shape
carat
color
clarity

Harleigh''s Dress is IN THE HOUSE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m digging the Unlisted shoes. I have a pair of them and they''re pretty comfy. I can''t remember what size shoe you wear....

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
I love the dress! It looks beautiful on you!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harleigh dear, you do not have droopy eyes, Your eyes are beautiful, they are huge. Now when you are my age, then you can talk about droopy things. Face, boobs and fanny, hee hee.
9.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much, Irish! I''m glad you like it, too! It looks like most people like earring #3, but I only have 2 pairs of them, so I stopped by Kohl''s again tonight to see if they had anymore, but no such luck! We are headed down to Vacaville on Saturday, so I''ll check that store, too!

Hi swimmer!
35.gif
Thanks so much! I found those shoes on Zappo''s and figured with the free shipping there and back, I couldn''t NOT take a chance on them...I hope they''re a little darker than they appear...they seem awfully bright to me, so hopefully they don''t clash with the dress!

Sarah, sweetie! Did you get a good night''s sleep? I don''t think I''ll get another one of those until school is out next Friday! I''m pooped! I''m so happy to hear you like the dress, too, and I love the smaller green amethyst ring, too...heaven forbid it compete with my e-ring, right???
31.gif
I''ll keep looking for another pair of set # 3, but so far I''ve only found 2 pairs of them...

Thanks, Sabine! My friend said she never realized it even HAD any sparkle in it until I sent her the pictures from last night...apparently she thought it was pretty boring before! Guess she decided not to say anything about that??? Hmmm...oh well, it all worked out in the end, right? I''m not sure I can mix the jewelry up, either...I''ll see what I end up with and try it every which way...I think that will depend on the shoes, too! Unfortunately, I just found out the gal on Maui asscher girl used isn''t going to be there anymore...she''s moving back to CA, so I''m outta luck on hair and makeup, so I guess I''d best follow all of your advice and figure out how to do my makeup by myself! Thanks so much for the kind words, you''re so sweet!

Mimzy, Stephanie & Krissie...thank you so much! I''m glad you all like it!

Hi Indy!
35.gif
Thanks so much for putting it into the words I was trying to describe to my friend...I was trying to explain that I didn''t feel like it overwhelmed my figure and flattered it rather than hid it, so I guess that means I''m meant to WEAR it! I feel so fortunate that it fit so well and won''t need hardly any alterations at all! Woot woot!

Aww, thanks, canadian_bling! You are way too kind! I''ve been so worried the dress wouldn''t fit that I''ve been trying really hard to watch what I eat and exercise more lately, but I hate doing both of those things, so thank goodness I don''t have to worry too much about that anymore! I even have a little room to grow in the waist, which I''m sure will come in handy when I''m sweating to death in a garden on Maui!
9.gif

Hi Bensbride! I really like your new avatar!
36.gif
Thanks for the vote of confidence and the earring vote...I''ll keep searching!

tiffanytwisted...thanks so much! That''s so funny you like earrings #1...I have 6 pairs of those and I like them, too, but I guess free dangling ones might work better. Maybe I''ll try them all on and see how I like them then. I''m just not sure if #3 are too long...I don''t want them to hang too low.

Hi Freke! I''m so glad our resident shoe expert likes the shoes! They upgraded to overnight shipping supposedly, but they haven''t sent me a confirmation, so who knows when I''ll get them? As I mentioned above, I hope they are a bit darker than they appear...they seem awfully bright to me, but they DID meet my height requirement! Thanks for chiming in!

Thank you, SuLi! That is very kind of you!

Hi again, dear Linda! You crack me up! I guess it''s a learned thing as I grew up hearing how sad I always looked! I''ve tried hard to get over it, but some things just don''t go away, but so far, everything else is still where it''s supposed to be!
31.gif

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
Harleigh, I''m in love with those Unlisted shoes! And then I see Freke says they''re pretty comfy!

: I have a cat question to ask you. Should I post it in my mittens thread and direct you there? New thread in hangout??

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 1:26:29 AM
Author: matildawong
Harleigh, I''m in love with those Unlisted shoes! And then I see Freke says they''re pretty comfy!

: I have a cat question to ask you. Should I post it in my mittens thread and direct you there? New thread in hangout??
Hi Sweetie...thanks for the kudos on the shoes...keep your fingers crossed that they actually fit, match and are comfortable!

