shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone bought from jelly labgem?

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Their lab emeralds look amazing!

Just wondering if anyone has purchased from them and what you thought.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know anyone who has purchased from them yet, but I did my first one this weekend!

They posted these beautiful 13x9mm vivid blue crushed ice pear cut moissanite stones, and I've always wanted something blue and sparkly! The color is as grown (according to them), so no issues with fading.

You have to DM them for cost, they won't list prices or respond what they are in the comments, and I was shocked at how low cost (in my opinion) it was.

The stone was $275, plus paypall fees to the tune of $15 and $30 for shipping.

Not exactly sure how long it will take to arrive, and of course I'm leaving for a 10 day vacation in a week and a half so I probably won't get to see it until after I get back, but I'm excited and will post my own photos/thoughts.

If this purchase lives up to expectation, I'll probably be heading back for an emerald.

Photo stolen from their IG: bluepearmoissanite.png

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is a beautiful blue!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
So pretty I’m really glad that you bumped this thread because I still have not bought an emerald from them please let me know how your purchase experience is! I really like the way their emeralds look because they are Colombian color and have inclusions and aren’t “perfect“ which is exactly what I am looking for!

eta- I did dm for price and it’s $45/ct for emerald so not expensive compared to many other lab prices I’ve seen.

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
Ohh... I'm digging the completed emerald earrings they posted. The settings are just okay but LOOK at those huge juicy emeralds!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 7.27.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 7.27.50 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 186

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
When they sent me the tracking information they also sent me a photo of the stone they selected from the two , I hope this is indeed true to color!
pearbluemoissy (2).jpg

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I DM'd them too and the pricing for PayPal fees and shipping was the same as mentioned above (15 for fees, 30 for shipping) so at least we know there is consistency. It'm tormenting myself with the thought of one of their emerald pears.

rosethorn

Shiny_Rock
Well this was a temptation I didn’t need... but I’ve DM’d them to ask about one of their lab emeralds. :eek2:

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
I don't know anyone who has purchased from them yet, but I did my first one this weekend!

They posted these beautiful 13x9mm vivid blue crushed ice pear cut moissanite stones, and I've always wanted something blue and sparkly! The color is as grown (according to them), so no issues with fading.

You have to DM them for cost, they won't list prices or respond what they are in the comments, and I was shocked at how low cost (in my opinion) it was.

The stone was $275, plus paypall fees to the tune of $15 and $30 for shipping.

Not exactly sure how long it will take to arrive, and of course I'm leaving for a 10 day vacation in a week and a half so I probably won't get to see it until after I get back, but I'm excited and will post my own photos/thoughts.

If this purchase lives up to expectation, I'll probably be heading back for an emerald.

Photo stolen from their IG: bluepearmoissanite.png

OMG. I never considered lab grown until now....... The blue is sooo nice.

rosethorn

Shiny_Rock
I pulled the trigger on this 7.5mm asscher. Price and fees were consistent with what was provided to others - $45/ct, $30 shipping, 5% paypal fee. All told, it cost around $115, which I’m okay with as an experiment.

B97741BA-81DF-4DF7-9B73-0AB89DC85F11.jpeg

Will update again when I have it in hand!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Yours looks lighter than mine! Really interested to see how they turn out in-hand. Post pics when you get it!

I will. I’ve been looking hard for a lab emerald that looks natural to me...

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Hi - I bought one a whole back and had them set it. Nothing but good things to say. It’s so hard to capture the colour though. 2CACC271-26AA-41A1-8EA9-10A47FD0206D.png 9AEEDBC8-D15E-4FFE-91D2-B9DBC6A4B222.jpeg

:shock:I'm terrified of breaking a real emerald so never bought one...but this, this I can get into! I WANT one. Was the setting solid?
*edit omg they have an emerald band!!!!
This is dangerous :lol:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Hi - I bought one a whole back and had them set it. Nothing but good things to say. It’s so hard to capture the colour though. 2CACC271-26AA-41A1-8EA9-10A47FD0206D.png 9AEEDBC8-D15E-4FFE-91D2-B9DBC6A4B222.jpeg

Omg where were you when I made this post months ago lol?! Hahaha! I saw this ring on IG. this is the exact setting I’m looking for for the loose one that I purchased and I was tempted to have them set it but decided against it just in case I wasn’t crazy about the stone. Glad to know you had a good experience!!!

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
:shock:I'm terrified of breaking a real emerald so never bought one...but this, this I can get into! I WANT one. Was the setting solid?
*edit omg they have an emerald band!!!!
This is dangerous :lol:

I took a bit of a chance on the setting. I would say for the price it is pretty darn solid. It’s quite delicate (but to be fair that is how I ordered it). They are super open to doing whatever you like and speedy on the CADS.

rosethorn

Shiny_Rock
Got mine! I looooooove it. I can’t speak to whether it looks real or not as I don’t think I’ve ever seen a real one, but I’m obsessed with it and trying to convince myself not to order about twelve more.

