shape
carat
color
clarity

Halo setting with prongs or as bezel????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jean

Shiny_Rock
My question is, does it really make a huge difference in the way the stone looks in a halo setting?? What would be the benefits of a halo as a bezel vs with the prongs. Does it change the look of the ring? Does it still do the same for a stone that you want to lool bigger????? Asking all you experts out there!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is a personal thing. I like halos with bezels (milgrained as well) but that is just my taste. I think it gives it a cleaner look.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I think it depends on the shape. My marquise has claw prongs and chevrons inside of the halo. I prefer that look because the diamond can sit up higher than if there are prongs.

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
i think it''s taste... to me i like halos with prongs - halos just seem like old fashioned elegance, and bezel set looks more modern.

however, there are more modern looking halos that might work with a bezel setting.

i just like the more classic look .... (like this one from mark turnowski)

erd halo with prongs.jpg

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
My ering is a prong set halo...I like it that way.

I think it gives the diamond a bit more POP. I''ve attached a pic for you...

But I''ve seen some really pretty bezel set halo rings as well. And a prong setting makes an already high set ring, even higher.

prongseteringpic.jpg

Jean

Shiny_Rock
Wow, both rings are very pretty. I know it is a personal thing, but I was not sure if it changed the look of the actual stone.....
face23.gif

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
i believe a bezel setting can make a diamond look a tiny, tiny bit smaller, since it covers a little bit of the stone all the way around.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
The answer will completely depend on the person! I prefer prongs. There was a version of my ring that bezeled the stone....I felt it made the stone look smaller.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
see, I think a bezel makes the stone larger.

gail013

Shiny_Rock
I think the bezels hide the stones, while the prong set accent them, by highlighting them.The prongs allow the center stone to sit up higher.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Bezels can be better for stones w/ thin girdles- hence why I am putting my OEC in one.

widget

Ideal_Rock
I''ve recently come to the conclusion that at least for certain cuts, bezels can diminish the sparkle of diamonds.

I recently had my three stone ring reset. In the old mounting, the sidestones (sq. ECs) weren''t even bezel set, but were closed off on one side.

I think they are much brighter now that they are open, prong set...

widget

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results