shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone won an Alex Parks auction?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just won an auction and need to pay but can't find how. Does anyone know how to find payment info? On his site it says payment info is on story highlights. That's the highlighted profile photo, right? Well, I'm not seeing anything related to how to pay.

Anyone out there able to help me pls? Thank you!

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yes, I have. They will reach out to you and they accept various types of payment: Zelle, Venmo, wire or Paypal with a small fee. They also offer free shipping if the item is above $1,000, otherwise, you will need to pay for shipping. The transaction was very smooth and fast.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just won an auction and need to pay but can't find how. Does anyone know how to find payment info? On his site it says payment info is on story highlights. That's the highlighted profile photo, right? Well, I'm not seeing anything related to how to pay.

Anyone out there able to help me pls? Thank you!

I'm so nice; I'll take care of everything for you.

Just wire the funds to meeeeee. :evil2::evil2::evil2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I have. They will reach out to you and they accept various types of payment: Zelle, Venmo, wire or Paypal with a small fee. They also offer free shipping if the item is above $1,000, otherwise, you will need to pay for shipping. The transaction was very smooth and fast.

@SomethingNew - they did reach out to me, and asked me how I wanted to pay. I told them - then...nothing. Will they get back to me with a Zelle address or something? And I also need to give them my shipping address. Do we do all of that through Instagram?

And thank you - so much! - for your help with this. The auction only ended last night, but I wondered if I was supposed to have paid them by now. I just don't have an address to pay them *to*. Will they send me that info via Insta?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ETA They reached out to me and all is well. Thank you for the help, @SomethingNew - I was *really* starting to think I was meant to have paid them already via some channel I couldn't find, and that they'd give my gem to the next highest bidder, who could see what I couldn't! But it's all good now. ::)

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahem. And the item is....

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahem. And the item is....

LOL! Sorry, @Matata, my mistake! I'm going to post it in colored stones as well, but here's the link in the meantime. It's not a big purchase, but it will be substantial (I think) when halo'd in 13 point diamonds! This is a screen shot taken from a video - so this was the best I could do. It will be set in platinum with some degree of black antiquing. I'm sure everything about it could be better, but I still really like it. And for the price I paid, I'm very happy.

(And it was an auction, so - no, I didn't pay 10k for it!)

2.51ct Alex Parks sapphire.png

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Congrats on winning it @mrs-b . 3 stone? Pendant? Whats the verdict? I'm so nosey!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Congrats on winning it @mrs-b . 3 stone? Pendant? Whats the verdict? I'm so nosey!

Ring! Halo's in 13 point diamonds (I have some very nice ones I've been saving for a project like this!) Set in platinum, milgrain edges, blackened with antiquing. :bigsmile: I'll probably wear it with my Leon eternity.

And thanks for being interested, @tyty333; I'm pretty chuffed! It's my husband's birthstone, so will be quite a sentimental piece for me.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And can I just say - I had one lunch with @elle_71125 - ONE! - and I'm out there buying sapphires like there's no tomorrow! We know whose door to lay this spending spree at!!

#Queenofcolor #coloredgembadinfluence #secretlymyidol #nextstopemeralds

:mrgreen:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And can I just say - I had one lunch with @elle_71125 - ONE! - and I'm out there buying sapphires like there's no tomorrow! We know whose door to lay this spending spree at!!

She is worthy of membership in the PS Enablers Hall of Fame.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

#Queenofcolor #coloredgembadinfluence #secretlymyidol #nextstopemeralds

:mrgreen:

So funny!!! :lol-2::lol-2:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, how exciting, mrs-b! The stone looks gorgeous! :love: It's from Alex Weber, though, right, not Alex Park?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, how exciting, mrs-b! The stone looks gorgeous! :love: It's from Alex Weber, though, right, not Alex Park?

Good grief - yes!! I only just realized this! I had thought it was some sort of colored gem arm of Alex Parks' business!! Um - without sounding like a complete nincompoop - could i ask you to fill me in a little on who the heck Alex Weber is??

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good grief - yes!! I only just realized this! I had thought it was some sort of colored gem arm of Alex Parks' business!! Um - without sounding like a complete nincompoop - could i ask you to fill me in a little on who the heck Alex Weber is??

I have not purchased from him before, but Alex Weber owns Premier Gemstones:

lovetodream

Shiny_Rock
I have stalked his auctions for awhile now and am always tempted but somewhat leery because of the lack of detail on them at times. That ruby in the last auction though…

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've bought from them before and it was very easy! Congrats on your purchase and I can't wait to see the completed ring!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have stalked his auctions for awhile now and am always tempted but somewhat leery because of the lack of detail on them at times. That ruby in the last auction though…

I know, right?!!

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
ETA They reached out to me and all is well. Thank you for the help, @SomethingNew - I was *really* starting to think I was meant to have paid them already via some channel I couldn't find, and that they'd give my gem to the next highest bidder, who could see what I couldn't! But it's all good now. ::)

In my case, it was Alex's sister or sister in law handling the payment and shipment, she is quite new so there could be a delay. Other than that, so far my experience with them has been rather smooth. I do agree for higher priced items, definitely would like to see more pictures and details.

Anyways, that was a great deal on the Sapphire, and in that color! Congrats and can't wait to see the finish product!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like a lovely design @mrs-b ! 13 pointers will make an awesome halo and the black antiquing sounds dreamy!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b that is a drop dead gorgeous color, and unheated to boot! Cannot wait to see you ring.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on another amazing piece!!! Excited to see what you do with it!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For anyone who's interested...I did *this* ring with DKJ - and it's just too big for my finger. Never thought I'd see the day. But because of its weight, it sort of twists on my finger - looking like its sitting on a 10-15 degree angle. So I'm going to have it dismantled and use the diamonds around the new sapphire.

100720.jpg

100720-2.jpg

It's a grey spinel with a ruby halo and then a diamond cluster in 18kt rose and platinum, with a tapered tri wire band. Unfortunately, the red rubies and the rose gold suck the life right out of the spinel, which is normally *way* more colorful than it looks now. So the whole thing was a bit of a failure. Hoping the sapphire, diamond and platinum combo works better!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Oh please post pics of your final ring with the sapphire!

And I've ordered from Alex Park many times. You just IM him to pay. He sends you PayPal details, etc.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh please post pics of your final ring with the sapphire!

And I've ordered from Alex Park many times. You just IM him to pay. He sends you PayPal details, etc.

Will do. :bigsmile:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For anyone who's interested...I did *this* ring with DKJ - and it's just too big for my finger. Never thought I'd see the day. But because of its weight, it sort of twists on my finger - looking like its sitting on a 10-15 degree angle. So I'm going to have it dismantled and use the diamonds around the new sapphire.

100720.jpg

100720-2.jpg

It's a grey spinel with a ruby halo and then a diamond cluster in 18kt rose and platinum, with a tapered tri wire band. Unfortunately, the red rubies and the rose gold suck the life right out of the spinel, which is normally *way* more colorful than it looks now. So the whole thing was a bit of a failure. Hoping the sapphire, diamond and platinum combo works better!

I know EXACTLY what you mean, working with colored stones really is an entirely different beast!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t wait to see this sapphire set. This is going to be spectacular @mrs-b!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results