shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone''s Sharper Image U/S Cleaner crapped out?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shannon72781

Shiny_Rock
I bought my SI ultrasonic jewelry cleaner last January (2008) and yesterday it just stopped working. it only has a 1 yr warranty.

I tried different outlets, tried resetting it...and nothing. I''m so mad!
29.gif

Has anyone else experienced this? Since I am 2 months over the 1 year warranty, is there any hope of getting a replacement or refund? Geez, those things aren''t cheap and now I don''t have anything to clean my jewlery
23.gif

Thanks!

I had mine for a couple of years and one day it just stopped working too. I am sure it was past the warranty but since SI no longer exists, there was nowhere to go with it! Fortunately, my son got me one for Christmas from Gem Appraisers. I actually like it better - doesn''t make that horrendous ticking noise and the cleaning cycle is much shorter.

I''m sorry. . . it is one of those unexpected expenses but it''s one of those appliances that you just don''t feel you can live without!

Same thing happened to me!!!! Got it in December 2007 and it stopped working in January 2009. I only had it for a little over a year and I was soooo upset too!!!

Hopefully when I decide to purchase a new one (not sure which one yet) it will last me longer! Mabye those daily cleanings were too much for it.
10.gif

Sorry it happened to you too. Bummer.

*´¨)
¸.• ´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•''Cachette
1.gif

I had a different brand--gem oro, maybe?--that died pretty quickly too. I think it was a wiring problem, but I couldn''t figure out how to get the machine open to see if I could fix it.

The ammonia-and-toothbrush method (or dishwashing-liquid-and-toothbrush method, for sensitive materials) works pretty well.

i've been saying for yrs that those SI cleaners are crap and nobody ever believe me. you guys spent thousands of $$$ on jewelry but don't wanna invest in a $150 S/S tank US cleaner that will out last 10 of them SI crap.

To be honest, I think my soaking-in-hot-water-and-Dawn followed by scrubbing with a soft toothbrush process works as well as the small ultrasonic I own. And there's less clutter in the bathroom! (And since I have melee in almost all my jewelry, it's probably better anyway.)

I don't know what brand mine is- I kinda remember it might be the same brand as the SI one, but not sure... I got it off eBay. I've had it for two or three years and it still works when I bother to dig it out.

Yes, that happened to me . . . twice. Smoking (internal fire?), cracking of the plastic, etc. I think I got them to send me another one, but I honestly don''t remember if I asked for a replacement or just bought a new one. Now I have the Branson 200. I have no complaints except that I should have paid extra to get a basket with smaller holes . . . I have to position my studs just so so that they don''t fall through the basket holes.

My Sharper Image ultra sonic lasted 11 months
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP