shape
carat
color
clarity

Gypsy, Niel, others: what do you think of this marquise?

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Hi all, I waffled on a JbG stone and that sold. Niel posted a lovely old cut marquise on JA that got snapped up. What do you guys think of this stone Grace has now in the presage (it is on hold! But I need to let her know ASAP. Any thoughts are most welcome!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLWzyWBAu1M/?hl=en

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Gypsy, Niel, others: what do you think of this marquise

Well I'm just the tiniest bit mad at you because I suggest that stone TWICE before it was sold. :wink2:

I don't love that one she has because it seems to be shallow. Seems like it windows easily just north and south of the culet.

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock

I know, you should be! I didn't realize when you first posted that it was an antique cut so I just glanced at it! When you post d it a second time I waited too long. I am bummed! Thanks for the feedback on this stone. Something does seem odd to me on the video North and south of the cutlet so I am glad you explained that and it isn't just skew on the video.

E B

Ideal_Rock

lilysweet|1476228267|4085903 said:
Hi all, I waffled on a JbG stone and that sold. Niel posted a lovely old cut marquise on JA that got snapped up. What do you guys think of this stone Grace has now in the presage (it is on hold! But I need to let her know ASAP. Any thoughts are most welcome!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLWzyWBAu1M/?hl=en

Was it this one? Because it says it's for sale again (FWIW, maybe it was just on hold):

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/marquise-cut/1.00-carat-i-color-vs2-clarity-sku-769643

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock

I just saw that! I went back to say hi to it again and noticed it is no longer sold! Ok, so now that it is back on the table so to say, what do you th No about the area in the middle where it isn't as lively? If that is the correct description? How noticeable will that be irl?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lilysweet|1476234180|4085957 said:
I just saw that! I went back to say hi to it again and noticed it is no longer sold! Ok, so now that it is back on the table so to say, what do you th No about the area in the middle where it isn't as lively? If that is the correct description? How noticeable will that be irl?
It's lively in the center the facets are just larger.

Honestly buy it get it home and look at it. It's free shipping to and back if you don't want to keep it.

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock

I am giving that strong consideration. I don't NEED a marquise right now. It has been on my wish list and I would like one that is an antique. That is why this one is sooo appealing. I am NOT an aficionado. As marquise go, how does this one rank for you? Is it a don't miss? Also, the JbG stone in the video I posted has strong white flourescence. What impact does that have?

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel|1476234421|4085959 said:
lilysweet|1476234180|4085957 said:
It's lively in the center the facets are just larger.

Honestly buy it get it home and look at it. It's free shipping to and back if you don't want to keep it.
+1

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

There's no need to even ship it, you can reserve it for free. It is still up for grabs. You have nothing to lose by reserving it while you think about it.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Seriously, buy it! I love the faceting and the color. A perfect little number.

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock

Ok, I made the leap and purchased the JA marquise! I will post photos when I receive it. Thanks for the help! , :dance:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lilysweet|1476327129|4086469 said:
Ok, I made the leap and purchased the JA marquise! I will post photos when I receive it. Thanks for the help! , :dance:

yaaaas

fingers crossed it works out, if not, oh well!

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for keeping an eye open for alternatives starry! I saw that one on LT. It is pretty but not the shape for me. Niel, you are an enabler! I will post pics hopefully soon for more advice. Thx!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results