shape
carat
color
clarity

Happy Anniversary Mara and Greg!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/13/2006 3:27:03 AM
Author: Mara
Awww thanks everyone!!!

Greg done good for dinner....he took me to this steakhouse in Palo Alto (Sundance) where we actually had either our third or fourth date, we could not remember but we knew it was a long time ago. Anyhow, we totally remember that place because we had just started dating and he was joking how he thought I''d be some wacky California vegetarian...
5.gif
and was happy to learn I was a meat-loving carnivore!! Also we had some other memories from that place, things we joked about, I even remember what he and I wore because when I met Greg he was a very stuffy East Coast dresser, and he used to show up for our dates in button down shirts and khakis!!
20.gif

So the dinner itself was awesome, we haven''t been back to that place since that date, don''t know why but we have other fave steakhouses, but this dinner reminded us how amazing Sundance is as well! Crab cakes, clam chowder, wedge salad, steaks, mashed potatoes, veggies, creamed spinach, mud pie, coffee, port and icewine....lots of good conversation about our last two years as a married couple...what we''ve done together, where we are going together, many ring admiration breaks (it seemed like every time the wait staff came to check on us we were talking about my diamond or holding up my hand to the light...haha such dorks!)...load ourselves back into the car, drive home (I snooze peacefully on the way home of course).

Then we got home, opened our cards (his was uncharacteristically sweet...something about a rainbow of happiness i brought into his life!!
30.gif
) and then he opened his new gift which he ADORES. He''s been playing with it for the last hour and ignoring me...haha...men and their toys! So I of course took some more ring pictures.
9.gif
Anyway now it''s bedtime..and he says THANKS for all the great wishes from you guys on here!!

Oh and he brought me home a little bouquet of multi-colored roses which was really sweet. Of course I used them in my ring photo shoot.
31.gif
Oh and the ring lighting in the restaurant was really interesting. The type of lights they had were so intense that the stone itself almost appeared a translucent BLACK but with colored sparkles inside, his small ACA did the same thing. I don''t see that kind of effect often, so we were mesmerized.
Gee, happy belated anniversary, Mara and Greg!

Hey, whats wrong with button down shirts and khakis?! What does he wear now, shorts and a tie dye t-shirt?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy to hear you had such a lovely time!

Congrats!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks guys!!!!

hehee when i told him about the money tree, his eyes totally lit up so maybe that's a future gift!!
31.gif
he SO loves his terrarium and he put the teddy bear up on the desk. too cute.

BB...button down and pressed khakis is what you wear to work, not a date, or not out here anyway. he totally had that dressed up east coast thing going on. especially since we were going out to a really trendyish area, he looked like he was at a business meeting. now he is all about the bootcut flat front jeans, flip flops and fitted tshirt or whatever is the latest in the stores, since i do all his 'extracurricular' shopping aka anything outside of the office and he still buys his button downs and khakis for work.
5.gif
he's just happy that he doesn't have to ask me what to wear when we go out anymore, it's all been pre-approved.
9.gif

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
"It''s all been pre-approved" haha, cute!

Well I''m late on the scene as always, but I wish you and Greg a belated happy anniversary!
9.gif

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
P.S. Love the new avatar!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results