shape
carat
color
clarity

Harleigh''s Dress is IN THE HOUSE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Earring Choice #3

CIMG0982.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well there is my Harleigh girl. If you aren''t the most beautiful little thing. Your dress is beautiful sweetie. You look like a Barbie doll in it. I hate to use that expression, but it is true. You are so darn adorable. You have the most beautiful eyes too. You remind me of my daughter, when her hair was that long. You look stunning and you will make a beautiful bride.

Linda

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I think that''s it...sorry if I inundated you with too many pictures, and again, so sorry for the cruddy quality.

The bridal party''s jewelry is sterling silver and CZ DBTY and there is a matching necklace and bracelet that I had to have custom-sized to each girl. I never found earrings that went perfectly, so I went and bought several pairs of each to choose from, and of course can''t make up my mind!

As I mentioned in the other thread, the dress is a bit loose (thank goodness!) and it is longer than I thought it would be as my hollow-to-hem was measured with 3" heels on and when I tried it on earlier, those heels were 4 1/2" with a b it of a platform, too!

So, now I need to find me some big ol'' honkin'' fuchsia platforms...that would really drive my mother insane!

Also, if I''m wearing fuchsia shoes would it be appropriate to wear the green amethyst jewelry or should I look for celery green shoes or switch to fuchsia jewelry? There is a raspberry cz DBTY necklace from Eve''s Addiction online, but I''m just not sold on it quite yet!

Thanks in advance for all of your opinions and ideas!

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
Hi Harleigh!

Oh your dress is just beautiful. I love the sparklies and the buttons on the back and the cut of the dress is amazing on you! Wow! Knockout style!

I also like that picture of your eyelids (eyes closed) -- the make-up looks really dramatic but not overly so.

Just gorgeous!!

ETA: Yeah! Post the shoes you're considering, please!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 12:26:47 AM
Author: neatfreak
Yay!!!! It looks gorgeous! And I don''t know if you saw my note in princess''s thread about my pink shoes...
Thanks, neatfreak! It''s a lot heavier than I remember...I may die of a heatstroke in Maui!

And I don''t think I saw your note about pink shoes...I''ll go check it out! I guess I should post what I''m considering for those, too, huh?

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 12:26:59 AM
Author: Haven
Harleigh, I LOVE IT! It''s gorgeous, and so are you!

Your figure is to die for, honey.
Thanks, Haven! You''re so sweet! I am SO relieved it actually fits and might not need any alterations but the straps! Did I luck out or what???

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 12:29:40 AM
Author: MINIMS
Harleigh, it''s very classy and absolutely gorgeous! You''ll be a beautiful bride!
Thanks, MINIMS! I appreciated all of your help in my endeavor, and it''s fun to see the fruits of our labor...woo hoo!

It came completely wrinkled, so I''m thinking maybe it''s a good thing it''s already a crinkly kind of fabric...maybe it will travel better to Maui!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 12:31:03 AM
Author: miraclesrule
Girrrrrlllll, you need to learn how to use the auto shoot feature!!
2.gif

I think you look fantabulous!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I still can''t get the visual of some Harley babe (my sister look-alike) out of my head when I see your nic, but now everything has changed!!
9.gif
Ha, ha, miracle! I was trying to use the auto shoot feature...that dang dress weighs a LOT and is hard to get across the room in time for the camera to do its thing! I was running back and forth like a madwoman trying to get a good shot...it was absolutely hysterical! Candid camera, her I come!

Thanks for the sweet compliment...I hope Rusty likes it as much as you ladies do!

And, just for the record, I am a Harley babe! I ride whenever I can and have over 100 different Harley shirts from just about every ride and/or Harley shop I''ve ever been to. I even went back to Wisconsin for Harley''s 100th anniversary in 2003...it was just incredible! Too bad Rusty won''t ride...I have to be the backup b*tch for all of my friends, but I do love it!
30.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 12:31:05 AM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 6/3/2008 12:29:40 AM
Author: MINIMS
Harleigh, it''s very classy and absolutely gorgeous! You''ll be a beautiful bride!
I agree, you look lovely!!!
Thank you, sweet Skippy!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 12:34:16 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Oh sweetheart, your dress is magnificent. You are darling and YOU DONT LOOK OLD. That gown fits you like a glove, its just stunning.
Thanks, SDL, that''s very kind of you! I am so happy that everyone likes it!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 12:35:41 AM
Author: Siamese Kitty
You look wonderful Harleigh-you''re going to be stunning on your big day!
Thanks, Siamese! Now, if only I could tame my frizzy hair! I''m hoping to hire someone to make that happen, though! Thanks to asscher_girl''s recommendations, I''m hoping I have someone lined up to do just that!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 12:42:36 AM
Author: AmberGretchen
OMG that dress looks AMAZING on you - you have the most incredible figure and the dress just shows it off to perfection!! FANTASTIC - really, you couldn''t have made a better choice
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

I''m liking the jewelry too, although I see what you mean about the earrings - I really like the ones on the right in the picture.

