shape
carat
color
clarity

Halo Advice! To get, or not to get?

Ashlee302

Rough_Rock
So I have a cute, little, solitaire engagement ring that is a princess cut and .43 carats. I also have a picture of my wedding band with it, but we aren't married yet so I don't have it quite yet. We've been engaged about 6 months and I have been seeing halo settings all over this site and it makes me want one so bad. My question is, would a halo setting be a bit much for my little .43 ct or no? Also do you guys know where they send them at a reasonable cost? Kind of just want a little more excitement in my ring. I would like one with a halo and small diamonds going down the side.

photo.JPG

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
You could halo it, but I think your set is beautiful as it is.

Personally, if I had that stone and I decided to halo it I would do a halo with a plain shank. The contrast between the plain shank and the channel set wedding band would be nice.

EDIT: Also, if you go with a pave setting for the e-ring you'll probably want a different wedding band.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
mrswahs|1306511565|2931704 said:
You could halo it, but I think your set is beautiful as it is.

Personally, if I had that stone and I decided to halo it I would do a halo with a plain shank. The contrast between the plain shank and the channel set wedding band would be nice.

EDIT: Also, if you go with a pave setting for the e-ring you'll probably want a different wedding band.

ooh a plain shank halo would be lovely!!!

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
Ah- the age old question: To halo, or not to halo.

Personally, I love your ring as is ( but I too am slightly biased- I love me some solitaires). Also, truthfully, I'm just not crazy about princess halo's- just my op.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
confusedaisy|1306551551|2932189 said:
Ah- the age old question: To halo, or not to halo.

Personally, I love your ring as is ( but I too am slightly biased- I love me some solitaires). Also, truthfully, I'm just not crazy about princess halo's- just my op.

Agreed. I prefer princess solitaires to halos. And as often as I see princess e-rings, it seems like I don't see them as solitaires that much in real life. Most of my friends who are engaged/married seem to have a princess, and I don't think any of them are solitaires.

Still, it's your ring, and if a halo is what you truly love, then you should absolutely do it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That size stone really gets a size boost from a halo, so I vote halo!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote to halo too!!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a halo would be lovely... but I own one.. so I think I might be biased... just a bit

Ashlee302

Rough_Rock
What is a plain shank halo?? and thank you for all the advice everyone! I really appreciate it!

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Ashlee, a plain shank is when the band doesn't have diamonds on it. For example, like this.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I can't tell from the picture if you have a trestle (or "X") prong style, but if you have a peg head on there your jeweler can actually get a halo peg from Adwar and just change out the head of the ring, add the little round diamonds, and viola! You have a halo style, don't have as much as an expense since the shank (ring part) is the same. :)

I think your stone would look very cool in a halo. I'm a big fan of them myself.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love a good halo, so I vote yes!

For great prices, you can check out www.eternitydiamonds.com or www.adiamor.com . Both have really affordable settings, so you can try one without investing a ton of money.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results