shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you ever thought about the one that got away?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm talking diamonds, of course!

For me, there was a 2.90 G SI-1H & A dream stone that used to be another PS's stone (traded in). It was snatched up last fall, much to my dismay!

What about everyone else?

rubyprincess

Shiny_Rock
Actually yes! JbEG had two stones in our price range, one a 1.16 OEC and the other a 1.01 tranny. I hemmed and hawed over both, preferring the 1.16 but dragging my feet because both stones sat on their site for a couple of months. Then bam! The stone went on hold :-o and I lost her. Immediately bought the 1.01 to avoid that mishap again. Oh and the purchaser of the stone I really wanted was a PSer so I did get to see the beautiful setting and stone finally set but, yes, I do think about the one that got away.

Yeah... an OEC s/t in color.. 1.7 ct with a yellow gold head on a wg shank. Outbid by a few bucks.. :nono:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
BabyNurse's beauties! I was eyeballing both of them and waiting for the fall ... but given how prices have risen, I'm just glad a PS'r snapped them up before they were out of our collective reach (and I'm looking forward to living vicariously through the pics :halo: ).

Eskiez

Shiny_Rock
Yup! Cushioncrazy's 1.71 F VS2 is the one that got away from us. We went and saw it with Dan at ERD and it was love at first sight. Unfortunately, we decided that we weren't quite ready to pull the trigger then. I still think about that stone. :(sad

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I was eye-ing a 5 stone ring last November...now it is $1k more. Should have bought it then!

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
mom2boys|1312850471|2986834 said:
I'm glad I can always enjoy looking at it--here's blueiris' thread for everyone to enjoy again:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-rings-from-bgd.145395/

I hope it's new owner will eventually pop up on pricescope!

Just curious - why did she trade in the stone? I saw that she got the ring in June last yr. I couldn't find any subsequent postings as to why and what happened to the stone....

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OCgirl--I did some further investigating into her subsequent posts, especially since I saw the exact same stone relisted on the BGD website last year. She traded it in for what I believe was a smaller, more expensive 2.5 ct E VS-1 stone. I think the higher clarity and color was more along the lines of what she was looking for originally.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a 1/3 ct pendant at an estate sale - if it wasn't a super ideal cut I'd be surprised. That diamond performed really well from any and all angles in all types of lighting. I thought it was too small though and traded it in for an okay to very good 1/2 ct pendant. I wish I'd kept that little sparkler and put it in a mounting to give it an overall larger appearance.

I know you mentioned diamonds here but I found about a 2 carat pear shaped aqua ring once with a true deep aqua color. It was absolutely beautiful. It was actually fairly affordable for that color of stone but an aqua wasn't on my radar at that time. The SA who showed it to me is still at that store and we both frequently talk about that beautiful aqua.

OCgirl

Brilliant_Rock
mom2boys|1312862159|2986965 said:
OCgirl--I did some further investigating into her subsequent posts, especially since I saw the exact same stone relisted on the BGD website last year. She traded it in for what I believe was a smaller, more expensive 2.5 ct E VS-1 stone. I think the higher clarity and color was more along the lines of what she was looking for originally.

Wow nice. I would be thrilled to have that 2.9 G SI1 beauty. But you're right. It is personal preference.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely have. There are a few, but the one that sticks on my mind often enough is a 4.50ct H VVS Lucida that was at an auction a few years ago. I think a few PS'ers might remember this. I was incredibly *stupid* - I posted about it on PS and it was bidded up. Estimate was only abt $50-60k and it ended up at abt $90k. Even at that price, comparing to current diamond prices, it was quite reasonable. I *LOVED* the Lucida for so long and still really love it, but force myself to not think about it all the time, since I know that I will never ever be able to afford one now. I also console myself with the fact that my BFF wears a Lucida and even though I literally found the ring for her, she wouldn't be happy with another person she knows (let alone her BFF) wearing one.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1312828729|2986593 said:
BabyNurse's beauties! I was eyeballing both of them and waiting for the fall ... but given how prices have risen, I'm just glad a PS'r snapped them up before they were out of our collective reach (and I'm looking forward to living vicariously through the pics :halo: ).

Has BabyNurse posted the finished rings? I don't think I've seen them.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! A stunning sapphire and diamond Art Deco ring from Single Stone. I wasn't actually in the market and even if I still had been, it was much more expensive than I could have spent (limit was $2,000, we spent around $1,500, SS ring cost $3,250). I called Single Stone to ask how much it was and they sent me photos even after I told them it was outside my price range. I still have those emailed photos over 2 years later.

