shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone assumed that something on you is fake?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I've always believe Kim Kardshian's butt is natural while the rest of the world is saying she has butt implants....what woman would want to go up in dress size to accomodate that big round booty? Do you have something that people think is fake?

I'll start:
-I have had someone say, "Wow, that's a good looking CZ on your finger". He assumed it was fake because it's the biggest he's seen without obvious color (he really should visit PS).
-I have natural bronze highlights in my hair, and people always assume that I color my hair. I have an annoying aquaintence that asks about my hair EVERY time I see her!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hair color. I'm a natural blonde with black eyebrows, which, well, occasionally raises some. At least it's darker than it was when I was a kid - on the playground, they used to call me a mutant!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Not anymore recently, I've gained over 20 pounds in the last few years, but I used to get the fake boobs ALOT.

I think it was because I am short and was very slim with 36D boobs...my sister who is 17 and shorter, but skinnier with 36DD gets it ALL the time.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
My chest, but thats ONLY bc I am breastfeeding. I dread when I stop!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
If they do, they've got the good sense to keep it to themselves!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Only my jewellery. I fly under the radar otherwise ;))

cheers--Sharon

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe|1305314945|2920994 said:
Hair color. I'm a natural blonde with black eyebrows, which, well, occasionally raises some. At least it's darker than it was when I was a kid - on the playground, they used to call me a mutant!

My field hockey coach in high school had naturally blonde hair and dark eyebrows, too! I always liked that look. When I had super bleached blonde hair a lot of people thought it was natural, even though I would intentionally let the roots get longer and I have black eyebrows, too. I think maybe it's because I'm relatively pale?

I'm pretty au naturel so I doubt anyone thinks anything on me is fake, body-wise. If anyone thinks my diamonds are fake they've kept it to themselves!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
My nails and hair back in the day. Tattoos a few times..really incredibly painful to get a tattoo and then the next day someone run over and try to peel it off. Was accused of having colored contacts a few times.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
When I worked in the eye care industry, I always had people ask me what colored contacts I wore. I have a very unusual green color. When I was just out of high school, people would always ask if I had breast implants. Obviously these weren't people who grew up with me and saw them sprout first-hand, lol. Nobody makes that mistake now that they are not so perky.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to have really thick long straight hair down to my knees until I whacked it all off at 21. People thought I had hair extension :confused:

My mom has prominent eye features with eyelids (asians will know what I'm talking about) but she would get asked all the time where she had her eyelids done? :-o

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
D&T|1305319242|2921065 said:
I used to have really thick long straight hair down to my knees until I whacked it all off at 21. People thought I had hair extension :confused:

My mom has prominent eye features with eyelids (asians will know what I'm talking about) but she would get asked all the time where she had her eyelids done? :-o

Actually I did have one person ask me where I had my nose done. I'm Asian with mixed heritage, and I guess I have a more caucasian nose if that makes any sense?

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes I get questions about my nails (always long, polished and nicely shaped) and e-ring.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
People think my nails are fake. One guy even started pulling on one :rolleyes: :nono: :angryfire: obviously it stayed connected to my finger.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
A lot of people ask if my nails are real or fake (they are real)

Also I am a natural blonde and I have been asked if it is dyed.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
A couple of my friends (both Asian, one guy one girl) have beautifully curly hair which I thought was the result of a perm since most Asians have straight hair. But, nope, all natural to my surprise!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
My eyes are very blue. Even if I get a compliment from someone, they will then tell me I must have contacts. I do. Colorless contacts.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
princesss|1305315795|2921011 said:
If they do, they've got the good sense to keep it to themselves!

Same. I cannot recall anyone asking me if something on me is fake! lol It's probably happened at some point...but, nothing pops to mind right now.

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
I am a mix, half Swedish and half Uruguayan, so lets just say that some people react to the contradictiones :lol:

So many times people ask about my hair color, heck even my cousin thought that I color it. I have deep brown hair, think dark chocolate and really pale skin. Also since I have hair down to my waist and it is pretty thick I have gotten the whole is it extensions question. Oh and can anyone tell me why people seem to think that my hair is public property, you do not need to touch it people.

I have been getting the questions regarding if the breasts are real since I was 12. Like really, I had plastic surgery as a tween :rolleyes: Actually got a funny one from a friends girlfriend. I was waiting to go to the bathroom and she comes out and stares at my chest for 30 seconds. After that she says "Nice honkers" (translation) and a bit later " Are they real?" when I say yes her response was "Congratulations". :lol:

While living abroad some people would question my eye color. I have blue grey eyes but depending on what I am wearing they can go all blue or completely grey. It is the grey that some people react to, they just can't believe it is real.

When I would actually take care of my nails everyone would think they were fake. I too have had the whole try to pull of the fake nail test, don't people get that that hurts?

I can say that I am really thankful that I grew into myself. I was one weird duckling as a kid, mixed heritage lead to some odd combos. I looked like a barrel with extremely long toothpick legs. Still have the long legs but at least I don't look like a barrel no more.

