shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone switched to a higher-set head?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I have a Signed Pieces shared prong set, and the center stone is set as low as possible. I''ve been trying on my wedding ring lately, and I feel like the center stone disappears into the set. My friend just got engaged with a higher set stone, and it really makes the center stone stand out. Also, then I could maybe change the straight prongs into more organic, curved ones like the Tiffany setting. Not sure if I''d go for a 4 or 6 prong. Anyway, throwing out ideas there. =) Can the head be changed without changing the rest of the ring? How much does this generally cost? Thanks!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
If the head is a peg-head you can pretty much change out the head very easily. However, if not...then you''d have to ask signed pieces your options. However, just to warn you I ended up lowering my setting because I banged it around so much...just a thought to keep in mind if you want to increase the height of your setting.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
peonygirl, why don''t you post half-side or side view of the set and i will play with different heads in photoshop?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results