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
I really regret not jumping on softlysoftly's OEC when it was listed at JBEG. Really regret it! I thought it was very reasonably priced and super gorgeous but DH wasn't so sure about the colour.

Still, it went to a PSer so it has a great home now and I can still admire it :appl:

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Echidna|1313022556|2988214 said:
I really regret not jumping on softlysoftly's OEC when it was listed at JBEG. Really regret it! I thought it was very reasonably priced and super gorgeous but DH wasn't so sure about the colour.

Still, it went to a PSer so it has a great home now and I can still admire it :appl:

I promise I'll share pics once I get it, Echidna! :)
Victor Canera is making the ring...not sure how long I'll be kept a LIW for it after my SO gets it..hopefully not too long :naughty:

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
maplefemme|1313023979|2988224 said:

Victor Canera is making the ring...not sure how long I'll be kept a LIW for it after my SO gets it..hopefully not too long :naughty:

It's going to be SWOON-WORTHY, maplefemme :love: I love Victor's stuff and would have set it just the same! Can't wait to see :appl:

lindacat

Rough_Rock
One on Ebay is the one that got away for me - I still dream about it! It was an OEC center stone, about 1.5 carats, and the band looked like platinum and tiny diamonds weaved into a leaf and vine pattern. It was so neat - I ended up with a different Art Deco one, as I prefer the antique rings, but still think of that one. The center stone was old, but the platinum setting had been made by this jeweler who was selling it (can't recall his name just now). Ugh! :((

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I have two that I think about often.

First was a 2.01 OMC set in a HW halo. Gorgeous! I just purchased my upgrade though and for some reason never thought about checking out this 1 particular site. I found it the day after I set my upgrade and it was no longer returnable :(sad

Second was a fantastic pair of 2.5ct fancy yellow dangle earrings that were stunning. They were on sale at a fantastic price but it was right around the time my DH bought my emerald and diamond deco bracelet so I didn't want to spend the extra cash. I have never seen anything like them since.... ;(

mrb09

Rough_Rock
Missed out this spring on an AGS000 h si1 2.38 for a great price. Ended up waiting, and eventually going a bit bigger and it cost me! Hope someone who appreciates it got that stone!!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I almost pulled the trigger on Phoenix's 2.4 G SI-1 BG Blue earlier this year--she got it for a remarkable price! But I'm glad she is enjoying it as the center stone in her new 3 stone ring!

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Been there done that too....I spent quite a bit of time figuring out what kind of diamond ring I "really" wanted. So I finally narrowed it down to 3, then emailed the sellers for all of the details and got every single one of my questions answered, then selected one of the three. I declared it my dream ring-- I pretty much knew I loved it the first time I layed eyes on it, but becuase it was different from what I said I had originally wanted I doubted it this really was what I wanted-- ya' know? Well, by the time I made up my mind someone else had put the ring on hold and already paid a deposit on the ring, plus arranged payments on it (insert lots of wailing and tears here).

I tried to put it out of my mind and just buy one of the other two rings, but really nothing compared to that ring! Then months later out of the blue the seller of that ring emailed me and said the buyer lost his job and could not complete his purchase. The happy ending is the ring that got away is now mine and has a lovely place on my right hand where it is admired and loved every day. :)

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MyDiamondSparkles--what a happy ending to such a great story! I guess it was truly meant to be!

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
Echidna|1313024406|2988228 said:
maplefemme|1313023979|2988224 said:

It's going to be SWOON-WORTHY, maplefemme :love: I love Victor's stuff and would have set it just the same! Can't wait to see :appl:

Thank you, Echidna! :)

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Once in a while, I think about two stones:

1. A 2.26 radiant from Excel Diamonds - big and beautiful in person but I just couldn't take the "I" color; and

2. What JBEG describes as a "rectangular asscher". 1.87 cts and I believe it was sold to one of JBEG's friends. I thought long and hard about this stone but I just wasn't in the market for an emerald/asscher. I have a hard enough time keeping my cushion clean, but the videos of this beauty were breathtaking. I hope JBEG can snap some more shots of it for us.

JBEG.jpg

rubyprincess

Shiny_Rock
Iota that rectangular asscher/emerald cut is hypnotic! :love: :love:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I love that stone iota!! :love:

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yea! That rectangular asscher was something, and I definitely was not looking for a step cut. It looked like it had a high crown - or something... something different.

This was the radiant I was looking at. Not as much general appeal perhaps, but she was the first stone I met in New York.

She twinkled at me in the sun light and with a coy smile and giggle, said.... "Hey there".... lol.

radiant1111.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am a coloured stone girl, through and through. So why can't I get this ring out of my mind?

aofpdemant.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results