shape
carat
color
clarity

H & A mean the ring is a real diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Was at a BBQ and saw a lovely 1.3-1.7 RB with H & A and channel set side stones. Channel set diamonds in Wedding Band too. Very Very Nice. I wondered if it was on of you folks?

I was wondering if a CZ or other simulated diamond would have the H & A pattern?

Yes I''m new, thanks.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
It certainly could. A diamond only has the H & A pattern because it was cut that way. There's nothing to stop a person from cutting a CZ (or other simulated diamond) in the same pattern. I haven't looked at a lot of fakes so I'm not sure how many would bother doing it though.

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, there are H&As czs. (Signity)
You should be able to detect a H&As diamond with a Loupe via inclusions and laser inscription on the girdle.

Scintillating...

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks. I really liked the H & A look but want a Radiant for my ering upgrade.

So no way to tell a CZ without a loupe?

Maybe a PSer was at that BBQ!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/16/2006 2:10:12 PM
Author:Stone Hunter
Was at a BBQ and saw a lovely 1.3-1.7 RB with H & A and channel set side stones. Channel set diamonds in Wedding Band too. Very Very Nice. I wondered if it was on of you folks?

I was wondering if a CZ or other simulated diamond would have the H & A pattern?

Yes I''m new, thanks.
you can''t see the hearts w/o a H&A scope or when the stone is in a setting.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I just saw the As but figured that it was H & A if I could see As. Since it was in a setting.

Is this correct, or is there another cut that only has As?

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
When you view a precise arrow in the crown of a diamond you are merely seeing 1 pavilion main aligned and reflecting off of 1 other. But for each heart to appear properly in the pavilion requires the precise alignment and reflection of 6 facets. This is why diamonds cut to proven proportions may naturally display arrows: It is very logical for pavilion mains to be aligned with each other as a fundamental of cutting to a tight range. Pavilion patterning is much harder to acquire.

To see illustrations of this, check the 4th-6th posts down in this thread.

Whether this is important depends in part on how 'mind clean' you want the diamond to be: Optical symmetry within top proportions combos optimizes light return through a broad range of lighting conditions - but many near H&A and non H&A diamonds are considered equal in beauty. Also important: Just because a diamond has H&A optical symmetry does not mean its major proportions are the most effective. Proportions details take priority over H&A when doing research.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results