shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you reached your ideal jewelry collection? Or is there always another grail piece out there?

ExplorePS

Rough_Rock
It is a blessing to be content but as we know that everything exciting and new fades over time. In my 20s, the desire was stronger as it felt like I was missing key "wardrobe accessories." However, in my 30s, I'm feeling like I'm near the end of the seeking phase. Most of my jewelry is tied to a sentimental anniversary or pivotal life event. Because of this, I would have regret not using it frequently. The more different items you have, the less opportunity you get to wear it.

For me, having about 4 ring combos, 2 necklace options, 2 earring options, and about 2 bracelet options has been my "target." To have variety between a gold set and a white gold set has been helpful (if I acquire more jewelry it has to have a different look or purpose). Thanks for letting me share and hope this feedback helps others in some way!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
It is a blessing to be content but as we know that everything exciting and new fades over time. In my 20s, the desire was stronger as it felt like I was missing key "wardrobe accessories." However, in my 30s, I'm feeling like I'm near the end of the seeking phase. Most of my jewelry is tied to a sentimental anniversary or pivotal life event. Because of this, I would have regret not using it frequently. The more different items you have, the less opportunity you get to wear it.

For me, having about 4 ring combos, 2 necklace options, 2 earring options, and about 2 bracelet options has been my "target." To have variety between a gold set and a white gold set has been helpful (if I acquire more jewelry it has to have a different look or purpose). Thanks for letting me share and hope this feedback helps others in some way!

This!! I think I'm on the same boat with probably two of each ring, earrings, necklace, bracelet being the end goal as I don't change my jewellery much.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
The more different items you have, the less opportunity you get to wear it.

For most of my jewelry-collecting life I cared more about collecting cool stones than settings. Also I want to be able to stare at the pretty rocks. Those two preferences resulted in a whole bunch of solitaires, at first sized for my ring fingers, then as my collection grew, sized for my other fingers. :lol: Now I have a lot of solitaires that I hardly wear. I do not regret it because the goal was variety. But now that I am nearing the end of my natural diamond collection goals, I am spending more money on settings. Here is the reasoning: I am not a fancy girl so if I put the stones into big fancy settings, I will naturally not wear them that often and therefore will feel less bad! It sounds weird but it is working. :) When my natural diamond collection is complete maybe I will re-set all those solitaires I got in the past into big fancy settings and then feel less bad about not wearing them, too. It might actually be a good solution for filling out my color collection on a limited budget, because I can get the color stones in tiny side stone size. :lol-2: Once the novelty shape and super-saturated color lab grown diamonds come down in price, I will probably amass more diamonds but I can learn from the past by making bracelets.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results