shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone bought from jelly labgem?

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
@Mreader I think I may be going in for some 8-9mm cushion emerald studs from Jellylab :shock: Your photos were so helpful! I have some real 4.5mm emeralds I just had set from Emerald Embassy (who now appear to be out of business, goes to show you how long I was sitting on those loose stones) but of course, that just gave me a craving to go bigger! I'm going to ask how much they charge to do a basic stud setting, and if it's too much I may buy loose and send to Daniel M.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@Mreader I think I may be going in for some 8-9mm cushion emerald studs from Jellylab :shock: Your photos were so helpful! I have some real 4.5mm emeralds I just had set from Emerald Embassy (who now appear to be out of business, goes to show you how long I was sitting on those loose stones) but of course, that just gave me a craving to go bigger! I'm going to ask how much they charge to do a basic stud setting, and if it's too much I may buy loose and send to Daniel M.

Sounds great!!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi - I bought one a whole back and had them set it. Nothing but good things to say. It’s so hard to capture the colour though. 2CACC271-26AA-41A1-8EA9-10A47FD0206D.png 9AEEDBC8-D15E-4FFE-91D2-B9DBC6A4B222.jpeg

Can I ask how the setting pricing was with them? Would be convenient to have them do it altogether but curious if it's more affordable than local options.

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
Can I ask how the setting pricing was with them? Would be convenient to have them do it altogether but curious if it's more affordable than local options.

Hi

I paid $372 all in with shipping and setting. The ring is good quality and I suspect that price would be hard to beat. Keep in mind I did 10k rose gold as it is sort of a fun fashion piece and not anything I would think about passing down along the line

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
Got mine! I looooooove it. I can’t speak to whether it looks real or not as I don’t think I’ve ever seen a real one, but I’m obsessed with it and trying to convince myself not to order about twelve more.

A426EA88-D5C0-4012-97D2-D7948B60C1FA.jpeg 5564324D-1932-452F-BA7A-113923EB9ABA.jpeg A55676B6-B848-44A3-820F-C6B575EFC187.jpeg 3BE6E327-7AEF-4657-91BD-2F934E787579.jpeg

It does have tilt windows as you can see, but the cutting seems good. No window head on, beautiful color. I’m smitten.

Oh gosh, I think I am in love! (clicks back to website) LOL

rosethorn

Shiny_Rock
Oh gosh, I think I am in love! (clicks back to website) LOL

I’m having a hard time staying away from them - I’ve ordered two loose stones AND a ring from them at this point and I’m contemplating another! Must remember my budget… :naughty:

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
I’m having a hard time staying away from them - I’ve ordered two loose stones AND a ring from them at this point and I’m contemplating another! Must remember my budget… :naughty:

I am in trouble for sure. Ugh. I JUST got a new anniversary ring and my e-ring fixed. And I'm getting a tattoo that will cost what jewelry costs in a couple of weeks.

This is peanuts, right? :lol-2:

rosethorn

Shiny_Rock
I am in trouble for sure. Ugh. I JUST got a new anniversary ring and my e-ring fixed. And I'm getting a tattoo that will cost what jewelry costs in a couple of weeks.

This is peanuts, right? :lol-2:

I’ve got the emerald ring coming, another emerald with Daniel M for a bracelet, a new semi-mount in the mail for original e-ring stone… and I keep almost pulling the trigger on a 5-stone asscher band and/or a honking emerald cut moissy.

None of its expensive on its own, I swear!! :lol-2:

Thread jacking here but what are you getting for your tattoo, if you don’t mind my asking?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

Ooooo which stones and what type of ring??

rosethorn

Shiny_Rock
Ooooo which stones and what type of ring??

The 7mm one I posted earlier in this thread, which has gone off to Holly Hague for a ring for my sister, and then I got a 10mm asscher I’m having set with a couple of Chris cz in a bracelet. The ring from jellylab is another 7mm asscher that I had them kite set in a 10k yellow gold solitaire. It’s nothing fancy, but I’ve been craving simple styles lately and the whole thing only cost like $250, including the shipping.

The ring should be here later today, so I’ll post pictures during nap time if it makes it here before then!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
The 7mm one I posted earlier in this thread, which has gone off to Holly Hague for a ring for my sister, and then I got a 10mm asscher I’m having set with a couple of Chris cz in a bracelet. The ring from jellylab is another 7mm asscher that I had them kite set in a 10k yellow gold solitaire. It’s nothing fancy, but I’ve been craving simple styles lately and the whole thing only cost like $250, including the shipping.

The ring should be here later today, so I’ll post pictures during nap time if it makes it here before then!

I cannot wait to see it! I really wish I had gotten the 8x10 stone from them when I was deciding. I got the octagonal stone and it is lovely, but I want something bigger to do a simple solitaire with. But lately they have giant emeralds in the 13-16mm range instead of the "in between but still big" ones. I keep waiting for new stock in hopes that an 8x10 will appear again.

rosethorn

Shiny_Rock
It’s here! I have to say, as everyone always does, the pictures don’t really reflect what I see. This thing is almost neon and it definitely looks fake. I think I like it anyway. :think: The band is really smooth and comfortable, at least!

Edit: I think maybe some of the prongs are wonky? Hard to tell!

E9EE4DF4-3A0D-4ACD-9054-8180527D1E2E.jpeg 25BB341C-5FAE-44EC-8B5E-7CA79B82F701.jpeg 7C0194A6-5810-4A86-921C-E5BCA844EF5E.jpeg 722B036F-C010-47F3-A38E-0C48E6DDF9AE.jpeg FBECD31E-C45F-4AE8-9784-F086A460111F.jpeg 348834C0-DBDC-4950-BB96-D471B26C7A87.jpeg

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
I’ve got the emerald ring coming, another emerald with Daniel M for a bracelet, a new semi-mount in the mail for original e-ring stone… and I keep almost pulling the trigger on a 5-stone asscher band and/or a honking emerald cut moissy.

