shape
carat
color
clarity

Help- Can rhodium plating be removed from 14K yellow gold?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
I know....why would I do this?! My husband bought me a diamond for our 15th anniversary and I wanted to have it set in white gold. My wedding band is a plain 14k yellow gold and I wanted to wear it with the new ring. The jeweler suggested rhodium plating the ring and I might have to have it re-plated once a year. I did it and now wonder why. In just a couple of months of wear the band resembles some strange gold/silver leopard print.

My question...can I have the rhodium plating removed, or am I stuck now having it re-dipped every couple of months?

Any advice would be great....

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Steve,
Thanks so much for the information. This is just a plain gold band, no stones or anything so it might work. The only problem is that it is a very thin band which originally was a brushed gold that has since worn away, so I''m worried that any harsh scrubbing would do further damage. Hmmmmmm probably just have to have it replated.

Again, thanks for the reply.

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
LMAO... I know and next weeked I will be dragging hubby to Signed Pieces, all at the same time reminding him of how supportive I''ve been during his private pilot training!!!
9.gif

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/2/2004 2:23:49 PM
Author: Libster
LMAO... I know and next weeked I will be dragging hubby to Signed Pieces, all at the same time reminding him of how supportive I''ve been during his private pilot training!!!
9.gif

Yes, subliminal messages!!!! Make sure he sees how beautiful the sparklies look on your hand. Point out that it accents the other rings you wear fabulously (is that even a word)??
31.gif

And good idea...make sure you do mention how you are so supportive of his pilot training and that a sparkley will remind you of him while he is up in the sky!

You go get ''em girl!
27.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/4/2004 10:10
6.gif
9 AM
Author: Feydakin
Just tell him that diamonds on you make HIM more attractive
11.gif
LMAO

I''m going to use that one! I''ve been such a good wife of late
12.gif

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone who can gold plate can strip the rhodium, just reverse the connections. The burnt stuff strips off easier.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2004 10:10
6.gif
9 AM
Author: Feydakin
Just tell him that diamonds on you make HIM more attractive
11.gif
LMAO!!! Lucky for me, my husband realized this years ago!
9.gif

DiamondLil

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results