shape
carat
color
clarity

halo earrings :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am very happy as I took a chance and placed my first order from blue nile for halo studs that I have been wanting to get for some time now. I contacted several vendors and could not beat the price and quality that blue nile offered especially with the 20% discount for the holidays. We drove to the beach house today and waited for delivery this AM and it arrived a short while ago. I am quite pleased with them and cannot wait to wear them! These are my very first stud earrings and I think they will become a staple in my jewelry wardrobe. :appl:

As you all know by now I am perhaps the worst photographer of jewelry ever. Part of that could be due to the fact that I only have my smartphone to use and I apologize but I guess crappy photos are better than no photos. And I promise if I ever get a camera I will retake all my photos of my jewelry!

2011-12-17 11.21.08.jpg

2011-12-17 11.22.37.jpg

2011-12-17 11.26.11.jpg

2011-12-17 11.28.17.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, Missy!!! Can't wait to see them on your ears! They look lovely and substantial. Very nice choice - and that BN deal was pretty sweet too! I didn't partake in anything but I sure drooled a lot when surfing their site!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're absolutely beautiful missy, I really love them! Hope we can see ear shots! It's going to be so much fun wearing these during the holiday season! Getting new bling is just so awesome.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Enerchi and Junebug! I really researched my options and I love the halo to stud ratio with this choice. It was a bigger stud/smaller halo vs the other BN choice. So while it was more expensive it was worth it I think (for me at least).

It is really difficult getting your own ear shots with your smartphone but here are two really ugly ear shots (and one more profile shot)...so sorry but I figured it might give some perspective. I just finished working out when the earrings arrived so my hair is a total mess but wanted to get some photos to my fellow PSers as you are all so generous with sharing yours!

ETA: ugh, my ears are so ugly! I should have showered first before sharing ear photos right after my workout LOL :knockout:

2011-12-17 11.22.13.jpg

uglyearshot2.jpg

uglyearphotohalostuds.jpg

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
They are very pretty and a great size on you. :appl: Would you mind sharing the size, color of the stones? Enjoy! :wavey:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
they're perfect!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Smashing! Very nice choice! Wear them in health.

cheers--Sharon

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Missy! They are perfect for your ears! You look amazing in them ... well... your ear lobe does!! hahahaha!!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
very gorgeous! :love:

tigian

Ideal_Rock
They look really pretty on you, Missy! :love: :love: :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha, thanks again Enerchi.
Thank you sharon, violet, minmin, tigian and taylorbug!

Taylorbug here is the info:

18 K white gold micropave earrings containing 36 micro-pave set round brilliant cut diamonds weighing .15 carats. Their clarity is VS2 and color is H. The main earring studs are two 4 prong set round brilliant cut diamonds weighing an estimate total of .98 carats. Their clarity is SI2 and color H. The diameter of the earrings is listed as 7.95 mm but when I measure it with my calipers it is just over 8 mm and I am very pleased with the size on me. :appl:

I was concerned about the color as I am very color sensitive and while they are not as white as my ER I don't think I notice it on my ear(s) and it is difficult to notice when I am holding them so it is a high H IMO. I called them about the clarity before I ordered them and they assured me the earrings were eye clean from at least 6 inches away and I have to agree. I do not see any inclusions even much closer so I am pleased and I am keeping them. I would not have ordered them without a return period as when ordering sight unseen it is too risky for me otherwise.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1324145994|3083528 said:
Hahaha, thanks again Enerchi.
Thank you sharon, violet, minmin, tigian and taylorbug!

Taylorbug here is the info:

18 K white gold micropave earrings containing 36 micro-pave set round brilliant cut diamonds weighing .15 carats. Their clarity is VS2 and color is H. The main earring studs are two 4 prong set round brilliant cut diamonds weighing an estimate total of .98 carats. Their clarity is SI2 and color H. The diameter of the earrings is listed as 7.95 mm but when I measure it with my calipers it is just over 8 mm and I am very pleased with the size on me. :appl:

I was concerned about the color as I am very color sensitive and while they are not as white as my ER I don't think I notice it on my ear(s) and it is difficult to notice when I am holding them so it is a high H IMO. I called them about the clarity before I ordered them and they assured me the earrings were eye clean from at least 6 inches away and I have to agree. I do not see any inclusions even much closer so I am pleased and I am keeping them. I would not have ordered them without a return period as when ordering sight unseen it is too risky for me otherwise.

