shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone gotten less than a full refund from James Allen?

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Due to foreign currency processing fee and/or difference between sell and buy rates? Or exchange rate fluctuation?

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Due to foreign currency processing fee and/or difference between sell and buy rates? Or exchange rate fluctuation?

Thanks @flyingpig . No foreign currency exchanges are involved. The processing fee has already taken into consideration. It so happens to be $5 USD short..which is pretty weird. :eh:

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
Just contact and ask them. For 5 USD, I'm sure it's just a miscalculation rather than a deliberate charge.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Just contact and ask them. For 5 USD, I'm sure it's just a miscalculation rather than a deliberate charge.

Thanks @MillieLou ..i did email them 2 days ago and still waiting for their reply.

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
Call them on the phone :) They are a big and reputable company, they wouldn't risk their reputation for 5 dollars. Someone's just got their maths wrong.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very odd. You should get the full refund. I would call or email a second time.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Odd of sure, and I can’t speak to an specific experience with James Allen, but if two quick emails don’t get you the refund, I just wouldn’t do business with them and eat the loss. I’m not going to waste an hour of my time on the phone with them chasing $5, not worth it to me- however, I will certainly mention my poor experience to others which will cost them way more than $5.

jamesallenrings

Rough_Rock
Background: We decided to return the JA Emerald cut diamond from JA due to poor workmanship (wonky prongs and crooked head) https://www.pricescope.com/communit...t-what-i-expected-what-are-your-views.262473/.

Although the refund was done on the 10th, somehow, we were ended up with $5 usd less than the full amount.

Has anyone experienced the same before?

Jackie here from James Allen. Could you please email me your order number and I will look into this? My email is [email protected].

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Jackie here from James Allen. Could you please email me your order number and I will look into this? My email is [email protected].

Hi @jamesallenrings Jackie, my husband finally received an email regarding the missing $5 . I have asked him to cc you so that you will be in the loop. Thank you so much for expediting this! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results