shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone assumed that something on you is fake?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jaysonsmom|1305314660|2920990 said:
I've always believe Kim Kardshian's butt is natural while the rest of the world is saying she has butt implants....what woman would want to go up in dress size to accomodate that big round booty?

I agree. Why would anyone want to do that?!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Black Jade|1305346106|2921466 said:
Yep.
All the time.
I'm mixed race black with eyes that are hazel sometimes and sometimes bright green. EVERYONE assumes these are colored contacts. Like the poster above, I do wear contact but they are colorless.

At the risk of sounding a little creepy, I bet you look gorgous, Black Jade. I'm a sucker for hazel/ green eyes, esp on non-Causasian skin. I tell my friends that in my next life, I'll still come back as me but with green eyes instead, ha ha! :twirl:

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
People used to always ask if my red hair was fake. I started getting low lights and no one asks anymore and they are surprised if I say I add color!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dandi, I was so shocked! I mean who does that?

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I have strawberry blond hair, like a light red, it's a very unique shade and lots of people assume it's colored. Nope. I'd have a hard time matching my eyebrows if it was! :roll: Not to mention the pale skin! I am 43 now and while I don't have gray hair, some of my strands are actually 'clear' - as in no color, so I do use a shot of henna occasionally to add some vibrancy, but it is my 'natural' color.

Also, being a red head, I can tell other natural red heads from the bottle color red heads. It's all in the skin tone. =) You hardly EVER see a 'tan' natural red head. :rolleyes:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Only the diamonds. I've also had people take photos of it on public transport (this unnerves me)

I'm shocked at how many girls get asked if their boobs are real. I'm a 32E and small waisted and no one has ever had the audacity to question the authenticity of my breasts!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Hair, usually- I had one elderly woman ask me if it was a wig the other day. (Which is a bit odd.) Since I have dark brown eyes I don't think anyone would think they're contacts! And if anyone has questioned the boobs, they've kept that to themselves luckily. :rolleyes:

On the intrusive questions front, the one I usually get is the so-awesome "What *are* you?" which is like my least favorite way ever to ask what someone's ethnic heritage is. (And, even more annoyingly when I answer that I'm just plain ol' Heinz 57 European heritage, nothing "interesting", I've had people then keep asking repeatedly and/or accuse me of lying which is just... weird.) That question always makes me want to answer with something horrifically sarcastic.

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
rosetta|1305411685|2921957 said:
Only the diamonds. I've also had people take photos of it on public transport (this unnerves me)

I'm shocked at how many girls get asked if their boobs are real. I'm a 32E and small waisted and no one has ever had the audacity to question the authenticity of my breasts!

Then you are lucky :wink2: . Kidding aside I believe you live in England and from what I have noticed it seems a lot more normal to have a larger chest there than in some other countries. Also I think it has to do a bit with shape, everyone thinks that a friend who is a 30H has smaller ones than me. Probably because mine stick out more and are very close together so some people think that they can not be real because of that. Of course it also really depends on your clothes, a simple tank top usually attracts more attention than a shirt, at least in my experience.

Sorry for the chesty posts :lol: They have been on my mind lately since we are finally able to ditch the jackets and big jerseys and I never seem to get used to the looks. But happy news, I have found that shirts and more business like clothing seems to draw less attention to them.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Once I hopped on a subway and felt the stares of a young woman with her husband across the aisle. She kept nudging him and staring at my ring in a "I want one like that" way and he would then get huffy and they'd whisper back and forth. When I was getting off, I heard the woman insist (in French), "But her bag is real! It's expensive! So it can't be fake!" I guess she was goading him about the ring and he was testy because she might want a larger one, too. I gander that he was insisting it was fake to placate her. Well, I thought in a flash of replying in French, "It's real, baby!" :naughty: But the moment passed so quickly! I hope wherever she is, she gets that upgrade!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bliss|1305422897|2922035 said:
Once I hopped on a subway and felt the stares of a young woman with her husband across the aisle. She kept nudging him and staring at my ring in a "I want one like that" way and he would then get huffy and they'd whisper back and forth. When I was getting off, I heard the woman insist (in French), "But her bag is real! It's expensive! So it can't be fake!" I guess she was goading him about the ring and he was testy because she might want a larger one, too. I gander that he was insisting it was fake to placate her. Well, I thought in a flash of replying in French, "It's real, baby!" :naughty: But the moment passed so quickly! I hope wherever she is, she gets that upgrade!

Bliss that's such a cute story ::) And I admit, if I saw your ring on the subway I'd be nudging DH to stare at it too!! Though I might not have the presence of mind to try to be discreet :sun:

My parents and I often have those sorts of sideways convos in Tamil - it's great because it's such a rare language around here, except at family gatherings when we forget that *everyone* understands :cheeky:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

until now!...are they real?...CHEST SHOT please !!... :naughty:

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
My haircolor. I had a woman on my street just go nuts last week when we ran into each other at the store. Four of us were talking and she suddenly blurted out, "I've been meaning to talk to you about your hair..." and she reached over and started touching it in the front looking closely at my roots, "Oh my goodness, you don't have any roots - this really IS your hair color? But this just doesn't happen - nobody has hair that blonde naturally..." haha She went on and on after that. I've had MANY people think my hair is dyed but no one who gushed quite that much, examining my roots haha

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Circe|1305314945|2920994 said:
Hair color. I'm a natural blonde with black eyebrows, which, well, occasionally raises some. At least it's darker than it was when I was a kid - on the playground, they used to call me a mutant!

