shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone bought small lab diamonds from Takara?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently commissioned the lovely Gary Braun to cut a lab sapphire for me, and I'd love to put it in a beefy halo (cluster?) of lab diamonds, as I'm super curious to try them out. Has anyone purchased small diamonds around the 3mm mark from Takara? They claim to be super ideal to excellent cut. Or, does anyone have experience buying small, loose well cut lab diamonds elsewhere?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been looking at Ouros too, if anyone would be happy to share their experience with small stones?

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I've been looking at Ouros too, if anyone would be happy to share their experience with small stones?

I was going to say, try Ouros as they have a few happy customers here and I am contemplating getting one of their rings with smaller stones in them.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @monipod, I think I just might!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had some helix rings made by them (Ouros) for Christmas. The stones are tiny but very sparkly!

Great customer service.

ACFE6A38-28B3-411F-B78A-EB7D9D6D96A3.jpeg

Ooh they are adorbs!!

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
Ooh they are adorbs!!

They are lovely!

Mine fits perfectly - but I think my daughters is too small. I bought a pair - one each.

Her ear must be thicker than mine??!!

Going to try hers again in a few days. Doesn’t help that I can’t see to put it in properly. I made her ear sore....

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are lovely!

Mine fits perfectly - but I think my daughters is too small. I bought a pair - one each.

Her ear must be thicker than mine??!!

Going to try hers again in a few days. Doesn’t help that I can’t see to put it in properly. I made her ear sore....

I have a helix piercing, now I'm really tempted!

geoffreywong

Rough_Rock
I have brough a 3mm and two 2.5mm melee from Takara for my wedding band but the quality were not as expected to be H&A.

3mm:
001a.jpg

2.5mm:
002a.jpg

Another 2.5mm
003a.jpg

If you think the quality is good enough, go for it.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have brough a 3mm and two 2.5mm melee from Takara for my wedding band but the quality were not as expected to be H&A.

3mm:
001a.jpg

2.5mm:
002a.jpg

Another 2.5mm
003a.jpg

Thank you for sharing. I'm surprised the 2.5mm weren't better cut. For their prices I would have expected higher quality.

geoffreywong

Rough_Rock

3mm:

2.5mm:

Another 2.5mm

Better than Diamond replied to me that only 3mm or above diamond provide super ideal cut H&A cut. Those diamonds shown in the previous post were only Excellent cut.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Better than Diamond replied to me that only 3mm or above diamond provide super ideal cut H&A cut. Those diamonds shown in the previous post were only Excellent cut.

That is very helpful to know.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results