shape
carat
color
clarity

Having a ring made

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
OK, thanks! :))

Don't know yet, waiting for Gary to respond. I am leaning towards Sapphires as I believe YAGs do not have the same variety in colours.

DK :))

Ah, okay. I'll probably get sapphires too then, since they are hardest and also maybe come in more colors. I am also waiting for a reply from Gary. He must be scratching his head, getting two requests for interchangeable stones at the same time. :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, does not look like this is going to be a goer for various reasons.

And no, I am not going to relate what Gary said in his responses to me.

I would probably end up asking him to cut me a medium blue lab Sapphire instead.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@seaurchin I am guessing you received a similar response yourself, hey ho!

Verbal/e-mail order placed with Gary for a royal/medium blue lab Sapphire in Asscher cut.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Here's the drawing, so far.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
It seems the interchangeable ring idea is not going to work for me after all. The stones can't reasonably be cut to the very high degree of precision needed for such a setting, as it turns out. So it's likely they either wouldn't fit into the setting or would rattle around and get chipped. And I'd rather have the variety of several different complete rings than the extra expense of each interchangeable stone having its own "head."

Oh well, at least my jewelry budget will be paid up sooner and I'll be out of jewelry jail faster now. :)

I'm still getting a ring but just with one permanently set hot pink lab sapphire.

Last edited:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Here is the new inspiration ring. My ring will be a lot like the one I liked in the first place but "frillier."

suzanne ring1.jpg

Last edited:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Here's a CAD. What do you all think?

-She said the milgrain would be added later.

- I wanted all the surrrounding bezels to be the same rather than have the four that are a little different. But now I'm thinking maybe it's better to keep that little variance detail? I don't know.

- I want the halo bezels to be in platinum, the rest in 14k yellow gold.

- My center stone will be 10mm (a little larger than the 9.5mm in the inspiration ring). It will be a hot pink lab sapphire. (Lab diamonds in the halo).

The gallery (basket underneath) metal is done in a simple flower design.

Any and all thoughts much appreciated!

CAD1.jpg

Last edited:

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
This is going to be awesome :dance: How exciting! I love the way your CAD looks.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I'm dying to see this ring! That stone is so vibrant.

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
Whoa what a colour! That is seriously punchy and bright. It's going to look awesome in your new ring. Can't wait to see the finished product :)

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Pssst.... If anyone is interested, Finewater Gems has a 9mm hot pink lab sapphire up for sale right now.

That is a pretty stone!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
It's finished. :)

newring1.jpg

newring2.jpg newring3.jpg newring4.jpg

Oh yes! Love this to the moon and back. It's so feminine, bright, happy - love the warm gold against the pink with the contrast of white in the halo.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results