shape
carat
color
clarity

Harry Winston discount

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luv2shop

Rough_Rock
Hello eveyone
I am shopping for a two carat engagement ring. Has anyone gotten a discount from Harry Winston and if so, how much discount did you receive? Greatly appreciate your help!!

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, I doubt it. What would the discount be for?

Oh, and welcome to PS
35.gif
!

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
I''ve heard of PSers getting up to 30%. Have you tried doing a search on "Harry Winston"?

A two carat from Harry Winston....WOWEE!

luv2shop

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your fast response!

I just finished reading that and 30% off is alot to ask for! I also noticed that the message is dated to 2004. I also did a search and couldn''t find anyone else with discount experience at Harry Winston.

Do you all know if anyone has gotten discounts recently? Do you all think that 30% is do-able? Thanks again for your help!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
There was a recent thread .... here Gossamer Angel Explains it for you.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I remember Angelainjapan saying that they got the HW for less than the Tiffany Legacy (or something to that effect) due to HW giving a discount. She got her ring in the last few months.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/23/2006 8:42:55 PM
Author: luv2shop
Thank you for your fast response!

I just finished reading that and 30% off is alot to ask for! I also noticed that the message is dated to 2004. I also did a search and couldn''t find anyone else with discount experience at Harry Winston.

Do you all know if anyone has gotten discounts recently? Do you all think that 30% is do-able? Thanks again for your help!
I do not know about their retail practices, but diamond prices are through the roof and platinum is so high. I cannot imagine a store like HW giving 30% of their profit but I could be very wrong. It certainly does not hurt to ask!

mandyd

Shiny_Rock
In my experience, when it comes to high end luxury items, you ALWAYS get a discount if you ask nicely! I have never paid the asking price for any of my fabulous jewellery or watches etc. There is always room to negotiate, as these stores already have a select few clientele so if you are in the door, you are a prospective client. Very few people in the U.S. just walk into high end stores for the heck of it, and they know that! I never give them a figure or an amount, I simply ask "what is best price you can do for me, today?" and that signals that you are serious and ready to buy and trust me they will bend over backwards to accomodate you. You will pay a premium for the name, but that is to be expected, however 25% - 30% off the asking price is not unheard of at all. It is a wee bit difficult in the area of jewellery as there is no particular set price as opposed to watches etc. but whatever price he comes back with, try to renegotiate another 5%. I usually figure out the % in my head and give them a final $ amount I want to pay. Do not be embarrassed to bargain, ever as every lux store owner knows that only the nouveu riche pay full price. Most of their clientele are Asians or Middle Easterners and I have never met one yet who did not bargain, so trust me they are quite used to it. As an Indian, I consider it my birthright to drive a hard bargain and I would never shop at a store where I was expected to part with $30K+ of my hard earned money without getting the biggest bang for my buck! Good luck!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2006 12:09:58 AM
Author: btiger
In my experience, when it comes to high end luxury items, you ALWAYS get a discount if you ask nicely! I have never paid the asking price for any of my fabulous jewellery or watches etc. There is always room to negotiate, as these stores already have a select few clientele so if you are in the door, you are a prospective client. Very few people in the U.S. just walk into high end stores for the heck of it, and they know that! I never give them a figure or an amount, I simply ask ''what is best price you can do for me, today?'' and that signals that you are serious and ready to buy and trust me they will bend over backwards to accomodate you. You will pay a premium for the name, but that is to be expected, however 25% - 30% off the asking price is not unheard of at all. It is a wee bit difficult in the area of jewellery as there is no particular set price as opposed to watches etc. but whatever price he comes back with, try to renegotiate another 5%. I usually figure out the % in my head and give them a final $ amount I want to pay. Do not be embarrassed to bargain, ever as every lux store owner knows that only the nouveu riche pay full price. Most of their clientele are Asians or Middle Easterners and I have never met one yet who did not bargain, so trust me they are quite used to it. As an Indian, I consider it my birthright to drive a hard bargain and I would never shop at a store where I was expected to part with $30K+ of my hard earned money without getting the biggest bang for my buck! Good luck!
"...that only the nouveu riche pay full price..."

i find your arrogance and misplaced self-congratulatory attitude to be quite distasteful

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2006 12:36:04 AM
Author: windowshopper
Date: 5/24/2006 12:09:58 AM

Author: btiger

In my experience, when it comes to high end luxury items, you ALWAYS get a discount if you ask nicely! I have never paid the asking price for any of my fabulous jewellery or watches etc. There is always room to negotiate, as these stores already have a select few clientele so if you are in the door, you are a prospective client. Very few people in the U.S. just walk into high end stores for the heck of it, and they know that! I never give them a figure or an amount, I simply ask ''what is best price you can do for me, today?'' and that signals that you are serious and ready to buy and trust me they will bend over backwards to accomodate you. You will pay a premium for the name, but that is to be expected, however 25% - 30% off the asking price is not unheard of at all. It is a wee bit difficult in the area of jewellery as there is no particular set price as opposed to watches etc. but whatever price he comes back with, try to renegotiate another 5%. I usually figure out the % in my head and give them a final $ amount I want to pay. Do not be embarrassed to bargain, ever as every lux store owner knows that only the nouveu riche pay full price. Most of their clientele are Asians or Middle Easterners and I have never met one yet who did not bargain, so trust me they are quite used to it. As an Indian, I consider it my birthright to drive a hard bargain and I would never shop at a store where I was expected to part with $30K+ of my hard earned money without getting the biggest bang for my buck! Good luck!
''...that only the nouveu riche pay full price...''

i find your arrogance and misplaced self-congratulatory attitude to be quite distasteful

how about this? My boyfriend always says "Retail is for suckers!"

Bargaining in jewelry is a time-tested practice. I''ve always done it as well, and since you have a "No" going in, you might as well see if you can get to "Yes".

mandyd

Shiny_Rock
Windowshopper, sorry I haven''t mastered the art of western hypocrisy yet. I tell it like it is but hey, obviously I struck a chord so glad to know you pay full retail. Works for rest of us! Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results