shape
carat
color
clarity

Halo reset by Sareen Jewelry

pinknblue

Rough_Rock
I found this site a couple months ago, and the information here is so wonderful. Thanks to everyone who posts frequently and in turn helps those of us that are looking for information and are able to learn so much from those posts! Show me the bling is probably my favorite forum here, because of all the pretty ring pics! :love:

So, I wanted to share my reset once I got it. Here's some background - My old set was a channel set band with a high 6 prong setting. It showed off my diamond beautifully, and I really loved the setting, not to mention it's what my hubby saved up for and chose and proposed to me with, and I wore it every day. But, when my son was born last year, the way my ring was set, I scratched him a few times, and even broke skin on his face once (deep enough to bleed :cry: ) and another time scratched his face but was a surface scratch... but still a scratch. I started getting extremely paranoid wearing my ring whenever I was holding him. I was always so conscious of my ring and possibly poking his eyes, that it started to become somewhat of a hassle. I began to look into possibly resetting my ring into a bezel setting, but it just wasn't "me". I looked at a bunch of pictures and the halos really called out to me, but didn't want too delicate of a band with my 6.75 ring size. When I saw the split shank halo (Diane's Tiara DTC101 at www.sareenjewelery.com) I fell in love with it. I happened to be in LA, and I made an appointment with Adam at Sareen Jewelry and went over that day to try the setting on. He was extremely helpful and listened to all the things I wanted with the ring. I tried on several different kinds of settings, but I fell in love with the one I had already seen but modified it to hold a little bit bigger diamonds so that all you would see were diamonds with little metal. So... on to some pics!

Here's an old pic of the side profile of my old setting (1.5 carat, G, SI2, ex/ex/ex):

an attempted ring photoshoot pic a while back

Here's my reset - split shank halo with wedding band (cell phone pics for now)

The ring was beautifully crafted, and you can hardly see any metal. The setting is a shared prong (?) setting, so all you see are diamonds. The ring is exactly what I envisioned and I was so excited when I got it!! I couldn't stop looking at it all day... BUT... I was inspecting the ring in the bathroom lighting and I dropped the ring on the tile. I heard a "thwap" as it fell, and I chipped one of the melee on the halo. Had the ring for less than 12 hours, and I happened to drop it RIGHT on girdle of one of the halo diamonds. Seriously, what are the chances?!? I guess pretty good with my butterfingers. :mad: Argh! I was soo bummed, but I'm just glad I didn't chip my actual center stone. I talked to Adam, and he said no problem in fixing it, so it's back in his hands now and should be ready by tomorrow. Their service is AWESOME, and I loved working with them. Highly recommend them! And the ring they made for me is AMAZING and I LOVE IT! So, once I get it back, will post additional pics. For now, cell phone pics for now :)

Wanted to share!

_MG_9213sm.JPG

pinknblueesm1.JPG

pinknblue2.JPG

pinknblue3.JPG

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

pinknblue

Rough_Rock
A few more...

I tried to capture the side detail but came out a little blurry

hand pic

you can kind of see the side diamond detail on the band here

the e-ring and the wedding band separated

That's it for now!

pinknblue4.jpg

pinknblue5.JPG

pinknblue6.jpg

pinknblue7.JPG

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
That's gorgeous!!!! Enjoy your new rings!!!! :appl:

stci

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Great job! Congratulations!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: Adam will receive my ring today!!! Having it reset in a cushion halo.. I also tried on your setting.. loved it too!!! So many choices such beautiful work... it's stunning :love: :love: !!! ENJOY!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love: I love how it works so well with the matching wedding band, too!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - can you say blingy?! :sun:

Glad the fix is no problem - and even more glad it wasn't the centerstone!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a beautiful setting! I truly love it! The band goes perfect with it and gives it a awesome amount of bling. love love love.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great reset!!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous reset!!!!! I'm sorry you dropped it but luckily it will be fixed quickly!

pinknblue

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! You all have such gorgeous rings, and I appreciate all the inspirations :)

I'll have the ring back by tomorrow (I'm back in LA then - live in Northern Cal), so maybe can post more detail shots then. I didn't realize that shared prongs could scratch until after I had ordered the setting, so just ordered a 1mm spacer that will hopefully protect the rings.