I wish my eyebrows were darker - they're as light as the hair on my head. I've started using a pencil to make them darker and it is a big improvement - I had no idea!

I guess there is a middle ground we'd both love lol

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1305437067|2922170 said:

Give me more jewellery and we'll talk baby..... :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Yes I do live in England and dress modestly, so hopefully I'm safe!

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe boob authenticity is more frequently questioned in the parts of the U.S./social circles where breast implants are very common. I'm guessing breast implants are less stigmatized/rude to ask about in say, L.A., compared to, say, Berlin.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
If someone thought my boobs or ring were fake I'd take it as compliment! I guess most of these are compliments actually - meaning just too good to be true :).

I once had a guy ask me if my lips were real! I was wearing a strong lipstick color so maybe they looked extra plump?

beesha77

Shiny_Rock
My boobs...back in the day. Because i'm really tall and thin and most girls that size just don't have boobs that big. These 2 catty girls made a comment when i walked by and said, "At least OURS are real!" they didn't realize that my husband was right behind who commented back, "Oh they're real! And they're awesome!" Now after 3 kids i wish people still asked me that! :lol:

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, I don't think anyone has ever asked me if anything on me was real. My ring, while small by PS standards (1.5ct), is huge where I live. Even so, I get tons of gawkers, but none who think my ring is fake.

Now, I *wish* I had the fake boobs problem every else on this thread seems to be having. Ha!

ETA: Actually, I lie. I just reazlied that when I was in university, I went through a phase of growing my nails long and and kept them pretty looking with nail paint and such. I was asked almost on a daily basis if I had fake nails on. I have very strong, pretty nails. I don't even need to shape them too much. So I can see why people would assume they were fake. Anyways, I keep them short and sans polish these days - who has the time?!!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eye color, eyelashes and jewelry. The eyelashes are the most annoying because people have actually tried to touch my eyelashes! They don't pull off people!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm a little startled at how many people have had strangers try to pull stuff off them - hair, nails, and now eyelashes. Good lord! I'm betting if we were to ask this same question in a dude-oriented forum, it would be a lot less common for respondees to have been touched without their permission. Part and parcel of the whole "women are public property" phenomenon - and damn creepy!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Ara Ann|1305380854|2921654 said:
Also, being a red head, I can tell other natural red heads from the bottle color red heads. It's all in the skin tone. =) You hardly EVER see a 'tan' natural red head. :rolleyes:

This is unfortunately true. Tan redheads just tend to look like they've gone too long without a shower. I have red hair and people always ask me if it's natural and then if it's naturally curly. The latter is usually when I have it forcibly restrained in a pony tail. I mean who would want their hair to be so nuts? :rolleyes:

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
People assume my chest is fake all the time. My body frame/weight generally doesnt come with larger breasts, so people assume I had them done. But they're all me! I say with no ego, I have a really nice set. :cheeky:

"They're real, and they're spectacular!" (That's for any Seinfeld fans out there)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I was in a college a few people asked me if I had a nose job after learning that I was Jewish. (I was the first Jewish person some of them had ever met.)

A former colleague asked me who does my collagen lip injections. :-o

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I used to wear mascara I was asked quite often if my eyelashes were real. They're tipped with light brown so the length is not as noticeable without mascara.

And a few years back, someone I hadn't seen for a while asked if I had hair extensions. I was kind of flabbergasted because, well, why would I pay for fine, thin-ish hair? And the length was only a few inches longer than the last time that person saw me, hardly a transformation... I still wonder why the question even occurred to them. People are weird.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
People have asked me if I have a perm or curl my hair because its in natural ringlets. People always assume that I'm on a diet because I'm very tall and thin. Its pretty funny. Restaurants are constantly assuming that I want diet pop, wine instead of beer, or salad as my side.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Yssie, I'd be staring at your ring as well! Yours is blingier than mine is!!!!! I want! I want! Oh my goodness, that is my dream reset. I'm thinking for my 5 year anni? :love: :naughty: :love: :naughty: :love: I have it bookmarked and everything!!!!!!!!!! I'm surprised you don't get those comments because I get them pretty often. And too funny about speaking Tamil at family reunions! I can only imagine how funny it is to realize that you just said Aunt Bertha's wedgie was showing or something like that only to have her turn around and say, "I CAN SPEAK TAMIL, TOO!" Ha!!!!

Oh, and I get the boob thing all the time, too!!! :rolleyes:

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock

You just cant resist a chance to see boobies---lol :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lbbaber|1305501438|2922603 said:

You just cant resist a chance to see boobies---lol :lol:
all talks and no pics... :Up_to_something: ...ladies,SMTBoobs... :naughty: :appl:

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
I think most people I know IRL assume my studs are fake. They aren't very big- 1.5 tcw, and I wear them every day, but most friends wear fake ones (I haven't asked, just assume myself because of the backs on them) so I would assume they think mine are fake too. My close friends know my e-ring is real but people who don't know me well probably assume it's fake too. It's the largest of anyone in my immediate social circle for sure (most have < 1 ct. e-rings).

I do have a large chest too (especially now that I'm nursing again!) but unfortunately for me I have the rest of the body that goes with it, so it's not unbelievable. Plus they just aren't perky enough anymore for anyone to assume their anything less than what G-d gave me :).

I have a friend who has the most beautiful blond hair and I was so surprised when she told me it was natural. She is tan and has darker eyebrows and I assumed that she (like most every blond I know at my age- mid 30's-including me) highlighted her hair. Lucky girl!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results