shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone been able to reach David Klass Jewelry?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been trying for over a week now and cannot get on. Is anyone else having these issues? I know they're historically difficult to reach, but this has been more difficult than normal.

Anyone been able to get through with no trouble? If so, I'll just assume it's bad luck on my part and keep trying.

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
Are you specifically asking about reaching them via the phone? The fact that you use the phrase "get through" leads me to believe that you are trying to call them. If yes, are you saying the phone doesn't even pick up but rather just keeps ringing or you've been able to leave a message but just haven't heard back. If the latter, have you tried messaging them on Instagram?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only email with them (no phone calls) but I received a reply email from them on Thursday. I’d try reaching out again, maybe via Instagram or email.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've called a bunch, left messages, called the store, emailed, and texted. Cannot get a response to save my soul.

Phone works way better for me, as it allows me to talk things through in real time. I can clear up a dozen questions in a few minutes, whereas, with email, we go back and forth and back and forth.

I'm trying to get a few projects started before the Christmas avalanche, but no success.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've called a bunch, left messages, called the store, emailed, and texted. Cannot get a response to save my soul.

Phone works way better for me, as it allows me to talk things through in real time. I can clear up a dozen questions in a few minutes, whereas, with email, we go back and forth and back and forth.

I'm trying to get a few projects started before the Christmas avalanche, but no success.

@mrs-b I just email him.…I would try IG messenger…

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

could they be on vacation? Given your relationship with them, I doubt they would ignore you. Maybe they are away and someone else is minding things for them?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They posted on Instagram about 6 hours ago. I agree with Joanne. Message them on IG.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
I msg them on Instagram last Monday and got a reply on Wednesday. I replied that same day and haven't heard back from them since. I'm sure they're swamped. But a quick reply to say they got it and will get back to me when they can would give me hope. I don't even know the etiquette here, would numerous emails be "nagging". I'm kinda bum and was going to ask here who else in nyc I can get to set a stone.

dmack

Shiny_Rock
Ok, if YOU can’t get through then I feel better. Just kidding, sort of. I have two things coming to me this week and the past week’s communication has felt slow. He has messaged me about the finished products but they haven’t shipped yet as far as I know. I’m rolling with it as neither are projects with a capital P - sincerely zero upset over here right now - but I hear the frustration. I hope everything is ok.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I messaged on IG yesterday and haven't heard back yet-good luck, I am sure they are super busy as usual and then some with the Holiday's right around the corner.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, this is good to know! I emailed them for a quote last Friday morning and I just assumed they weren't interested in my project. I hope one of them isn't sick or something. If not, they just must be swamped with the holidays coming up.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, this is good to know! I emailed them for a quote last Friday morning and I just assumed they weren't interested in my project. I hope one of them isn't sick or something. If not, they just must be swamped with the holidays coming up.

I doubt anyone is swamped at the LA jewelry district. I was just there a couple of weeks ago and the place was dead.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sometimes the person who handles IG messenger has no idea what to reply! They are just in charge of advertising!

Really? I thought you could just message him on IG…I message friends on there…I’m old so may not get it..hahahaha

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b I noticed a dead spot about two - three weeks ago where a CAD tweak took longer to get back, maybe 10 days. That said I do all my communication with DK digitally. That back log cleared, and e-mails went back to be replied to within 2 days.

I sent my donor rings and stone to DK last week and had an email from Amy confirming the box arrived. Next day DK emailed me the confirmed stone weights and the scrap metal value. So feel as if for email communication they are back on track.

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I haven't had a problem. Been in steady back and forth for the past 2 weeks via email. Timezone differences means it takes 2 days for each message but it has been consistent.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Also please remember that Diwali was last week and it lasts 5 days. A lot of vendors were a. closed or b. missing staff. that may have been the case I am not sure.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I messaged on IG yesterday and haven't heard back yet-good luck, I am sure they are super busy as usual and then some with the Holiday's right around the corner.

off topic but is there a thread on your avatar ring? so pretty!!!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just s/w Amy on phone yesterday early afternoon early afternoon eastern time zone. Working on a couple projects and been getting email responses every 1-3 days or so

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I doubt anyone is swamped at the LA jewelry district. I was just there a couple of weeks ago and the place was dead.

DK stays crazy busy with custom projects via phone/email. They may have more customers who work with them virtually than who come in the store! They have IG customers, PS customers, Etsy customers aside from any locals!

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock

I havent heard back from him in a week. I sent 3 emails and called 3 times. Sigh

Gone_

Shiny_Rock
I don't know how they do it just the two of them...
If I were them I'd put something on IG saying no new orders until after xmas so that they don't lose their customers
they must be really swamped

I was going to reach out but will wait till after the holidays to be on the safe side

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know how they do it just the two of them...
If I were them I'd put something on IG saying no new orders until after xmas so that they don't lose their customers
they must be really swamped

I was going to reach out but will wait till after the holidays to be on the safe side

Agreed. They need an automated email response that says what their status is, also.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DKJ does have someone acting as their social media director on Instagram. I'm assuming that any IG messages are going to him and not straight to DK / Amy.

I'm guessing that they are crazy busy with Christmas orders and it's slowing down their response time. When I start a new project it can sometimes take a couple weeks for them to email a quote...and that's outside of the Holidays.

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
They made a ring for me a few weeks ago and were definitely slower responding than usual, but they did respond eventually and I have my new ring, again, just a little slower than usual. Email only, I have never called.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update: David has been quite unwell (no - not Covid) - and has been out for over a week now. They've also had animal / vet issues.

For anyone interested, they do have someone else who works in the store, but no full time media person that I know of.

To be honest, I'm friends with Amy's parents (who are, literally, the nicest people you could ever meet), so if I *really* can't get in touch with her - I call her mom! :mrgreen:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results