Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone switched to a higher-set head?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I have a Signed Pieces shared prong set, and the center stone is set as low as possible. I''ve been trying on my wedding ring lately, and I feel like the center stone disappears into the set. My friend just got engaged with a higher set stone, and it really makes the center stone stand out. Also, then I could maybe change the straight prongs into more organic, curved ones like the Tiffany setting. Not sure if I''d go for a 4 or 6 prong. Anyway, throwing out ideas there. =) Can the head be changed without changing the rest of the ring? How much does this generally cost? Thanks!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
If the head is a peg-head you can pretty much change out the head very easily. However, if not...then you''d have to ask signed pieces your options. However, just to warn you I ended up lowering my setting because I banged it around so much...just a thought to keep in mind if you want to increase the height of your setting.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
peonygirl, why don''t you post half-side or side view of the set and i will play with different heads in photoshop?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring
    Love Conquers All- Quarantined and Engaged
    Love Conquers All- Quarantined and Engaged

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.