shape
carat
color
clarity

Have any gem websites given your computer a virus lately?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Have any gem websites given your computer a virus or adware lately?

I browse various gem vendor sites when I have free time (surprise, right?) and that is basically where I go on my computer. I don't open any downloads on e-mails people send but my computer, in the past few days, got a virus. I spend an hour on the phone last night with the computer company (and $150) and they cleaned it out for me. It was a very aggressive "adware" but the compter technician said it really is a virus.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had this, as we may travel to similar sites. I doubt it was from a site of one of the named vendors here but from some other various other ones out there.

Yes, I have an antivirus program but it did not catch it.

It was not fun. Hope it hasn't happened to you.
8.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
No problems as yet...

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
would you mind telling the symptoms of the virus? i experienced a slight problem yesterday and got a resolution but am still trying to figure out what happened. i didn''t get infected but think my virus protection either caught something or just fallout from an update. i am not very tech savvy so maybe just my ignorance.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Oh, it was a rectangular Windows warning screen that appeared on the desktop that would not go away. It said something like "warning, infected with adware" "win 32/virtuomonde and win 32.M64.

I did the pay-per-call for Dell to clean it out and I just uninstalled the old antivirus program and installed McAffee.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing but thanks for the heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results