shape
carat
color
clarity

Gypsy''s Wedding! (non-pro photos) highlights

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Disclaimer: I don’t have any additional pictures to share yet. I haven’t gotten any other non-pro pics… so thank god for Violet who is a great photographer, despite disclaimers to the contrary!

But I did want to thank you all for the lovely compliments and answer some questions.

1. The dress is Mon Cheri “Liz.” But it is heavily altered. Liz is a halter, and as you can tell, my altered gown is a V neck, also the ribbon at the waist of Liz was rhinestone studded and I replaced it with a 3 inch wide grosgrain silk ribbon. And finally the skirt was altered to make it slimmer as I didn’t want parts of it caught under grandpa’s scooter.
2. Yes, I was very happy. It was an amazing day, and despite a few minor issues (logistical issues with the venue’s allocation of space for DJ, the wrong cake stand, and my veil flying up and attaching it to every stucco wall at the venue until I just took it off for the reception), completely great.
3. There was one more ‘major’ issue, as Violet alluded. Just after dinner (which was great, and we actually ate!) I went to the restroom and instead of lifting skirt over head, I was overheated and decided to take dress off. Had only one person helping me with it. When we tried to put the dress back on, the zipper got damaged and lost some of its teeth and had would no longer work! Well, handy dandy sewing kit, some talented guests (including our Violet) and 40 minutes later, I was sewn into my dress for the rest of the night. John had to cut me out after the reception. *blushing*
So, brides to be: Pack the emergency kit, and pack it well. I highly recommend safety pins and a sewing kit with multiple needles and lots of white thread.

Other than that, it was an amazing day. And one of the best days of my life… though the day John and I met, still holds the place at the top of that list. This was the ending of one journey—that started the day we met, and the start of another. I’m still getting used to being called wife, and he’s getting used to being called husband. But it’s a really nice transition.

I do recommend also that if you don’t take a honeymoon after your wedding, you take a full week off afterward anyway. I am at work today and still sick and exhausted. Fortunately I have the weekend to look forward to. YAY!

Thank you all for your compliments, I felt really beautiful, and I had a blast, and I was able to mostly ‘let go’ at the wedding and just let things happen. And I REALLY made sure to enjoy our time. I had a day of coordinator, the makeup artist from heaven, and photographers who were on the ball, my entourage… and they all helped me stay focused on having a good time and they handled all the bumps with ease and with minimum stress for us.
My favorite part of the day? Our ceremony. John’s vows just blew me and everyone else out of the water. They were the most amazing vows. And EVERYONE, including me, was sobbing. I want to relive that moment a 100 times. It was just…. Unbelievable. And at that point, wouldn’t have mattered if the flowers were dead, the food was crap, and the weather awful… it was magical. Just his voice and his heart, and his promises. I am very blessed to have such a wonderful husband. Even if he doesn’t smile in non-pro pics. He did smile in our E-pics, and he also smiled for our pro photographers. So hopefully the next pics I share, he will be smiling, instead of looking like he’s going to a funeral. LOL

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
First off, a huge thank-you to Violet for the lovely pictures! I must have been asleep at the helm when the photos were posted. Today, I opened this thread and saw NO PICTURES!! I nearly had a coronary! I felt as if I''d waited "years" for this, only to read posts WITH NO PICTURES!

Enough of my complaints. Here are the compliments: Layla, you looked positively radiant and beautiful. I actually teared up when I saw the picture of you and dear Grandpa on his scooter!!

I had mentioned months ago that the flowers were always the first thing I noticed at a wedding , and they were gorgeous!

Your dear John (I guess my hopes are dashed) looks handsome and distinguished as I knew he would. The only difference between my imagination and reality is the shaved head which looks good on him.

I can only imagine his vows after you wrote about the engraving inside your e-ring. If memory serves, the words were "forever my love" which blew me away at the time.

