shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone''s Sharper Image U/S Cleaner crapped out?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shannon72781

Shiny_Rock
I bought my SI ultrasonic jewelry cleaner last January (2008) and yesterday it just stopped working. it only has a 1 yr warranty.

I tried different outlets, tried resetting it...and nothing. I''m so mad!
29.gif

Has anyone else experienced this? Since I am 2 months over the 1 year warranty, is there any hope of getting a replacement or refund? Geez, those things aren''t cheap and now I don''t have anything to clean my jewlery
23.gif

Thanks!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had mine for a couple of years and one day it just stopped working too. I am sure it was past the warranty but since SI no longer exists, there was nowhere to go with it! Fortunately, my son got me one for Christmas from Gem Appraisers. I actually like it better - doesn''t make that horrendous ticking noise and the cleaning cycle is much shorter.

I''m sorry. . . it is one of those unexpected expenses but it''s one of those appliances that you just don''t feel you can live without!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Same thing happened to me!!!! Got it in December 2007 and it stopped working in January 2009. I only had it for a little over a year and I was soooo upset too!!!

Hopefully when I decide to purchase a new one (not sure which one yet) it will last me longer! Mabye those daily cleanings were too much for it.
10.gif

Sorry it happened to you too. Bummer.

*´¨)
¸.• ´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•''Cachette
1.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I had a different brand--gem oro, maybe?--that died pretty quickly too. I think it was a wiring problem, but I couldn''t figure out how to get the machine open to see if I could fix it.

The ammonia-and-toothbrush method (or dishwashing-liquid-and-toothbrush method, for sensitive materials) works pretty well.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i've been saying for yrs that those SI cleaners are crap and nobody ever believe me. you guys spent thousands of $$$ on jewelry but don't wanna invest in a $150 S/S tank US cleaner that will out last 10 of them SI crap.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
To be honest, I think my soaking-in-hot-water-and-Dawn followed by scrubbing with a soft toothbrush process works as well as the small ultrasonic I own. And there's less clutter in the bathroom! (And since I have melee in almost all my jewelry, it's probably better anyway.)

I don't know what brand mine is- I kinda remember it might be the same brand as the SI one, but not sure... I got it off eBay. I've had it for two or three years and it still works when I bother to dig it out.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yes, that happened to me . . . twice. Smoking (internal fire?), cracking of the plastic, etc. I think I got them to send me another one, but I honestly don''t remember if I asked for a replacement or just bought a new one. Now I have the Branson 200. I have no complaints except that I should have paid extra to get a basket with smaller holes . . . I have to position my studs just so so that they don''t fall through the basket holes.

cayce

Rough_Rock
My Sharper Image ultra sonic lasted 11 months
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results