Oh yes and people always assume that my e ring is fake. I live in Sweden and have never seen anyone wear something like mine. Just yesterday I was showing my e-ring to a friend who asks if it is white gold or silver. Or I get asked what type of stone it is.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
jaysonsmom|1305320922|2921085 said:
D&T|1305319242|2921065 said:

Actually I did have one person ask me where I had my nose done. I'm Asian with mixed heritage, and I guess I have a more caucasian nose if that makes any sense?

I've gotten both the eyes and the nose question. I got my nose and cheeks from grandpa who's part Manchurian, so the nose is long and straight, and my cheekbones are high, and round eyes w/ double eyelids. My eyes are bigger than my bf who's english, french canadian, welsh, and czech!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
People always ask if I'm wearing fake eyelashes. Nope! They're real!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
People frequently think my hair is colored, though it isn't and never has been. It's auburn with natural blond highlights in it. I'm dreading the day when it starts to turn on me and I have to either decide to live with it or try to find a reasonable match to my hair color. :roll:

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Nope, and the things that aren't natural, people are always shocked, lol.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
my eyes.... I have been asked if I wear colored contacts more than once :bigsmile:

stci

Ideal_Rock
What a bright idea subject! BRAVO!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me - nails, eyelashes and boobs!

Note: none of the above are fake :bigsmile:

Tacori... GAH! :errrr: Did you punch his lights out?! ;))

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Yep.
All the time.
I'm mixed race black with eyes that are hazel sometimes and sometimes bright green. EVERYONE assumes these are colored contacts. Like the poster above, I do wear contact but they are colorless.
I've always had very, very thick hair. When I was younger this was not an issue, but now people tend to assume I'm putting fake hair in there somehow. (This one makes me laugh. I'm not ungrateful to have thick hair, but it's not that convenient. I wouldnt' do this on purpose. I actually stopped going to hairdressers for quite a while because they were making me so crazy, complaining about doing my hair, and I got really tired of the scenario where I would get quoted one price on the phone, come in, have them start doing my hair and then stop in the middle and say that that they had to charge me more--sometimes a lot more--because I have enough hair for two people).
I used to straighten, flat iron my hair and nobody made any comments, but a few years ago I started wearing it in the natural curls (tie this in with the hairdresser thing above), just the way it comes out of the shower--and NOW people ask me all the time how I get my hair to 'do that' and 'is it a lot of trouble, it looks like it takes forever.'
My curls kind of hide my grey, which I do have, but recently people have started to ask me what I'm doing to color my grey because my 'hair dye' looks so natural. Which is because it IS natural, I'm not coloring. I'm pretty sure I'm going to rather be grey than go to all that trouble.
I just have come to the conclusion that I look entirely fake, pretty much from head to toe but decided not to worry about this. Hubby thinks its hilarious--he knows how lazy I am about doing 'improvement' things, even when I probably should. I am a person who won't even pluck my eyebrows (which is fine now, thick eyebrows are in style, but back in the day when they weren't, you should have heard the things people would say to me about them); cuts my fingernails down to quick because I am too lazy to manicure; and does not wear any makeup (allergic). What you see is kind of what you get--whenever I go on overnight things with other women and have a roomate, infalliby they always make some remark in the morning about it being astonishing that I look just the same when I wake up in the morning as I do the rest of day. I'm sure I could be improved, but I am just so LAZY.
It's really sad though, hubby makes jokes (they'd better be jokes) about how I could USE some of those Kim Kardashian butt implants. My whole family is really flat in the rear--to the point where, in my case, if I don't wear a belt and buckle it tight, my pants will slide down. This has HAPPENED to me and its pretty horrible. Maybe I should make an exception about being low maintenance for this--but surgery does seem rather drastic. I have heard that they sell butt falsies, Fredericks of Hollywoods or places like that, maybe I should look into it.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
black jade- if you get those, they're gonna call you gummi bear butt!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
HollyS|1305329744|2921200 said:
My eyes are very blue. Even if I get a compliment from someone, they will then tell me I must have contacts. I do. Colorless contacts.

i get this too! normally i wear glasses so people dont notice my eyes at all, when im wearing contacts they all seem shocked :bigsmile:

im kinda hoping that people in my town will assume my ering is fake - i think that would have less of a negative connotation where i live than people thinking its real and just abnormally (for the area) large :rolleyes:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope - other than the ring. I've stopped dying my hair so now I'm all real - and I look it to everyone, apparently! I gotta say I wouldn't mind if I had mascara ad lashes or an hourglass figure too good to be true :cheeky:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a very beautiful nose (pic from the long hair thread), Jaysonsmom. I think we also have some Caucasian blood in us, so one of my sisters has a higher nose, and all her life, people always assume she's had a nose job. Another sis has very light brown hair, so she gets asked all the time if she's had it dyed (now it is, since she's getting lots of grey hair).

I've been asked all the time if I have false teeth/ if they're capped and my reply is: "don't you think I'd have them much whiter if they were not my real teeth?! :cheeky: ". Also, I used to have beautiful strong very long nails and they were shaped square-ish and for some reason, they were a little translucent too, so people thought I had acrylic nails - even my BFF. Sadly, they are now weak and break off all the time! :(sad

Oh yeah, and a friend asked me if my BGD 4.6ctw studs were real? I said "no, they're CZ, to match the rest of my bling!" and then I winked! :cheeky: :)) She didn't know what to make of it,lol!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results