None of its expensive on its own, I swear!! :lol-2:

Thread jacking here but what are you getting for your tattoo, if you don’t mind my asking?

LOL! I am excited to see all of your emeralds!

I'm getting a fairly large piece of peonies and other flowers to cover up some ugly cherry blossoms I got when I was 21.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@rosethorn

I recently saw a really clean natural emerald irl and it looked closer to the labs. I think it’s so rare to have a perfect emerald that the labs can look unreal to our eyes.[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
I enquired with jellylab once and they were responsive at first. I didn't go ahead with them in the end but they haven't responded to any of my enquiries since. Such a shame. Just because I didn't buy the first thing doesn't mean I won't buy something else. I guess they are super popular now and don't need to risk their time on me.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I enquired with jellylab once and they were responsive at first. I didn't go ahead with them in the end but they haven't responded to any of my enquiries since. Such a shame. Just because I didn't buy the first thing doesn't mean I won't buy something else. I guess they are super popular now and don't need to risk their time on me.

Oh no! I’m so sorry! FWIW often when I wrote them I would hear nothing for days and so I would have to write them back to remind them that I was interested in something. If you’re interested in emeralds I got those little cushions you see earlier in the thread from Gemstech - they are US based and I was really happy with their emeralds.

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
Oh no! I’m so sorry! FWIW often when I wrote them I would hear nothing for days and so I would have to write them back to remind them that I was interested in something. If you’re interested in emeralds I got those little cushions you see earlier in the thread from Gemstech - they are US based and I was really happy with their emeralds.

I might have to keep pestering them until they recognise I'm serious :P2
They have some blue lab sapphires that are very tempting too!

Both your Gemstech and jellylab stones looked great! Did you think one was cut better than the other? And how did you think each vendors' shots compared to what you see with your eyes?

I am actually after the more neon bright emeralds so they look promising. But I recognise that emeralds are *impossible* to photograph and mine at least tend to photograph lighter than IRL

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I might have to keep pestering them until they recognise I'm serious :P2
They have some blue lab sapphires that are very tempting too!

Both your Gemstech and jellylab stones looked great! Did you think one was cut better than the other? And how did you think each vendors' shots compared to what you see with your eyes?

I am actually after the more neon bright emeralds so they look promising. But I recognise that emeralds are *impossible* to photograph and mine at least tend to photograph lighter than IRL

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Honestly I didn’t see much difference between the two. I don’t think you could not go wrong with either, though Jelly had more stock and different shapes.

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
9397133D-43BE-4749-B935-96C775A3A34B.jpeg DACC9E67-90A7-4D45-A375-8976459D1725.jpeg

Adding some comparison shots between my real studs (not that they were super expensive) and some 7mm stones from Gemfacet. They look much closer in pictures and in sunlight. The biggest issue is the transparency. One of my stones has lovely stripe of an inclusion, and if it had more I think it would be much closer. They’re also a smidge bluer.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
9397133D-43BE-4749-B935-96C775A3A34B.jpeg DACC9E67-90A7-4D45-A375-8976459D1725.jpeg

Adding some comparison shots between my real studs (not that they were super expensive) and some 7mm stones from Gemfacet. They look much closer in pictures and in sunlight. The biggest issue is the transparency. One of my stones has lovely stripe of an inclusion, and if it had more I think it would be much closer. They’re also a smidge bluer.

So Gemfacet is another company that sells labs? And yes it’s crazy how the photographs make them much closer to the naturals than irl!

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
So Gemfacet is another company that sells labs? And yes it’s crazy how the photographs make them much closer to the naturals than irl!

*Gemstech ;-)

and yes! I agree. The camera can be super misleading.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
*Gemstech ;-)

and yes! I agree. The camera can be super misleading.

They are great to work with though and nice that it is us shipping because I ended up returning one no problem. I wish they had more shapes.

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
I just realized I didn't put my earrings in this thread, but in the Daniel M thread. Here they are here.

emerald.jpg

OMG. I am in love with them!!!!

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock

Omg those are neon!!! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:
I waaaant. But I need to show some self control and my husband says I have too many emeralds now :( lol

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
Bumping this thread up! I’m going in for a lab sapphire three stone ring. I wanted a lighter blue. I’ll report back on stone and setting quality. I’ve been considering a Stag and Finch lab sapphire but will see if this scratches the itch while I save for a natural stone (plus it’s about 1/8 the price!).

52AD689F-42E7-4E20-B598-540BA1E1D01A.jpeg

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Bumping this thread up! I’m going in for a lab sapphire three stone ring. I wanted a lighter blue. I’ll report back on stone and setting quality. I’ve been considering a Stag and Finch lab sapphire but will see if this scratches the itch while I save for a natural stone (plus it’s about 1/8 the price!).

52AD689F-42E7-4E20-B598-540BA1E1D01A.jpeg

This is a gorgeous color! I adore it!

Kalynna

Rough_Rock
I'm a bit late to this party, but I have one to share! This was one of the rings they were advertising on IG. It was about $600 with express FedEx shipping, and the had it sized and on my hand within a week.

I guess emeralds really are difficult to photograph, because this is a perfect, glowy and velvety dark green in person. It's pretty hefty too, though it is 10k gold. The moissanite accents look very nice and don't throw a lot of rainbow fire (which I love, but I prefer the subtlety in this piece). My husband usually isn't a fan of my lab stones, but even he said it looks nice!

PXL_20220825_045455662.jpg PXL_20220825_044413117.PORTRAIT.jpg PXL_20220825_045518794.jpg PXL_20220825_045511026.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results