shape
carat
color
clarity

H&A vs. size?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

abcdefg

Rough_Rock
Trade
On a diamond that is under 1ct, how much of a premium would you give to H&A? Would you drop 0.1-0.15ct lower (for the same price) to get H&A, or would you go with the bigger, 'ideal' cut diamond?

P.S. Assume all other factors are comparable.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 8:11:21 AM
Author:abcdefg
On a diamond that is under 1ct, how much of a premium would you give to H&A? Would you drop 0.1-0.15ct lower (for the same price) to get H&A, or would you go with the bigger, ''ideal'' cut diamond?

Depends on what is your criteria. For me, I like the Arrows patterns on the diamond, so if a non-H&A can exhibit that I am fine with it. You might not care for the pattern or a H&A snob...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On a diamond that is under 1ct, how much of a premium would you give to H&A? Would you drop 0.1-0.15ct lower (for the same price) to get H&A, or would you go with the bigger, 'ideal' cut diamond?

Really depends on your preferences, personally I would go for the larger non H&A assuming the proportions were good, conoisseurs and enthusiasts of H&A precision cut may prefer the pedigree and patterning of the h&a diamond. It is really best in order to know for sure, to view both types in person then you can see exactly what your preferences are.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
On a diamond that is under 1ct, how much of a premium would you give to H&A? Would you drop 0.1-0.15ct lower (for the same price) to get H&A, or would you go with the bigger, ''ideal'' cut diamond?

This may or may not be a decision point for you. For example, in looking for a pair of earrings, should you look for two, non-matched pairs that are similar, and put them together for a savings?

Try to find a diamond with ideal symmetry but only excellent polish to get the savings there.

Often, the H&A comes along with a diamond with otherwise ideal proportions, and it can be challenging to sometimes find an option w/o H&A that you otherwise does meet your approval. Separately, Al from WF has at least once demonstrated you can calculate a zero $ premium for H&A, but this can always be variable.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For under a carat, I would not drop to get H&A branded. Size would rule out at that level.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results