As for a kitty question, here is fine, there is fine, or wherever is fine...I''ll find you! (Now if THAT didn''t sound stalkerish, I just don''t know what will!)
31.gif
I''m up working on wedding and school stuff, so I''ll be here for awhile...just let me know where you decide to post.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 2:29:09 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I''m digging the Unlisted shoes. I have a pair of them and they''re pretty comfy. I can''t remember what size shoe you wear....
Hi Again...I completely forgot to say that yes, I hope they are comfy! I am worried that the heel won''t be thick enough so that I don''t sink in the grass, but I can walk on the balls of my feet for quite awhile if pressed!

I wear a size 6 1/2-7 and need some HEIGHT!!!
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Off Topic,

Harleigh, I paged you in Hangout, to see if you felt the earthquake tonight.

Linda

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 1:14:37 AM
Author: Harleigh
Date: 6/3/2008 12:42:36 AM

Author: AmberGretchen

OMG that dress looks AMAZING on you - you have the most incredible figure and the dress just shows it off to perfection!! FANTASTIC - really, you couldn''t have made a better choice
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

I''m liking the jewelry too, although I see what you mean about the earrings - I really like the ones on the right in the picture.

Re: the makeup, I love the eyes, but I would do a teensy bit more color on the cheeks (you are a ''blushing bride'' after all
31.gif
) and maybe fill in your eyebrows a bit more. This is really just for photography purposes - us fairer girls need a lot more color to look ''normal'' on camera
2.gif
Hmmm...just looked again and the only other thing I''d add would be to maybe shade the eyeshadow up into the crease (towards the inside of the eye) a bit more and blend it in a bit more with the others - I think it will be more subtle in the pictures and will make your eyes really pop
10.gif

Thanks AG! Always so nice to hear from you! Your compliments made this blushing bride blush! You really made my night, thank you!

I adore the earrings on the right, too...when I ordered them, they looked as light as the necklace, but when they arrived, they were much brighter. I don''t know how noticable that would be at the wedding, but I have a little bit of time to try to work something out.

Thanks for the makeup tips...since I rarely wear makeup, I think I should also hire this done, too! My hands shake so bad, and my eyes are so droopy that I just think I should maybe leave it to a professional! Maybe they can rid me of the sad puppy dog eye syndrome with a their magic makeup wand???
9.gif

Honestly, I don''t know that I would have noticed the color difference with the earrings in that shot you posted if you hadn''t pointed it out, so it might not even be a problem, especially by the time you get a fancy hairdo, veil, etc...going.

You don''t have droopy puppy dog eyes - you have lovely, expressive eyes
1.gif
But I am a big fan of getting makeup professionally done - I''ve been playing with my makeup since I was eight years old and I still had someone else do it for my wedding. Its partly a question of not stressing yourself out even more and taking the risk that nerves will make it harder for you to do, and its partly a question of needing your makeup to look different when you''ll be in tons of photos all day long than for a regular night out or whatever.

I''m sure you''ll be gorgeous no matter what you decide, because, well, you already are gorgeous and with that plus the knockout dress, how could you not be a beautiful bride
9.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 10:42:34 AM

Date: 6/3/2008 1:14:37 AM
Author: Harleigh

Date: 6/3/2008 12:42:36 AM

OMG that dress looks AMAZING on you - you have the most incredible figure and the dress just shows it off to perfection!! FANTASTIC - really, you couldn''t have made a better choice
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

I''m liking the jewelry too, although I see what you mean about the earrings - I really like the ones on the right in the picture.

Re: the makeup, I love the eyes, but I would do a teensy bit more color on the cheeks (you are a ''blushing bride'' after all
31.gif
) and maybe fill in your eyebrows a bit more. This is really just for photography purposes - us fairer girls need a lot more color to look ''normal'' on camera
2.gif
Hmmm...just looked again and the only other thing I''d add would be to maybe shade the eyeshadow up into the crease (towards the inside of the eye) a bit more and blend it in a bit more with the others - I think it will be more subtle in the pictures and will make your eyes really pop
10.gif

Thanks AG! Always so nice to hear from you! Your compliments made this blushing bride blush! You really made my night, thank you!

I adore the earrings on the right, too...when I ordered them, they looked as light as the necklace, but when they arrived, they were much brighter. I don''t know how noticable that would be at the wedding, but I have a little bit of time to try to work something out.