Mayk - I'm excited to see your reset! I thought about the cushion too, and ended up choosing the round. But the cushion should be gorgeous!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a transformation! Your new ring is stunning!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set, I love the split shank :))
It looks great on your hand!

ladybugbella

Rough_Rock
Hi there -- I came across your post after doing a search on Sareen halo. I too love this same setting, your ring is gorgeous! I am inquiring about using an existing oval center stone I have in this setting. I am curious to know more about the modifications you did to 'hold a little bit bigger diamonds so that all you would see were diamonds with little metal'. Can you share more specifics with me? I have not yet had the opportunity to see or try on the original setting in person. Thanks!

pinknblue

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! The reset takes some getting used to because I'm so used to wearing my other ring. My old setting was high set, so it really showcased my diamond. Although not completely eye clean (only I noticed it though), the diamond is beautifully cut and sparkles like crazy. I would get comments about the diamond quite a bit. But now that it's set in the halo with the pave - the entire rings sparkles like crazy and doesn't really showcase the diamond anymore. It's more about the entire ring sparkling and not just the center diamond - if that makes sense - so takes some getting used to when I look at it. Which I'm so not complaining about :D - just that it's very different. I did get a compliment on the ring the first day I wore it from a random stranger who said "wow... you're husband must LOVE you - that's a beauty" - and it made me blush, but it was nice! And then a few hours later, I dropped it on tile. So anyway - random thoughts. Love the new setting and just learning to wear this amount blingage - which is cool with me!! Oh, and I wore it while carrying around my son and no worries on poking his eye out! It definitely works for me! It's not as high set as my original ring, so definitely getting less caught on things - which is great!

pinknblue

Rough_Rock
Hi ladybugbella! They can definitely design around an oval - I went through quite a few of their samples, and they make settings around the stone that you own, and they were all beautiful.

I think he just went slightly larger than the sample I tried on that had 1.5mm in the band and 1.4mm in the halo - I just went a tad bit bigger with 1.6mm in the band and 1.5mm in the halo. Not a huge huge difference, but I did want to go slightly higher - but not too much that it overpowered my 1.5 center. That's pretty much the only modification I did. I did have the option of making a different design under the prongs (I don't know what that's called -crown?)... but chose to go with the original design. Also, they really put a lot of care into their rings so that the diamonds are secure. I expressed to them that I know pave diamonds have a tendency to fall out - and they said they put extreme care into securing the stones into their rings so that you don't have that issue. They also will replace the pave if it falls out, but they will make it so that you don't have that problem in the first place. They really are geared towards customer service, so I appreciated that! Just relaying my conversation and experience with them!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous reset and especially good that your precious baby is protected! Enjoy the blingage!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ladybugbella.... This is my Original Post where I was sent samples by Sareen.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-me-choose.159715/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-me-choose.159715/[/URL]

They are also doing my reset... I ended up going with the cushion in a single shank versus the split... I am including both my posts as I
went through the process... on choosing my reset... I am so excited. I get mine back next Friday... 5/20. The suspense is killing me!!!

My design.. before my final changes:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-preview.160340/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-preview.160340/[/URL]

They have been fabulous.. unlike pinkblue I have been working with a jeweler who handles their line out of Seattle Emma Parker. I was also looking at a Stardust setting he told me this one for less money had superior craftsmanship compared to the one I like and it was almost $700 less.... Tim Andres... he's awesome...

pinknblue

Rough_Rock
Mayk - love it! Can't wait to see your reset!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkblue...it's here and Adam did an amazing job... more pictures later for SMTB... but thought I would post a quick one... he really is very talented...

the ring...Sareen.JPG

pinknblue

Rough_Rock
OMGGG! LOVE!! :love: :love: :appl: :appl:

The cushion halo is gorgeous!!!!!

