shape
carat
color
clarity

Halloween weekend

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I think the date sounds wonderful! Actually, FI''s brother is planning on getting married a year after we do and they mentioned a Halloween wedding. I am so hoping they do this
9.gif
It could be really elegant and rich feeling with lovely fall colors, or it could be more fun and light hearted. but I think that it goes with all weddings, no matter the time.

I agree with the suggestion of having fun candy bags, or maybe even a candy table, etc... though I personally would love a caramel or candy apple
18.gif

just have fun with it and kudos to you and bf/fi for thinking ahead and being considerate to all your out of town guests, including the kids!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 6:52:45 PM
Author: swedish bean
Good grief.

I knew I was going to marry FI within the first month of meeting him. We started talking marriage a few months in, and he proposed around our 2.5 year mark. I showed him a billion rings, talked about the venue, picked out several dates for him to choose from-- and all before he had a ring.

When he had the ring- which I mostly picked out
28.gif
he let me see it a few times until he proposed. I tried it on a few times. Did it freak him out? Nah. Could it freak out guys? Sure... but not my guy! If you would've asked him if I freaked him out, he would've laughed at you and would've told you to lighten up.

Point being? You are completely out of line and I think you're the one that needs the wake-up call...just because YOU wouldn't do something in YOUR relationship doesn't mean squat (especially since it had nothing to do with the topic at hand!!!)

I really think that if they are planning to do a wedding in 9 months, it's probably a very very very good thing that they are discussing the date now.

Are you also against women proposing to men too?
The way PA went about saying what she did may have been tactless, but I agree with her (though I stated my POV in the LIW thread in which UnderBlue started regarding planning a wedding before a proposal).

swedish bean, I'm not sure if you saw the post over in the LIW forum (thread started 2/2/10), but the general gist of it was that though UnderBlue's BF said he wanted an October 2010 wedding, he wasn't taking any steps towards making that happen. She even questioned whether or not this was really going to happen (proposal/wedding). She posted about making herself back off from wedding planning. So this was the angle PA was posting from.

UnderBlue, I'm sorry this thread took a wrong turn, but I do believe PA meant no harm.

ETA: UnderBlue, if you're still considering a Halloween-ish date, I think it's perfectly fine. I wouldn't expect anybody to have a problem with it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results