shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you bought pre loved jewellery since joining PS?

Have you bought pre loved jewellery since joining PS?

• Yes

Votes: 51 81.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 19.0%

• Total voters

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
Almost everything except my ER is preloved and antique. I actually prefer it that way! My first really good piece of jewelry was given to me by my paternal grandmother when I was 16. It was family heirloom. Have loved the old things ever since!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Jambalaya|1453926244|3982505 said:
I haven't bought anything from a Pricescoper. It's true that nothing in pre-loved has been right for me. But look, not to sound mega-suspicious or anything, but I've posted my jewelry here and so I don't want anyone to have my real name or address, which is information involved in a transaction. They could be anybody or they could pass it on to anybody. Once the info is out, someone knows where the jewelry is and where my home is, and they could give that info to anyone. I have it on good authority that at least one person here is not only a total con artist but likes to destroy others in real life where possible if she takes a dislike to you, and I wouldn't want my information being passed unawares to that person, for example. I prefer to keep a total firewall between me and PS. Not even the admin has my real name and I'm very cagey about my current location - I don't discuss the weather, for example. You can't be too careful. There are some seriously disturbed people out there....and the sheer number of lurkers worries me, too. It's as if we're all at home together chatting about our lifestyles and where we live and showing all our expensive jewelry, with the curtains open and the door unlocked. Anyone could be piecing it all together to find your location. As far as PS is concerned, for security purposes, I'm Ms Nobody from Nowhere!

Actually, the last five words of that sentence pretty much describes me anyway! :lol:

Jamba, Your post has been stuck in my mind ever since I read it yesterday. I have had a couple of transactions with other PSers. However, their jewelry collections are significantly worth more in value than mine could ever be. They are opening themselves up in a way as well if that makes sense? I guess my point is that you need to be careful on both ends of the transactions. I know I don't have a criminal record (just passed another background check for the school I was volunteering this morn! :D ) but others have no idea of who they are dealing with. It just made me wonder what safety issues people have with the topic of this thread in buying preloved. :confused:

Also, I really don't know what to make of the suggestion that there is a PS member who likes to destroy others off this board. I would hope that would be reported to admin if something like that were to happen. This truly concerned me as I come to this board to enjoy it and contribute. I don't have the knowledge yet to help people in some areas, but I do my best to find threads or help in other ways. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results