I wish you and John many, many years of wedded bliss! You pulled it off, Layla, and did yourself proud!
30.gif
35.gif

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy, you look amazingly beautiful! Those flowers are TDF!!! I wish you every happiness!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Gypsy everything was so beautiful and I can''t wait to see more, but I wanted to tell you I laughed so hard when you said John wouldn''t smile for the pro photos! My *Husband* was smiling at the pro photog and posing! It was driving me crazy because I wanted "artsy,photojournalistic shots" and I kept telling him not to look at the camera, and "get rid of that dopey grin." And guess who ended up looking great in the pictures? I, on the other hand looked like I was going to a funeral as you say, in many of the shots.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Just read your message Gypsy and when I got to the part about the vows it made me cry!
4.gif
I am so glad the day went well with only minor hitches (aside from the dress sewing, hehe) can't wait to see the pro pics..have a great weekend and try to get some rest!
5.gif

ETA: And I almost forgot..congratulations and huge best wishes to you and John!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay... here''s proof he doesn''t ALWAYS look like he''s a hitman.

WIth my mom at the rehearsal luncheon.

Gypsy J&M rehers.JPG

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Yeah he is smiling there! Don''t worry my FI does the same thing. I am "teaching" him how to smile in photos before the wedding.
20.gif
He was smiling in like only one of his college graduation photos..he''s so serious-looking!
6.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Funny expression on my face... but I did promise to post them as I got them.

Gypsy Aisle323.JPG

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Gypsy!!!
You looked gorgeous!
36.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, you looked beautiful in your photos and your event turned out lovely. The lace on your dress is fantastic, btw!!
30.gif

Wonderful photos Violet, thank you for posting!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, your mom is a knockout! And her bling is pretty spectacular as well.
36.gif

She must like John too!!
36.gif
35.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/25/2008 1:20:19 PM
Author: Gypsy

My favorite part of the day? Our ceremony. John’s vows just blew me and everyone else out of the water. They were the most amazing vows. And EVERYONE, including me, was sobbing. I want to relive that moment a 100 times. It was just…. Unbelievable. And at that point, wouldn’t have mattered if the flowers were dead, the food was crap, and the weather awful… it was magical. Just his voice and his heart, and his promises. I am very blessed to have such a wonderful husband. Even if he doesn’t smile in non-pro pics. He did smile in our E-pics, and he also smiled for our pro photographers. So hopefully the next pics I share, he will be smiling, instead of looking like he’s going to a funeral. LOL

Oh Gypsy, reading that gave me the biggest goosebumps! I''m so happy for you and hubby. You looked sooo radiant and glowy (my aunt would say you''re *gasp* pregnant...atleast that''s what she thought was up when I got engaged!!). Loved your hair down, so flowy and pretty.

and hey....YOU''RE MARRIED!!!!!
19.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I am late to this thread becuase I''ve been out of town all week, but CONGRATULATIONS!!! I wish you and your darling hubby many many years of marital bliss!

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
Aww you look so beautiful and exuberant. All your hard work paid off. I''m so happy for you and John.

Congratulations, what a beautiful wedding and gorgeous flowers.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Actually I wanted to add that hearing John''s vows made me decide that my FI and I should be writing our own vows and not using the ''canned'' ones that we''d originally picked. They truly were amazing and inspiring! And more than one person at the wedding commented on what a personal touch doing their own vows added to the ceremony.

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 4:31:58 PM
Author: violet02
Actually I wanted to add that hearing John''s vows made me decide that my FI and I should be writing our own vows and not using the ''canned'' ones that we''d originally picked. They truly were amazing and inspiring! And more than one person at the wedding commented on what a personal touch doing their own vows added to the ceremony.

First off, Violet, thanks for sharing your pictures and thoughts.

I want to hear John''s vows now!

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
so pretty! yay for a gorgeous day!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, did I miss the pro pics or are they not ready yet? I loved looking at them again just now!
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Skippy,

We booked our photographers 3 years ago and that's when we signed the contract and put the deposit down... and long story short I get hard copy photo proofs at 12 weeks (DECEMBER) and digitals at 6 months (FEBRUARY). And with everything it occurred to me to negotiate and manage... I didn't occur to me to re-negotiate that. SO... no, I have no pro-pics. Not even one. And probably won't until late December. AND even then they won't be digitals.

My bad. But well, my photographers basically honored my 3 year old price qoute and re-instated my old deposit, and I was so happy that I was saving so much $$ and getting great photographers that I loved that well... I did realize HOW LONG that was to wait.

And according to our guests, they were having too much fun to take pics... so THANK GOD for Violet, because her's (posted here) are the best I have so far.

So... um, it's gonna be a while.
7.gif

MY GREAT THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO RESPONDED, AND COMPLIMENTED AND ENTHUSED AND SHARED OUR JOY! ((HUGS)) We're MARRIED! Finally!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results