shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone bought from this seller?

missyc

Rough_Rock
Hi! New member here. I’m just seeking some advice on an Etsy seller and was wondering if anyone can give me any advice.

I bought a lavender sapphire 0.80cts from Sapphire Pal on Etsy for $292 AUD. Here are the details:

Has anyone bought from this seller before? I haven’t received the stone yet and it seems returns are pretty easy, so not too worried in that regard. Do you think it’s worth the price? I’m in Australia, so getting it appraised might be difficult/not worth the money for the amount I paid for the stone.

Thanks!
P.S. I am specifically looking for a cushion cut lavender sapphire under 1ct :)

voce

Ideal_Rock
It seems a reasonable price, and it looks beautiful to me.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't bought from them but did ask them a question about one of their stones and found them nice and responsive. I think it looks great

missyc

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies! Does the stone look like it has a window? I am planning to eventually set it in a bezel setting.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I bought a spinel from him. I ended up returning it for a window not shown in his pics. I'm in US so returning it was not cheap. Sapphire Pal is in Australia by the way.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will look less lavender and less saturated than that, imo. On my monitor, it looks like the whole area around the stone (on the white velvet) is slightly lavender so I think it is either intentionally or unintentionally enhanced.

Everyone uses these crummy cell-phone videos now saying they have not been enhanced, but they are "automatically" enhanced by the phone's image processing.

missyc

Rough_Rock
I bought a spinel from him. I ended up returning it for a window not shown in his pics. I'm in US so returning it was not cheap. Sapphire Pal is in Australia by the way.

I am also concerned that my stone will have windowing. I will have to wait until tomorrow to see if there is any windowing in person. And yes, I am lucky that he is in Australia as well, otherwise I would be hesitant in purchasing in the first place.

It will look less lavender and less saturated than that, imo. On my monitor, it looks like the whole area around the stone (on the white velvet) is slightly lavender so I think it is either intentionally or unintentionally enhanced.

Everyone uses these crummy cell-phone videos now saying they have not been enhanced, but they are "automatically" enhanced by the phone's image processing.

I don't mind if it looks less saturated - unless it's to the point that it looks colourless! I will see what it looks like when it comes in the mail tomorrow.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took a look at the link and it doesn't look windowed but it's probably going to have quite a bit of tilt windowing, which might be lessened once set. Still a good price all things considered.

missyc

Rough_Rock
I took a look at the link and it doesn't look windowed but it's probably going to have quite a bit of tilt windowing, which might be lessened once set. Still a good price all things considered.

The stone arrived and it had a window but not too noticeable. Unfortunately I had to return due to a really small chip on the table. The colour was very similar to the vendor images though. I have since bought a different stone from them and it will arrive next week.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I have a particolor coming from him this week, thanks for the heads up. And he was very responsive to questions. We'll see, I guess.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results