Thanks for the makeup tips...since I rarely wear makeup, I think I should also hire this done, too! My hands shake so bad, and my eyes are so droopy that I just think I should maybe leave it to a professional! Maybe they can rid me of the sad puppy dog eye syndrome with a their magic makeup wand???
9.gif

Honestly, I don''t know that I would have noticed the color difference with the earrings in that shot you posted if you hadn''t pointed it out, so it might not even be a problem, especially by the time you get a fancy hairdo, veil, etc...going.

You don''t have droopy puppy dog eyes - you have lovely, expressive eyes
1.gif
But I am a big fan of getting makeup professionally done - I''ve been playing with my makeup since I was eight years old and I still had someone else do it for my wedding. Its partly a question of not stressing yourself out even more and taking the risk that nerves will make it harder for you to do, and its partly a question of needing your makeup to look different when you''ll be in tons of photos all day long than for a regular night out or whatever.

I''m sure you''ll be gorgeous no matter what you decide, because, well, you already are gorgeous and with that plus the knockout dress, how could you not be a beautiful bride
9.gif
Thanks, AG! You''re so sweet, as always...I am really trying hard to find someone to do my hair and makeup over in Maui, but everyone I''ve seen pictures of their work on their website I have hated both the hair and makeup. I loved asscher girl''s hair, but the gal who did it is planning to move back to CA before my wedding, so I am back on the hunt for someone else, because it''s just not something I want to deal with! I''ll keep you posted if I find anything!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 2:29:09 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Harleigh''s shoes are IN THE HOUSE, too! And they are super cute, but I don''t know if they''re tall enough yet. I''m going to go take a shower in a bit and try them on with the dress...I''ll take pix and see what all of you think!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies!

I got the fuchsia shoes today! They are adorable, but I''m not sure they''re tall enough. I''m worried that I''m actually going to have to break down and get the dress hemmed. I really wish I hadn''t let the lady convince me to add an inch on...an inch off would be perfect! I don''t know why I don''t trust my own judgment more!

Here are the shoes...what do you think?

I took one in the mirror so you could see as much of them as possible...

CIMG1046.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Another one holding my too long dress up for color complement...

CIMG10361.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Held up next to my BM dresses...they aren''t an exact match, but fairly close, I think.

CIMG1042.JPG

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE the shoes. So cute with your dress. And I really think they match super-closely (at least in the pic) to the bm''s dresses.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just saw this!! OMG! You look SO HOT!!! I have to say I cannot imagine a lovelier dress!!! I''m so glad you picked this one!! I love the subtle sparklies on the dress. Perfection!!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 11:48:34 PM
Author: matildawong
I LOVE the shoes. So cute with your dress. And I really think they match super-closely (at least in the pic) to the bm''s dresses.
Hi Molly! I think they are cute, too! And actually, I think they match a little better in person...for some reason the camera makes the dresses a totally different color than it really is, and it gives it a neon glow that just is NOT flattering!
32.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 12:19:40 AM
Author: Gypsy
I just saw this!! OMG! You look SO HOT!!! I have to say I cannot imagine a lovelier dress!!! I''m so glad you picked this one!! I love the subtle sparklies on the dress. Perfection!!
Hi Gypsy,

Thank you so much! I''m glad to hear from you and was hoping you would chime in! So excited to hear you like it!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Harleigh I have to agree, your legs are hot! I am seriously jealous, lol. And unfortunately, no I haven''t gotten enough sleep lately. A bit more, but not enough. We''ll survive, right?
1.gif
And I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
THOSE SHOES!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
ooooooh love those shoes!!!! and the dress is gorgeous, the little sparkles are just perfect. i love fun shoes under wedding dresses
30.gif
30.gif

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Harleigh, I love your dress! It fits you perfectly - you look beautiful
1.gif
And, the pink shoes are sexy
31.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ooh - LOVE the pink shoes - they are perfect - a little bit sexy and a little bit fun and they will be darling peeking out in some of your pics.

I''m sorry you have to get the dress hemmed, but honestly, I think its better to do that than worry about tripping over it
20.gif

I know it would be a haul for you, but I had a fantastic and cheap seamstress in San Mateo, if you need a referral (she completely reconstructed the entire top of my dress and made it supportive enough that I didn''t need a bra, and gave me a spectacular 9-point bustle for $150 total)
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results