shape
carat
color
clarity

Happy LIW, no rescue from Delusional Echo Chamber required

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2009 6:29:48 PM
Author: Galateia

Date: 4/3/2009 4:59:57 PM
Author: sunnyd

Date: 4/3/2009 4:20:32 PM

Author: ladypirate

Date: 4/3/2009 4:18:32 PM

Author: FrekeChild

A CONFEDERATE FLAG TRAMP STAMP?!

23.gif

Ditto this.
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

Oh. Oh no.

Ladies, you don''t know the half of it.
15.gif

The south will RISE again, eh? How about the waistband of those pants RISE so you don''t look like a rodeo buckle bunny?

Even the gay bar has men wearing cowboy wear non-ironically; no sequins on the cowboy hats, denim not tight, and the pool table was being used for a pool game and all the guys were staring intently at the game and not at the behind of the man taking the shot. Blew. My. Mind. I''ve been to plenty of gay bars, but the cowboy hats were pink and sparkly, the chaps were a$$less, and the denim was painted on. Sometimes literally painted on with no actual cloth involved.

Ever seen a tv clip of the court house featuring a somber group of lawyers heading to court in formal suit dress that includes black cowboy hats?
rotflmao2.gif

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Can I get a Wuuuuut WuuuuuuT for the Canadian National Anthem?

Hey! I know there aren''t too many of us here on the board, but if we sing it into the DEC we might sound like a choir, dang it! LOL...

I''m such a nerd....
41.gif

Let me go back to making din din for the fam.
41.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Loved reading your post, Gala. You have such a great tone to your writing. I''m so glad you''re happy!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
G-thank you SO much from pulling this board out of the black hole known as the "Dilusional Echo Chamber". Seriously, it was getting really bad there for awhile. I''m so glad you''re content and happy with where you are right now and I love your positivity.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/3/2009 3:50:47 PM
Y''know, replying to everyone individually is something that requires more mental dexterity than readily available at the moment. Can I get away with a general thank you and an addressing of individual questions?
37.gif

Heck yeah, my graduate-studies-afflicted sisters! Wut wut! Simple things like going to the grocery store for, y''know, food and soap takes a week''s planning in advance to work around our schedules. He''ll go on his own, of course, but picks up random things that do not necessarily help with repopulating our larder and pantry with edible staples.

What I may have failed to hint strongly enough at was the, er, added scarcity of a certain mammalian need which requires both parties to be reasonably conscious at the time. If you catch my meaning.
31.gif

NakedFinger and Guilty Pleasure, I moved from one of the cities clumped around Toronto (with accompanying culture) to west Texas. Lubbock, in fact, which is famous for a documentary called The Education of Shelby Knox; I draw your attention to the signs that the protesters are carrying on the main street of Lubbock in one of the accompanying photos. Lubbock appears to be still struggling with the civil rights movement, let alone the other rights and freedoms that have since been brought to light in the last 50 years. The attitudes here are so provincial and behind the times that we are getting situations like this: ''A fourteen year-old junior high school student tested positive for HIV and infected several other students with the virus.'' (quote from that link). It astonishes me that of my training class, half of my fellow trainees were clearly missing teeth. Teeth may be a strange thing to focus on, but it shows how poorly educated and financially stressed people are here. I am astonished at how many young mothers there are here, and sadly, it''s usually girls from the visible minorities who are most openly discriminated against in this area. Like I said, it''s like Lubbock is 50 years behind everywhere else.

Gypsy, sadly most of the transplant tales are along the vein of the preceding paragraph. However, there was a moment where I saw a confederate flag tramp stamp and went all ''Toto, RUN FOR OUR LIVES!''
3.gif

Intersting. Do you live in Lubbock or in a tiny town around Lubbock? The reason I ask is that I have family living in Lubbock, and my little sister went to college out there. While it is certainly NOT a place I want to live - dust storms, stockyard smell, a very long drive from anything else, no fun for young professional age group, etc. - I have never had that impression of it that you described. Poverty, ignorance, That is probably because I have only visited middle class, educated people in nice neighborhoods or the college life of my sister. Visits center around family and football games.

Driving in the little towns around Lubbock is boring and depressing though.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Gala...
32.gif

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
G, thank you for the Education of Shelby Knox link. Very interesting, I just ILL''d it.

glad to see you around, happy to see you are keepin'' it real.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gala, good to see you around these parts again! Happy to see you are doing well and that Texas hasn''t killed you yet.
2.gif
And you were never delusional girlfriend. Well, about your relationship anyway.
11.gif

Keep us posted on your life!!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 6:11:50 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Gala, good to see you around these parts again! Happy to see you are doing well and that Texas hasn't killed you yet.
2.gif
11.gif

Heh.

Well, most recent update is that I just got back from getting my hair cut for the first time since 1999. I'll let you know how it went in a week when I get back from dumping the stylist's body in a canyon.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 6:21:50 PM

Date: 4/7/2009 6:11:50 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Gala, good to see you around these parts again! Happy to see you are doing well and that Texas hasn''t killed you yet.
2.gif
11.gif

Heh.

Well, most recent update is that I just got back from getting my hair cut for the first time since 1999. I''ll let you know how it went in a week when I get back from dumping the stylist''s body in a canyon.
Don''t do it. You need a crime free record in order to become a citizen, after which you can come and go as you please to both countries and never have to see an immigration clerk again. Please, if you don''t believe me, go ask your friends on visajourney.

Put the stylist on the hit list for 4 years from now. You''ll be less of a suspect then.
11.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock

Heh.

Well, most recent update is that I just got back from getting my hair cut for the first time since 1999. I''ll let you know how it went in a week when I get back from dumping the stylist''s body in a canyon.

Uh-oh...not a good visit to the salon I take it? I hope you didn''t end up with this:
Big Texas Hair

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 6:41:17 PM
Author: Selkie

Heh.

Uh-oh...not a good visit to the salon I take it? I hope you didn''t end up with this:

Big Texas Hair

Unfortunately, that would be an improvement.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
23.gif
What did they do?!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 7:30:12 PM
Author: FrekeChild
23.gif
What did they do?!

Like I said, I''ll talk about it in a week when I get back from dumping her body.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results