shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone got......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Please show me if you have a I/J/K coloured oval or cushion cut diamond, especially in the 1 carat plus size range. Is it a problem for you colour wise?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Samantha, I had a 3.02 ct I oval. The color was visible to me in some/most lighting. I only had it for six months before I traded to a round. Honestly though, even if I hadn't been driven crazy by the cut, the color would have been the end of this stone for me eventually anyway.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/27/2007 9:25:04 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Samantha, I had a 3.02 ct I oval. The color was visible to me in some/most lighting. I only had it for six months before I traded to a round. Honestly though, even if I hadn''t been driven crazy by the cut, the color would have been the end of this stone for me eventually anyway.
Hi Dee Jay

What was it about the cut that drove you so crazy? Are you lots happier with the round?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ovals have a bit of a bow tie effect in the center, but they also get a similar effect on the ends. It drove me crazy. Here's a pic where you can kind of see what I mean. The round is better for me because it's perfectly symmetrical. BUT, that being said, ovals are beautiful, so just make sure you look at A LOT of them and are sure that's the shape for you before you make a final decision.

Oval pic.jpg

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
thank you for the advice; I have to say the colour looks very good in that picture, it looks very white to me.

I will take on board what you say though. However, I live in the UK and may be buying from the US so do you think it would be safer to go with an ideal cut round?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think buying a round cut with good numbers from a respected vendor with a good return policy is the *safe* way to go. However, you could also work with a vendor that specializes in the type of stone that you decide you ultimately want. For instance, Mark at EGD is known for his cushion picking skills, and Jonathan at GOG just picked a GORGEOUS oval for Kaleigh, so don't despair if you really don't want a round stone, just work with the "right" vendor to get the "right" stone.

My point here is that I don't want to talk you/scare you into going with a round just because it's a "safer" option. You're going to look at this ring for a long time (well *maybe*, depending on when/if the upgrade bug hits you!
2.gif
) so don't settle just becuase it's a little harder on the front end.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2007 10:02:29 AM
Author: Samantha Red
thank you for the advice; I have to say the colour looks very good in that picture, it looks very white to me.

i agree with deejay. also, it''s really hard to judge color based on what you see on your computer. everyone''s are set different and the colors will be slightly different than what they are in real life.

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
This is my cushion. It is 1.05ct, I color with strong blue fluorescence. It is extremely white and I have yet to see yellow in it. I''m sure the fluorescence has to do with that. It is not set yet, but it will be soon! This is a pic in the sun.

cush24.jpg

Rachie

Shiny_Rock
This is a pic with indoor lighting.

ETA: Please ignore the nasty fingerprint!

cush23.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2007 7:01:12 AM
Author:Samantha Red
Please show me if you have a I/J/K coloured oval or cushion cut diamond, especially in the 1 carat plus size range. Is it a problem for you colour wise?
Here's a montage I made of my J antique style cushion 2.7 carats...

cbOMC25.jpg

ETA - none of these were my good shots, these were all my leftover shots that I didn't put in the thread here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/cbs-omc-pix.50194/page-6 There are some on page 5 that maybe show the yellow the most....

ETA2 - I think it is pretty hard to get shots showing the yellow well.... I think I can see it much more in person than in pictures and where I see it most is in jewelry stores... those halogen lights or whatever they use always makes my diamond look a really horrible yellow color
38.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results