Re: the makeup, I love the eyes, but I would do a teensy bit more color on the cheeks (you are a ''blushing bride'' after all
31.gif
) and maybe fill in your eyebrows a bit more. This is really just for photography purposes - us fairer girls need a lot more color to look ''normal'' on camera
2.gif
Hmmm...just looked again and the only other thing I''d add would be to maybe shade the eyeshadow up into the crease (towards the inside of the eye) a bit more and blend it in a bit more with the others - I think it will be more subtle in the pictures and will make your eyes really pop
10.gif
Thanks AG! Always so nice to hear from you! Your compliments made this blushing bride blush! You really made my night, thank you!

I adore the earrings on the right, too...when I ordered them, they looked as light as the necklace, but when they arrived, they were much brighter. I don''t know how noticable that would be at the wedding, but I have a little bit of time to try to work something out.

Thanks for the makeup tips...since I rarely wear makeup, I think I should also hire this done, too! My hands shake so bad, and my eyes are so droopy that I just think I should maybe leave it to a professional! Maybe they can rid me of the sad puppy dog eye syndrome with a their magic makeup wand???
9.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 12:54:10 AM
Author: Linda W
Well there is my Harleigh girl. If you aren''t the most beautiful little thing. Your dress is beautiful sweetie. You look like a Barbie doll in it. I hate to use that expression, but it is true. You are so darn adorable. You have the most beautiful eyes too. You remind me of my daughter, when her hair was that long. You look stunning and you will make a beautiful bride.

Linda

Aww, Linda, thank you...that means a lot coming from you, and I''ll take the Barbie compliment and run with it!
9.gif

Thank you for the eyes comment...I have always hated them because everyone says I always look so sad...I can''t help that they droop and when I smile they go down even more! I have worked hard to try to open my eyes really wide when pictures are being taken, but it sure is hard when you''re taking them of yourself!

Thanks so much for the sweet compliments...I appreciate them and you!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 12:59:39 AM
Author: matildawong
Hi Harleigh!

Oh your dress is just beautiful. I love the sparklies and the buttons on the back and the cut of the dress is amazing on you! Wow! Knockout style!

I also like that picture of your eyelids (eyes closed) -- the make-up looks really dramatic but not overly so.

Just gorgeous!!

ETA: Yeah! Post the shoes you''re considering, please!
Hi Sweet Molly...how are you fairing today? I''m so glad to see you''re venturing over here a bit, and it''s so nice to hear from you. Thanks so much for chiming in...I always enjoy our *chats*!

I love the sparklies, too...sometimes you can''t even see them, and then when they catch the light a certain way, they just shine! I like that they''re not too overdone.

Thanks for the makeup kudos...I have just never been good with makeup, so I''m always willing to hear ideas about what I should do!

As for shoes, I''m thinkiing I''m going to have to make sure I find ones that are at least 4" tall...with the other ones I was dragging a bit, so I''ll go see what I can find!

I hope you get some rest tonight and are doing all right!

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
Hee! I was just eating a pomegranate/dark chocolate ice cream bar, reading your post. I am doing ok. Tonight my future mil gave me a children''s book (perfect for someone like me) called "Cat Heaven." She has it in her preschool classroom. It''s very sweet and I will treasure it always.

Anyway, back to you! I get what you''re saying about the sparklies. Perfection!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, first order of business. You look stunning in it. It and you are gorgeous together.

Second order of business. I like the green necklace and think you should stick with that one. I''m by no means matchy matchy so I would probably go with the pink earrings, but I like the green ones too. So the pink and green wouldn''t look too random, I''d probably try to go with two bracelets that are pink and green, or a pink ring and a green bracelet...you get the idea. But I''m weird. (I really do love that necklace though.)

Third order of business. Shoes. I''m thinking lucite ones with flashing lights like pole dancers wear, to freak out your mom. Ok, not really. But seriously, what are you thinking?

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 1:38:01 AM
Author: matildawong
Hee! I was just eating a pomegranate/dark chocolate ice cream bar, reading your post. I am doing ok. Tonight my future mil gave me a children''s book (perfect for someone like me) called ''Cat Heaven.'' She has it in her preschool classroom. It''s very sweet and I will treasure it always.

Anyway, back to you! I get what you''re saying about the sparklies. Perfection!
Hi Molly...glad to hear you are doing better...I will have to go find that book for myself and my classroom. Something always seems to come up throughout each school year and now that it''s happened to me and my kitty, I have a really hard time not breaking down in front of the kids. I had an older book by another name that did a pretty good job of explaining things, but I believe it was from the 1940''s or 50''s and finally fell apart, literally! Definitely something I could use in future years, and maybe it will help me to get past getting sad or upset when something comes up. I teared up tonight when I found one of Maverick''s nails that he used to shed all of the time...just a reminder, I know, but still makes me sad he is gone.

Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you...

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 1:43:35 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Ok, first order of business. You look stunning in it. It and you are gorgeous together.

Second order of business. I like the green necklace and think you should stick with that one. I''m by no means matchy matchy so I would probably go with the pink earrings, but I like the green ones too. So the pink and green wouldn''t look too random, I''d probably try to go with two bracelets that are pink and green, or a pink ring and a green bracelet...you get the idea. But I''m weird. (I really do love that necklace though.)

Third order of business. Shoes. I''m thinking lucite ones with flashing lights like pole dancers wear, to freak out your mom. Ok, not really. But seriously, what are you thinking?
Gosh, I just love you, Freke! First, of course, for the compliments, and second, for your help in terrorizing my mother! She doesn''t like anything I''ve chosen for the wedding, so I guess I need to stop trying to meet with her approval...that makes me sad, too, but there''s only so much a girl can do, right? Pole dancer shoes...that would really put her over the edge!

I''m not sure how I feel about mismatched jewelry...I may try it both ways and take pictures (or have someone else take them for once!) and see how I like it. I like the idea of using both colors, but I''m just not sure that''s me, if you know what I mean?

As for shoes, I am going to look into those multi-colored wedge ones you posted for me in the wedding shoe thread, but I just don''t know if they''re dressy/classy enough for this particular dress. I really love a pair of bright pink satin ones I saw awhile back that I think I posted to show you, but I have to find them again and see if they''re high enough or not. Since we''ll be on grass and the beach, I want to be careful with the heel, but I''m open to anything at this point that will get me a few feet higher off the ground!!

Thanks for chiming in and let me know if you come up with any other fantabulous shoes for me!
36.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
I found the pair I liked...they were Caparros "Payton" in hot pink. Unfortunately, they were on ebay and I was a litte iffy on the size and they were already at almost $50, I think, so I decided to look elsewhere.

I found THESE on Zappos and they were the last pair in my size, so I went ahead and ordered them...figured with free shipping both ways, I didn''t have much to lose, and they are one of the only pairs I liked with at least a 4 1/4" heel. Hopefully they match the girls'' dresses and are at least somewhat comfy! I''ll keep lookng though!

I''ll see if I can attach a picture for you...what do you think?

Fuchsia shoes-zappos.jpg

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
Harleigh your dress is stunning - and so are you in it! WOW!

For the bridesmaids'' earrings, I would go with option #3. I like the simplicity and the dangle drop will give movement and sparkles. Lovely!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Harleigh, You are a stunner! Oh those shoes, Freke''s fuschia ones! do what you love lady! I agree with IrishBreakfast about the earrings, esp with the set. Fantastic that you got your dress!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous as expected!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
One huge check to add to your list, yaaay! As for the photo with the two green rings, I really love the one that was on your ring finger, that's my favorite.
30.gif
I love your gown!

ETA: Earring choices, I also like number 2 and 3, but 3 the most.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Harleigh, your dress is absolutely gorgeous, and so are you!!! I love the subtle sparkle to it!

As for jewelry, I like the green necklace, but am not a fan of either of the earrings that you had that went with it. I also really love the pave necklace and the pink earrings. I don''t think I would mix the pink and green jewelry, but that''s just me. I think if you found a pair of earrings to go with the green jewelry, that would look great, and so would all of your second set if you went with that.

For your bridal party jewelry, I love the last pair of earrings the best!

Those hot pink shoes look great, so I hope they fit and are super comfy!

And finally, as for the makeup, it looks great, but I would also suggest adding a little color to your eyebrows to keep them from blending in to your skin tone in pictures!

All in all, everything looks so wonderful, and you are going to be such a beautiful bride!

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
that dress if beautiful and classic and looks FABULOUS on you! i''m so glad you got what you wanted!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Good lordy, you''ve been busy!! So glad that you finally have your dress. And of course, it just looks fantastic!!

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Harleigh! This is so exciting!! I love love love you in your dress - smokin hot yet classy at the same time.
9.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Aww, I LOVE IT! It screams ''classy lady''. As well it should. So elegant. And you are so wearing that dress rather than vice versa. It frames you and lets you be your gorgeous self.
30.gif

canadian_bling

Rough_Rock
You look fantastic in that dress. I wish I had your figure.

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
Your dress is gorgeous and you look wonderful in it!

Earring vote is for 3, but I love both 2 and 3.

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Your dress is gorgeous! ANd it looks fantastic on you.
I vote for earrings number 1.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results