shape
carat
color
clarity

Halo setting question!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What did Brilliant Earth say? What size stone are you going with?

Mon Choux Choux

Rough_Rock
What did Brilliant Earth say? What size stone are you going with?

I got mixed answers so I wasn't sure! One person said it would add 2mm on each side so total 4mm to the stone and another person said 0.5mm on each side so 1mm total...I think I'm going to go with a 1.5ct center stone!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would go with the 4mm in total. 1mm in total for a halo is wayyy tiny. :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These look to be 1 point stones (1/16 of carat with 16 stones). A 1 point diamond is about 1.25mm so I would think the halo would be
about 2mm wide.

You can play with this tool to get an idea of the relative overall size...

Last edited:

Mon Choux Choux

Rough_Rock
These look to be 1 point stones (1/16 of carat with 16 stones). A 1 point diamond is about 1.25mm so I would think the halo would be
about 2mm wide.

You can play with this tool to get an idea of the relative overall size...

Oh wow. Thanks! I have a better idea of how it'll look now! :)

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
interesting... may i ask what you are trying to achieve here? i just built a halo ring and i feel halo width has a lot to do with the center stone size. not sure what the center stone size is in the picture. but i guess if eventually you wanted to go for this design, you may want to find out the carat weight of the center stone and compare it to your stone to decide if this design is suitable for you stone size. because it might look very differently if center stone size varies a lot from the one in the picture. depending on that, you may need larger or smaller melees to get a balanced look. just my 2 cents.

Mon Choux Choux

Rough_Rock
interesting... may i ask what you are trying to achieve here? i just built a halo ring and i feel halo width has a lot to do with the center stone size. not sure what the center stone size is in the picture. but i guess if eventually you wanted to go for this design, you may want to find out the carat weight of the center stone and compare it to your stone to decide if this design is suitable for you stone size. because it might look very differently if center stone size varies a lot from the one in the picture. depending on that, you may need larger or smaller melees to get a balanced look. just my 2 cents.

I was just curious to see how much finger coverage I would get! I didn't know they would set different sized accent stones depending on the center stone size. Thanks for the info!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results