shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone had a Leon resized?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone had a Leon Mege ring with pave resized? Or any ring with a lot of small bead-set stones. I need mine made 1/4 size smaller and am trying to decide if I should have it sent back to Leon or done locally. It was their error and Leon said they would resize it but I am wondering if the hassle and risk of mailing it across country is worth it. A local jeweler said 1/4 size difference is very small and should not affect the pave but I am concerned. I realize that is all Leon would do. I don't think they would remake my ring for 1/4 size change.

What should I do and has anyone had this done?? I do remember someone who had hers resized and started to loose the pave stones.

Mine has pave on 3 sides 3/4 of the way around.

Swingirl

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d have Leon resize it. I know it''s a pain to send it across the country, but it''s really best to have him do this for you. I wouldn''t trust my local guy to do it.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I had mine sized by Leon. It was a disaster I swear. In any case, I STRONGLY suggest sizing beads if you can. I would never have a ring resized that had beads or miligrain on it ever again.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ally - I must have missed this thread because I''m sure I would remember it--what happened?!

(Now I''m TERRIFIED about having the halo on my Kelege modified!!!)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee, i''m sure your ring will be just fine...don''t worry

here''s the thread to ally''s story:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/more-ring-problems.34138/

swingirl, even with ally''s mishap, I''d still send it back to Leon for the sizing. if it gets messed up, he''s more likely to fix the mistakes, even remake the ring where letting someone else work on it could really complicate things..

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I were to size it, I''d for sure only let Leon touch it.

But I agree with Ally, for 1/4 a size smaller, definitely go with sizing beads or some other thing. By summer you''ll wish you had the 1/4 size back. And if not then, at some point you probably will, and you don''t want to be sizing a pave ring up and down.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for everyones comments. I originally sent Leon a band that fit well and said to match it. But then I tried on some rings with a center stone and the weight made it spin. So I called him back and said go down 1/4 size which he said was fine because they hadn't started it yet.

When I got it I noticed it was big but thought it might be the weather but now I've taken both rings to a jeweler who said they are the same size and the Leon ring is even a tad bit bigger. If Allycat's only went down 1/8 and she had problems yikes! what can I expect with 1/4??

And the problem with sizing beads is it still makes the width not match your finger. I would consider that if I lost weight or something my responsibility but this is a brand new ring that was made the wrong size.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 6:02:39 PM
Author: swingirl
Thanks for everyones comments. I originally sent Leon a band that fit well and said to match it. But then I tried on some rings with a center stone and the weight made it spin. So I called him back and said go down 1/4 size which he said was fine because they hadn''t started it yet.

When I got it I noticed it was big but thought it might be the weather but now I''ve taken both rings to a jeweler who said they are the same size and the Leon ring is even a tad bit bigger. If Allycat''s only went down 1/8 and she had problems yikes! what can I expect with 1/4??

And the problem with sizing beads is it still makes the width not match your finger. I would consider that if I lost weight or something my responsibility but this is a brand new ring that was made the wrong size.
to get the width of the ring done ALL those little diamonds are going to be effected, no? I''d definitely make leon do it....

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Even though it will be extra hassle, I would absolutely have Leon do the work. If you have someone else work on the ring and then stones start falling out, you could have a real problem with assigning responsibility for fixing the problem.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Swingirl, I''m not sure I would mess with it. Is it cold where you live? If so, in the summer your finger could very well be 1/4 size bigger. Maybe get one of those ring sizing guards if the beads drive you nuts. Here''s my concern.

I had called LM about a pre-owned ring of his for sale on Pearlman''s - I wondered if it could be sized down. Similar deal, it has pave halfway around on three sides. LM said that he would have to check the serial number to see if the ring had been sized previously. If it had, it couldn''t be sized again. So I guess I''m concerned for any future adjustments - weight gain or loss, changes from pregnancy, etc.

1/4 size is not a lot and given Ally''s problem, I would not mess with it. If you must though, send it back to LM, no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results