shape
carat
color
clarity

Gurhan 24K Blue Flash Moonstone Necklace & Earrings

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've had this set for about 8 years, and I love the saturation! Gurhan is a Turkish designer who trains his bench jewelers to forge from pure, work-hardened 24K gold. They fuse instead of solder, and every part is done by hand. I was told that the clasp, which is unique, contains some platinum for strength. I wear the necklace more often than the earrings, but my husband wanted me to get the earrings, too, so I didn't argue. ;-)

Some photos are in shade and others are in direct sunlight. Without further ado...

image_798.jpg

image_799.jpg

image_800.jpg

image_801.jpg

image_802.jpg

image_803.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that's gorgeous. VERY luxe!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Jambalaya|1464616073|4038056 said:
Wow, that's gorgeous. VERY luxe!

Thanks, Jambalaya! :)

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Wow wow wow! Gorgeous. The use of 24K is amazing. I'd love to wear those pieces :)

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And there's no issue with the 24k being too soft?

Gurhan is an amazing brand. Lucky you to have such substantial pieces from there! These really have the wow factor. Reminds me of Cleopatra/Roman style.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline, I LOVE these pieces. Gorgeous and what a blue. :love: :love: :love:
Against the rich buttery 24k gold it is breathtaking. :love:
Looks beautiful on you.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you, maccers and missy!

Jambalaya, the 24k is work hardened. See the tiny hammer marks all over it? Hammering, rolling, and other forging techniques compress the structure of the metal and make it more dense.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I love high carat yellow gold, so yummy and luxurious. It looks amazing with the striking blue and the hammered detail on the gold is beautiful!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are STUNNING! How beautiful! These are the sorts of pieces that make a collection personal and unique.

Gorgeous, Tourmaline!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you, JDDN and mrs-blop! :)

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline|1464619939|4038075 said:
Thank you, maccers and missy!

Jambalaya, the 24k is work hardened. See the tiny hammer marks all over it? Hammering, rolling, and other forging techniques compress the structure of the metal and make it more dense.

I see. Interesting!

Ca we have ear shots?? :appl:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Jambalaya|1464625832|4038133 said:
Ca we have ear shots?? :appl:

I tried a million times to get a decent one, and I couldn't seem to do it.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline, super luxe pieces. Awesome that you wear it often. You should post these in the gold jewelry thread on the gold pieces thread in the jewelry forum.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Tourmaline. I almost never visit here, but Jambalaya let me know that she had posted some pieces in high karat gold (which I love), so I came to SMTB to see them. When I noticed "Gurhan" in your thread name, I had to take an peek and was very glad that I did! I love Gurhan, and also Yossi Harari, and own a number of pieces of jewelry by him. I think that your set is really beautiful. If you have not yet seen it, please take a look at The Gold Thread. Although The Gold Thread has not been very active lately, you might also want to repost photos of your Gurhan set there. People do go there when they want to view high karat gold and your set is definitely worth seeing!

The Gold Thread...[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-have-a-favorite-gold-designer.29197/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-have-a-favorite-gold-designer.29197/[/URL]

All the best,
Deb/AGBF

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks, LLJsmom!

AGBF|1464628544|4038169 said:
Hi, Tourmaline. I almost never visit here, but Jambalaya let me know that she had posted some pieces in high karat gold (which I love), so I came to SMTB to see them. When I noticed "Gurhan" in your thread name, I had to take an peek and was very glad that I did! I love Gurhan, and also Yossi Harari, and own a number of pieces of jewelry by him. I think that your set is really beautiful. If you have not yet seen it, please take a look at The Gold Thread. Although The Gold Thread has not been very active lately, you might also want to repost photos of your Gurhan set there. People do go there when they want to view high karat gold and your set is definitely worth seeing!

The Gold Thread...[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-have-a-favorite-gold-designer.29197/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-have-a-favorite-gold-designer.29197/[/URL]

All the best,
Deb/AGBF

Hi, Deb! I just posted in the thread. I had looked for it, but couldn't find it, so thanks for the link! Yossi Harari's pieces have a nice, organic feel, too. Lovely stuff!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After I finish reading replies here in SMTB, I will go to see what you wrote in The Gold Thread! I'm so glad you posted there, Tourmaline!

Deb :wavey:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
AGBF|1464640534|4038233 said:
After I finish reading replies here in SMTB, I will go to see what you wrote in The Gold Thread! I'm so glad you posted there, Tourmaline!

Deb :wavey:

Well, I pretty much posted exactly the same text and photos there, hee hee.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline, maybe someone else could take the ear shots for us! :naughty:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good Lord those are beautiful :love: Look amazing on too, great buy! :appl:

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks, azstonie!

Jambalaya|1464642356|4038251 said:
Tourmaline, maybe someone else could take the ear shots for us! :naughty:

Haha! I will see if my daughter can do it tomorrow. :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, love the colour of the moonstones, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
Holy cow! Those are amazing! So beautiful.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow they are beautiful!!!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you, DK, lorrissey and arkieb1!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous!!! :love: I love Gurhan pieces, and this is one of the prettiest sets I have ever seen!

Oh, and the trick to taking pictures of earrings is to go in your bathroom and then you can see the image from your phone camera in the mirror. :))

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
diamondseeker2006|1464655764|4038316 said:
Fabulous!!! :love: I love Gurhan pieces, and this is one of the prettiest sets I have ever seen!

Oh, and the trick to taking pictures of earrings is to go in your bathroom and then you can see the image from your phone camera in the mirror. :))

Thanks, DS! I just tried your suggestion, and I'm afraid the pictures were not at all flattering to my ear or the side of my face, haha! Sorry, I'm vain! And the lighting wasn't right for the moonstone, either.

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful pieces. I love the blue. :love: :love:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Gurhan jewelry. There's nothing like the buttery richness of 24k yellow gold and those moonstone have such amazing blue sheen to them. You must feel like a queen wearing them! Thank you so much for sharing!! :love:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Amazing! The moonstones are very blue and gorgeous, thank you for sharing!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Those are just beautiful! The color is just, wow!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results