They look very large! Well done! JMHO--the color and clarity you choose for earrings is "perfect". Anyone who is THAT close to your ears inspecting your jewels--other than your Mom or DH--is just too close! No one could see any inclusion unless they have those XRay glasses purchased from the back of comic books.... :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

dani13

Ideal_Rock
OH WOW, these are so gorgeous!!! Love them on you!!! ENJOY!!! :love: :love: :appl: :appl:

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous earrings! They look terrific (and big!) in your ears!

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! They look perfect on you!!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous earrings and they look amazing on you.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
They're beautiful! And the size looks perfect on you!

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
Perfect! I LOVE them!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, Missy!!! :love: I love the delicate halos! In fact, I'd love some just like that with sapphires. Do the settings and diamonds come separately or are the diamonds preset?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks again Sharon- I like the image of those comic book x-ray glasses LOL. :bigsmile:

Thank you dani, alene, tuffyluvr, sparkly, stargurl, auntkiki, diamondseeker. I have never bought stud earrings before because I never thought of myself as a stud earring type of gal but these are perfect for me.

diamondseeker, Blue Nile does offer a choice to choose your own diamonds with a preset halo and that is also a lovely option. I just loved this ready made option so I didn't go that route. They also offer sapphire earrings with a diamond halo so that might be something you would be interested in. I have never purchased from them before so cannot comment on their colored stone quality but they do offer a 30 day money back guarantee.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Missy! I have seen their sapphire earrings and wondered about the quality. I might be too scared not to pick my own sapphires, but it might be worth ordering them just to see since they can be returned. I want to catch one of their sales, though!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
SparklyOEC|1324154804|3083602 said:
Gorgeous earrings and they look amazing on you.

Sorry to go off topic here....

Sparkley OEC is that a black and tan shiba in your picture?!?!?!

SC86

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! I love how delicate the halo is! And they look great on you! :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I just love your halo studs! They really look terrific! Fabulous choice, the perfect amount of bling. :love: Enjoy them!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you SC86 and Laila! No problem Sarah- I like off topics. Oh wait, you said off topic. :cheeky:
Sparkly, your dog is beautiful- please share details!

Hi diamondseeker- they are having 20% off sales every day though the holidays on different pieces. Also, I think they are still having a 10% sale on anything you choose to buy with the code GIFT41. I *think* that code is still working. I had my eye on these earrings for a long time but kept dragging my feet since I wasn't sure I really would wear studs and when they went on 20% off sale I could not resist- especially because their return policy is so generous.

I am not sure about their colored stone quality. I would definitely call and speak with them before you purchase in any case to find out what you can. I don't love their pics of the earrings as they are minimal and not true to life and that did make my decision a bit more difficult but in the end I decided to go ahead because of the return policy.

It's fun shopping anyway- I think that is the part I enjoy (almost) the most. The thrill of the hunt. Though receiving and enjoying the purchase is really great too. :bigsmile: Now I have to figure out my next (affordable) obsession and start searching all over. I really love the endless perusing/searching for the next acquisition! :Up_to_something:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats is very nice!!

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock
Your earrings are beautiful Missy! They are so versatile, too. Congrats and enjoy wearing these sparkles this holiday season. :appl:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh Missy and DS, now you really have my wheels turning!!! I would love a pair of sapphire halos like DS mentioned!!! I see them there, and with the 10% off it may just be worth ordering and seeing what happens. I wonder too about the quality of the sapphires, and since I really know nothing about these stones, I don't really even know what to ask and what makes them good quality or not. If I call, what should I ask them? Thanks!!!! (sorry to hijack, Missy)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those earrings look fabulous on you Missy! You made an excellent choice - love them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results