shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone won an Alex Parks auction?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t wait to see this sapphire set. This is going to be spectacular @mrs-b!

Thanks, @Calliecake - I hope it hits all the buttons. I've never said this on PS before, but I'd say every second project of mine is a fail, and even for the ones that I keep, they often take remaking or tweaking once or twice.

It's a process. I regret screwing up this spinel, tho - it's a gorgeous stone, and the color is nothing like how it looks in this ring. Shoulda left it how it was when I first made it. :roll2: Not my first mistake, tho, and definitely not my last.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And can I just say - I had one lunch with @elle_71125 - ONE! - and I'm out there buying sapphires like there's no tomorrow! We know whose door to lay this spending spree at!!

#Queenofcolor #coloredgembadinfluence #secretlymyidol #nextstopemeralds

:mrgreen:

All it takes is one lunch…:evil2:

All jokes aside. This is going to be a killer ring. Those crazy bright sparkly diamonds around that luscious blueberry? That’s the stuff dreams are made of! :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still waiting for the sapphire to arrive. I was sent no notification that the sapphire had been sent, and no shipping / tracking info, despite asking more than once over a 3 day period. Does anyone know if this is normal?? Consequently, I either wasn't home or wasn't aware when the sapphire arrived on Friday, and am now hoping it comes on Monday. Given that my home here is in a gated community, my experience with UPS is patchy at best, so I'm hoping they don't come and go a second time without contacting me properly (which often happens, sadly, despite them having the gate passcodes etc. They're often simply too lazy to punch in the codes and walk down the path) So we'll see.

Really not happy at this point, tho, and not an experience I'm likely to repeat.

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b, When you are involved in a project, it’s a pricescoper’s holy grail. One of my favorite threads on PS is a ring you sold to another PSer. Many of us had a great time waiting for the delivery to arrive. I was so happy for the person who bought the ring. It was gorgeous!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b, When you are involved in a project, it’s a pricescoper’s holy grail. One of my favorite threads on PS is a ring you sold to another PSer. Many of us had a great time waiting for the delivery to arrive. I was so happy for the person who bought the ring. It was gorgeous!!!

Awww - thank you so much, @Calliecake!

I've given a great deal of thought to my collection over the last year or two, and I've decided I have room for 4 more rings. 2 of them are currently in production, and I have the center stones for rings 3 and 4 as well. Many here have more jaw dropping pieces than me, but, for me, my collection hits all the main bases, all my favorite looks, and scratches ever itch. After years of thinking about it, I was aware of a seismic shift in my attitude recently, when I arrived at the designs for those last 4 rings. I knew I wanted no more and that I was happy and content to say "I'm done" at that point.

I'm also working on a pair of earrings, and will set all my remaining melee as well. All the remaining colored gems will be sold. I'm emotionally disassociating from all the leftover bits and "the list" in general, while falling increasingly in love with the pieces I have and my collection overall.

I feel like I'm at a wonderful place - still doing projects I love, but also with the end in sight.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh. it finally came - and that was a circus in and of itself. And it's a lovely color...in some light. The rest of the time it blacks out. Can't return it - bought at auction. But kinda stuck now.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh. it finally came - and that was a circus in and of itself. And it's a lovely color...in some light. The rest of the time it blacks out. Can't return it - bought at auction. But kinda stuck now.

Ugh I am sorry @mrs-b how disappointing. It makes me hesitate now to purchase from him. I thought he had a good eye and expected more

Reactions: Kya

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I’m catching up on this thread after reading the other - so sorry @mrs-b . I told you I had a similar experience and this was the stone I bought:

Edit - I think link didn’t work. I think it’s too old. Arg.

And I don’t have the picture irl but think flat morganite. I had bought a precision from him that was beautiful , so I was so surprised. It made me wary bc I think he films in the most ideal conditions. :(.

Last edited:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m catching up on this thread after reading the other - so sorry @mrs-b . I told you I had a similar experience and this was the stone I bought:

Edit - I think link didn’t work. I think it’s too old. Arg.

And I don’t have the picture irl but think flat morganite. I had bought a precision from him that was beautiful , so I was so surprised. It made me wary bc I think he films in the most ideal conditions. :(.

If this is the stone, the link worked for me.
1713624825532.png

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
If this is the stone, the link worked for me.
1713624825532.png

Yes! That’s it. Glad it worked. Irl it was flat, dull, and overly pale. I searched my camera roll to see if I could find my irl pics but I guess I deleted bc I couldn’t find them.

HGar

Shiny_Rock
Ugh I am sorry @mrs-b how disappointing. It makes me hesitate now to purchase from him. I thought he had a good eye and expected more

@missy, there was actually a typo in the header. @mrs-b actually bought from Alex Weber, not Alex Parks so your emerald cut shopping can continue.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, there was actually a typo in the header. @mrs-b actually bought from Alex Weber, not Alex Parks so your emerald cut shopping can continue.

Thank you! That is quite the typo and I am relieved it was not Alex Parks because I know he has a good eye. Thank you @HGar for clearing that up for me

ETA @mrs-b I would report this thread to Ella and ask her to edit the title to reflect Alex Weber and not Alex Parks

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results