shape
carat
color
clarity

H Color Radiant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mkleibo

Rough_Rock

I''ve been reading a lot of the color posts listed on this site and I''m getting a little nervous about the ring I just purchased.

Since it seems that most of you agree that a fancy cut diamond, such as a radiant shows more color-- I''m concerned that the diamond I purchased will seem yellow.-- especially since it is on the larger side.

I purchased a 2.15 Radiant Cut (Rectangular: 6.22 x 7.01 x 4.29), H-color, VS1 diamond. Here are some of the specifics:
Depth: 61.2%
Table: 67%
Girdle: Thin to Medium
Cutlet: None
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Length to Width: 1.18
Traditional Depth: 61.2%
Visible Surface Area: 54.8
Adjusted Depth: 56.5%
Ajusted Crown Height 10.0%
Adjusted Pavilion Depth: 45.2%
I believe it is a well cut radiant and am hoping it won''t appear yellow. When I purchased it, I was looking at the stone under bright light. I never saw it in ordinary light. I''m supposed to pay for it this weekend. As of right now the jeweler has a $1,000 deposit...Do you think I should think about stepping the color up to a G? Please any advice will help.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock

Can you see it first? I saw a G Radiant first and have to say I didn''t think it was all that yellow. Consider that it was the first radiant I saw and I am also frighteningly good with color in shaped stones. After putting it next to a D I saw body color.

My honest belief is that if you are someone who doesn''t see many diamonds, and you don''t have a D diamond next to yours, you will have a very hard time seeing body color of a well cut stone. Some say that consumers find it hard to detect stone color all the way down to M, where there is a VISIBLE yellowing.

Don''t worry, this stone may be just what you are looking for, but you have to see it. If it is not, then see what you can do about refunding the deposit. I personally would have put that on an Amex or another credit card, in case of friction, have the credit card company dispute and work for you. But if that''s not the case, make sure you get your cash back, if that''s what you paid. Again, it''s just a matter of checking your own tolerance to color, and you may find it''s absolutely white to you...

Good luck and I hope it turns out well for you!

mkleibo

Rough_Rock
the deposit was put on AMEX...Thanks for your help.

SYR

Rough_Rock
just out of curiosity how much did it cost you? I am looking at a 2.63 G color SI1 for 23K.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results