shape
carat
color
clarity

Harry Winston Radiant Pave -- FINALLY

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asforhim

Rough_Rock
I have been on the search for over 2 years now for the perfect radiant cut diamond ring. 2-3 carats with great fire, brilliance and personality. Budget not a huge factor, although I want going to stay under 50K. All the diamonds I''ve seen (primarily in Chicago Jewelers row, some NYC and Tiffany...yes they have some radiants) just weren''t quite right, and I''ve seen hundreds. Too much fish eye, too much bow tie, not enough carat spread, not quite enough fire and personality.

I just found the most gorgeous radiant cut, 2.32 ct set in micropave from Harry Winston. I have never seen such a beautiful radiant, or any fancy cut for that matter... JUST UNBELIEVABLE! When I saw the GIA report, I WAS SHOCKED!!! I have been researching radiants for years, and every so called expert says never go under 58-60% depth. Look at the numbers below:

2.32 ct round cornered, rectangular modified brilliant
8.54 x 7.93 x 4.38 mm
Depth: 55.2%
Table: 61%
Girdle: medium to thick
Culet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Clarity: VS1
Color: E
Flourescence: None

I''ve never seen such a combo of depth and table % in a radiant.

This is truly the most glorious looking diamond ... What gives??? Is HW just that much more of a diamond magician than everyone else? or does HW not care much about the numbers? Do the numbers really mean anything in fancy cuts anyway?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yeah for you!!!!!!! Are you getting it? What you see is the only thing that matters inthe end!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a great example of why we tell people that fancy cut diamonds should absolutely not be bought by the numbers. Because sometimes angles that you wouldn't expect to be nice combine in the right stone to be fantastic. It's not that Harry Winston is a magician, just that everything for this stone fell into place and works perfectly in harmony.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Did you have the opportunity to take the ring over to a corner of the store without the overhead lighting? The pinlights many stores use over the cases can make an otherwise dull stone shimmer. I''m not saying that this stone won''t, but better to be safe and take it with a SA over to a corner where there is no direct lighting and see how it looks.

It sounds absolutely gorgeous, and if you get it I can''t wait to see pictures!
35.gif

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
absolutely--stones often HAVE to be cut in certain ways due to the structure of the crystal. sometimes turns out good, sometimes bad, sometimes okay-now HW is probably going to pick from the better stones we would assume............since i dont think they cut their own now

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I hope you get it! I cannot *wait* for the pictures of this one...
18.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am dying to see it!! Did you buy it?

Judah Gutwein

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Asforhim,

You cannot put up a posting like this without assuring everyone that pictures will follow!
1.gif
1.gif

Don''t tease us with specs.
Show us your beautiful ring!
1.gif

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, what''s the story here? Have you been ring shopping for two years and waiting to propose that long as well, or is this an upgrade?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I can''t wait to see this!!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I really think that as others have said, fancies are just a question of what your eyes tell you at least as much as the numbers, and it sounds like you found one you are in love with - I saw go for it!

asforhim

Rough_Rock
At work.... will post pics soon.

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 12:01:44 PM
Author: neatfreak
This is a great example of why we tell people that fancy cut diamonds should absolutely not be bought by the numbers. Because sometimes angles that you wouldn''t expect to be nice combine in the right stone to be fantastic. It''s not that Harry Winston is a magician, just that everything for this stone fell into place and works perfectly in harmony.

ditto! just think... based on the numbers, you would have passed this one up!!! I hope you get it and please post pictures!! it sounds beautiful!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DYING to see this beauty!
31.gif

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''d love to see pictures of this.
41.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Get the he** out......
3.gif
9.gif
...snap it up and get us some pics!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

I have to agree with what most people are saying about fancy shapes. Judging from report numbers/information is a dangerous way to make a final judgment.There have been many times I''ve judged a fancy shaped diamond off the report because it is ingrained in our heads to do so. I have often been pleasantly surprised when I open a diamond paper from my vendor and the diamond is beautiful but only received only "vg" in polish or symmetry (and sometimes "g"). In some shapes it''s nearly impossible to get the top symmetry grades due to the nature of the faceting. I am glad you found your diamond! That was a long search!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woohoo!! The numbers can lie, but the eyes never do
30.gif
I can''t wait to see pictures of your ring, I hope that you come back to share them!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 12:43:32 PM
Author: Winks_Elf
Did you have the opportunity to take the ring over to a corner of the store without the overhead lighting? The pinlights many stores use over the cases can make an otherwise dull stone shimmer. I'm not saying that this stone won't, but better to be safe and take it with a SA over to a corner where there is no direct lighting and see how it looks.

It sounds absolutely gorgeous, and if you get it I can't wait to see pictures!
35.gif
This made me laugh my head off and conjured up a wonderful image!

How can you identify a PS'er in a jewellery store? They'll be the one in the dark corner!!!!

ETA - Pictures needed!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cannot wait to see pics of this baby!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Where are the pictures?????

I hope you get it! It sounds perfect!

asforhim

Rough_Rock
The HW baby is home... what a beauty. Now I need to invest in a decent camera, because everything is blurry... sorry. Click on the link to see this stunner. 2.32 ct center, radiant, with 0.85 ct micropave, platinum setting.

The babys were asleep so I had to capture at low light. I''ll try again in natural light bright light.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyzRRuY4oFI

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
Oh my! I''m speechless. The sparkle on that baby is amazing!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your HW, gorgeous and congrats!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Breathtaking. I truely believe that fancy shapes speak to you--you know instantly if it is "the one". Radiants rule!!!!
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
congrats it is beautiful

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 10:58:36 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Breathtaking. I truely believe that fancy shapes speak to you--you know instantly if it is ''the one''. Radiants rule!!!!
9.gif

cheers--Sharon
So true!

What a beautiful ring you have!!! It''s sublime.

anyname

Shiny_Rock
WOOOOOW....congrats on finally finding your dream ring. It is beautiful.

RNgemlover

Shiny_Rock
that is one HOT Momma!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results