clarity

Have you ever slapped someone?

Have you ever slapped someone?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I have never slapped anyone across the face, but I have slapped my older kid on his thigh when he kicked the younger one in the stomach during a fight. I left a hand print on this thigh, and felt so bad I cried harder than he did…he was about 8 at the time. Never hit either kid since. They are now 20 and 18.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
No
But im dying to know what it feels like but i guess the slapper is too busy being hot under the collar to take note

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If we slap someone with our bling on that could absolutely be prosecuted as assault.
Just saying.

8)

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When DD was about 4 she kept unbuckling her safety belt on her car seat meaning I’d have to pull over, get out and rebuckle her in. After a long day at work, picking her up from child care and being in crazy traffic with hardly anywhere safe to “pull over”, after the third time I snapped. And I smacked her on the leg.
She didn’t cry, I think she was too shocked, and didn’t unbuckle the belt again on the trip home.
Getting home, finally, I went to get her out of her car seat and I then saw my hand imprint, including my ring, in bright red on her leg.
OMG. I was absolutely beside myself.
I rang DH in tears, barely making any sense, I think he thought I’d inflicted grievous bodily harm on her. He rushed home from work no knowing what to expect.
The one bonus is that DD never unbuckled her safety belt again.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I associate slapping with an open hand across the face. Does slapping now encompass hitting any part of the body with an open hand?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I associate slapping with an open hand across the face. Does slapping now encompass hitting any part of the body with an open hand?

I think it can refer to "hitting with an open hand" applied to any part of the body.

I won't share what I found in the urban dictionary. :shock:

Oh heck, I will share. :lol:

Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 7.49.02 AM.png

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I agree with you. If it’s any body part then all the kids I know used to play that hand-slapping game where they put their hands on yours and you try to slap them before they pull away. But I feel like that doesn’t count.

Barring the above game, I’ve never slapped anyone. I have however punched and kicked plenty of folk when I did competitive fighting. They frown on slapping . I can definitively say though that I’ve never hit anyone out of anger, mostly because I do have a history of sport fighting so if I’m hitting out of anger then I’m likely throwing punches out of habit and it’s gonna turn into a brawl.

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
I have never slapped anyone. My husband tells me of his father’s principle that a young child should only ever be slapped if they are doing or about to do something which puts them in immediate physical danger (eg finger in electrical socket; trying to run onto a road). That principle makes sense to me.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never slapped anyone. My husband tells me of his father’s principle that a young child should only ever be slapped if they are doing or about to do something which puts them in immediate physical danger (eg finger in electrical socket; trying to run onto a road). That principle makes sense to me.

I actually only remember (in detail) being slapped once. When I walked into the gutter without looking (I was 3) and it was a busy big road. My dad rushed into the street grabbed me and slapped me hard. He was scared. I forgive him. I was hit other times but it wasn’t abuse. It was poor judgment on their part the other times. That’s the only time I remember clearly being slapped and with good reason too IMO.

I've slapped someone. It was in college. A guy grabbed my a** as I was walking by. When I whirled around to face him, he said something along of lines of, "Geez relax baby." So I slapped him. Fortunately, his friends pulled him away and apologized on his behalf. No regerts.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results