pinknblue

Rough_Rock
I got my 1mm spacer, and thought I'd post a quick pic of the rings with the spacer for those that might be interested in seeing how it looks together (I searched tons of spacer pics when I was trying to decide whether or not to get one)

To be honest, with the wedding band, it's actually a LOT of bling, and almost has the center stone kind of blend in with everything else. I love that look for going to big events (lots of bling) but for daily wear, really love the e-ring by itself. The center "pops" and it's super sparkly and pretty. I am in love with this ring :)

Anyway... that's all the pics I have for now. I'm getting the ring appraised later today for insurance purposes, and hopefully can put better pics than these cell phone ones later. I haven't had a chance to take out my camera and do any macro shots - but hope to do it soon:). Just thought I'd share a spacer pic!

photo-41.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE IT!!! :love: :love: I ordered one too.. thinking there would be times when I would need (not want) to leave my E-ring at home.. I actually ordered a 3 mm... I thought I would use it sometimes to stack with just my wedding bands which are also eternity bands... so always a nice lessblingful (is that a word :read: ) option..

I am so in love with this ring.. I have to be careful when I am driving not to stare at the steering wheel!!!!

Your set is so beautiful..choosing from his sets were sooooo difficult... I am so amazed at the quality of the work versus my previous set!!!

pinknblue

Rough_Rock
I know what you mean - I love how the ring is crafted. My hand just sparkles when I wear the ring(s) and I really love that all you see are mainly the diamonds in this setting. It's very different from my other set (channel set - which I loved too)... just a lot more sparkles everywhere. :love:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks lovely!

We have not ever had any posts about this company on PS before, and now two in such a short time! Small world I guess!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer....how I found him was so wild.. I was so unhappy with my setting and my experience.. it's all been recapped here.. an EGL stone and then traded up and the setting was losing stones.. so I started doing research.. I looked at so many settings but I was trying to replace mine with something as close as possible.. I found a setting by "Stardust" I liked.. so I started talking to a jeweler that carried them in Seattle.. Emma Parker (Tim)..then on his site I saw Sareen and started asking questions.. I still made a business trip to Nashville and visited the jeweler that carried Stardust so I could see it live.. and I looked at Verriago there too and at my hometown jeweler I studied Mark Patterson, Percision and Ratani... so I looked at all I could find.. but when I started asking about Sareen the jeweler just raved and said his work was some of the best he had ever seen.. so I put down a deposit because there isn't a jeweler close to me or where I travel a lot for business (Cleveland, Charlotte, Nashville, Memphis, Austin...) and he sent me settings to look at... I fell in love.. the craftsmanship was wonderful and I had looked at a bunch up close and personal... I do have to say.. I have never seen a JbEG (who I also asked for a quote.. I love her stuff..her website is also a weakness for me... I visit often) nor have I seen a LM or SK live... but compared to what I had seen.. Sareen was a winner.. I am more than pleaseed.. I often wonder if someone might think I work for them because I am so happy with my experience.. I will just tell you our first experience ring and stone was so bad.. and we felt taken.. and were forced to upgrade at the same place..(I am sure we paid too much but it was the price of playing) Tim & Adam were a breath of fresh air to deal with... so..long story.. but that's it.. I live in North Florida.. and found the jeweler on line.. in Seattle (my mom lives there.. so I figured...worse case I send her over if things headed south)... and then he led me to Sareen...

If you check my posts.. I was the sad sack.. that thought the 4 C's were the important things.. I didn't realize the 5th C' Certificate was more important until I had an EGL Belgium stone that apprasied three color grades lower and one clarity level lower.. this started my mission on pricescope.. from there I have now bought OEC earrings... and my FI has upgraded my stone and my setting.. this is a bad place for FI checkbook!!!! :read: :read: but we are learning.. I am now working on my next project too... matching Sareen bands to replace the ones we got originally with the first setting.. and a sapphire for my original setting.. I am keeping it.. it will always be sentimental....

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am glad you love your new ring may :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results