shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you Rhodiumed a Ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
After some great advice, I think I may rhoduim my ring set just to see if I like it better in white metal. I would love to hear and some photos from people who have had success with this. Also, can I have the rhodium removed? How long will last? This would just be temporary but I want to make sure I am not going to damage the ring set.

Thank you

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
I have rhodiumed a yellow gold ring. It lasted about 6 months before you could see some of the yellow showing through. And yes, it can be removed (did that too). I''m sorry I don''t have any before and after shots.

I have had my white gold ring rhodiumed and it lasted a lot longer.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Jellybean

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Some PSers have done this to yellow gold rings and found that it quickly chipped off in places that made the ring look like it had yellow spots. It seems that the plating lasts shorter/longer depending on how it reacts with your skin.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Libster did this to her ring. Here''s her experience: LINK

And here are some pics of what they looked like with some of the plating coming off: LINK

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
This is the specific pic I was referring to (hope you don''t mind Libster)

Libster ring.jpg

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been doing it to my white gold rings about every 7-9 months.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
OH MY!!! Don''t like that at all
7.gif
I wonder if she had it taken off? Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results