A426EA88-D5C0-4012-97D2-D7948B60C1FA.jpeg 5564324D-1932-452F-BA7A-113923EB9ABA.jpeg A55676B6-B848-44A3-820F-C6B575EFC187.jpeg 3BE6E327-7AEF-4657-91BD-2F934E787579.jpeg

It does have tilt windows as you can see, but the cutting seems good. No window head on, beautiful color. I’m smitten.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Got mine! I looooooove it. I can’t speak to whether it looks real or not as I don’t think I’ve ever seen a real one, but I’m obsessed with it and trying to convince myself not to order about twelve more.

A426EA88-D5C0-4012-97D2-D7948B60C1FA.jpeg 5564324D-1932-452F-BA7A-113923EB9ABA.jpeg A55676B6-B848-44A3-820F-C6B575EFC187.jpeg 3BE6E327-7AEF-4657-91BD-2F934E787579.jpeg

It does have tilt windows as you can see, but the cutting seems good. No window head on, beautiful color. I’m smitten.

Oh my, that is a beautiful colour, and quite a bit lighter than the original photo. I am sooo tempted by their pears.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@rosethorn it looks great and a LOT lighter than the pic; I actually prefer the lighter color though as it has more than Colombian look to me. I just got mine today too; will post pics momentarily.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
So here is mine which is also really pretty; the small one is jellylab and the bigger one is gemstech. I ordered the larger one and wasn't super happy with it because it did have an artificial look to me. So I tried jellylab. I do like it alot, but I just think it's hard to replicate that silky look that real emeralds have. I feel like the smaller ones are more convincing. For example, here is what I got from gemstech (for eventual earrings):

IMG_2339.jpg

I thought these looked really good, so I got a big stone from gemstech I think it's 11x12:

IMG_2334.jpg

But again it was almost too green and sparkly (btw the pics don't look at all like irl. Ugh I hate that emeralds are so hard to photograph.) So I tried jellylab, and I got a smaller one 10x7:

IMG_2337.jpg

When I measured it's a bit under 7mm across though. I'm kind of thinking it's too petite. I want a simple bezel solitaire which was my whole plan for an emerald. Now I am wondering if I should keep the gemstech one, which I had been planning on returning lol.

IMG_2338.jpg

Thoughts?

IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2336.jpg

My conclusion is that they lack a certain look that genuine emeralds have and it's hard to pinpoint it. And the pics don't capture the more grass green color and the sparkle. The pictures imo make them look like natural emeralds so the pics are more convincing than irl. But at the price point that jellylab has I would definitely consider buying from them again; and tempted to get a bigger stone and commission the whole ring since @RockFox had a good experience.

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
So here is mine which is also really pretty; the small one is jellylab and the bigger one is gemstech. I ordered the larger one and wasn't super happy with it because it did have an artificial look to me. So I tried jellylab. I do like it alot, but I just think it's hard to replicate that silky look that real emeralds have. I feel like the smaller ones are more convincing. For example, here is what I got from gemstech (for eventual earrings):

IMG_2339.jpg

I thought these looked really good, so I got a big stone from gemstech I think it's 11x12:

IMG_2334.jpg

But again it was almost too green and sparkly (btw the pics don't look at all like irl. Ugh I hate that emeralds are so hard to photograph.) So I tried jellylab, and I got a smaller one 10x7:

IMG_2337.jpg

When I measured it's a bit under 7mm across though. I'm kind of thinking it's too petite. I want a simple bezel solitaire which was my whole plan for an emerald. Now I am wondering if I should keep the gemstech one, which I had been planning on returning lol.

IMG_2338.jpg

Thoughts?

IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2336.jpg

My conclusion is that they lack a certain look that genuine emeralds have and it's hard to pinpoint it. And the pics don't capture the more grass green color and the sparkle. The pictures imo make them look like natural emeralds so the pics are more convincing than irl. But at the price point that jellylab has I would definitely consider buying from them again; and tempted to get a bigger stone and commission the whole ring since @RockFox had a good experience.

I would speak to Jellylab. When I got mine I explained to them that I wanted a more “muzo” colour one and one with more silky inclusions. Mine is an 8x8mm for reference and I have big fingers on my right hand - 8.5-9. They are so hard to photograph, I agree. I am attaching mine before it was set. They do change colour a bit after setting and the bezel does make them a bit darker. Honestly, for the price point I’d give it a shot. 115F7D39-0922-4219-8C4A-F0D8A2C499A7.jpeg

rosethorn

Shiny_Rock

IMG_2339.jpg

IMG_2334.jpg

IMG_2337.jpg

IMG_2338.jpg

Thoughts?

IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2336.jpg

I know what you mean about that perfect grass green. It’s unbelievable!

What about getting an inexpensive silver bezel from someone like Daniel M for the jelly lab one? I guess it depends on how much money you’re willing to put in to an experiment!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
A couple videos!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results