shape
carat
color
clarity

Guess what??? My blue-green tourmaline is all set and here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
BEG - I LOVE it! It''s such a gorgeous colour and looks great in that setting!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woah, that''s one huge ring; the finger coverage is very much like my spessartite ring. What''s your finger size? What''s the stone size?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2009 10:08:34 PM
Author: cellentani
Date: 4/12/2009 8:10:09 PM

Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

Date: 4/12/2009 8:38:21 AM

I looooooove this ring!!! I have liked this setting for a long time (and am a little surprised that I don''t have one yet), and your tourmaline looks fabulous - they are perfect together!! Now I''m scrambling to think of a holiday where I might justify getting that setting. Hmm, mother''s day is next month...

LOL about the BF noticing your larger rings - I guess any ER will need to live up to the new status quo...

I guess I completely missed your NZ vacation - how long were you gone? And did you like the Kindle?

Aw thank you Cellentani! I was wondering where you were - I wasn''t sure if I had just missed you in threads since I was gone too! Yes, Mother''s Day is coming up! I think your kids should pitch in and get you the setting
2.gif

I was gone for 2 weeks - the vacation was absolutely amazing! I should start a thread with some pics - although how I''ll decide which to post I don''t know (I came back with a LOT of pictures). The Kindle was fabulous - such a great buy and totally worth it I think. Just not having to deal with a dozen books was great, and the battery charge lasted forever with the wireless off. Are you thinking of getting one? Where''ve you been the last few weeks?

You should definitely start a thread - I''d love to see your NZ pics!! And uh, I wasn''t out of town or anything fabulous - I just gave up PS for Lent (and it was quite a sacrifice too - I missed it much more than I thought I would and often wondered what everyone was up to); I tried to use the time to do other things, like volunteering more at my kids'' school and preparing more home-cooked meals. It was good for me, but I''m so happy to be back! Hey, I think I have a question about your trio of stack rings - I''m gonna try to find your thread so I don''t off-topic this one (but I may have done that already).
]

You''re a much stronger woman than I! I didn''t give up PS for Lent but I did plan to take a small break while I was in NZ...but I ended up reading threads anyway when we went to internet cafes every few days
3.gif
I''ll start a thread soon - but it''ll definitely take awhile figuring out which pictures to post. I just picked out 120 to send my mom and grandma - which isn''t bad for a 2 week trip and over 1500 pictures (mine alone, BF had 500). I don''t think anyone wants to see a thread that long!
3.gif
And feel free to ask about the stackers!
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2009 10:09:37 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
BEG - I LOVE it! It''s such a gorgeous colour and looks great in that setting!

Thank you Lauren! I still aspire to your halo collection
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2009 11:11:15 PM
Author: Chrono
Woah, that''s one huge ring; the finger coverage is very much like my spessartite ring. What''s your finger size? What''s the stone size?

lol no kidding! I thought it was going to be a bit smaller than my garnet halo, which is pretty big on its own, but it came out even bigger. The stone 6.6 mm (my garnet is 7 mm), and my finger size is a 3.5. Definitely can''t go bigger than that - I can''t imagine how big the ring would''ve been if I had stayed with the original 8x8 design and put my 7.9 mm tourm in there instead.
23.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it''s spectacular!! Talk about finger coverage!
30.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 4:06:32 AM
Author: DandiAndi
Wow, it''s spectacular!! Talk about finger coverage!
30.gif

Thanks DandiAndi!
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2009 10:08:34 PM
Date: 4/12/2009 8:10:09 PM

Date: 4/12/2009 8:38:21 AM

I looooooove this ring!!! I have liked this setting for a long time (and am a little surprised that I don''t have one yet), and your tourmaline looks fabulous - they are perfect together!! Now I''m scrambling to think of a holiday where I might justify getting that setting. Hmm, mother''s day is next month...

LOL about the BF noticing your larger rings - I guess any ER will need to live up to the new status quo...

I guess I completely missed your NZ vacation - how long were you gone? And did you like the Kindle?

Aw thank you Cellentani! I was wondering where you were - I wasn''t sure if I had just missed you in threads since I was gone too! Yes, Mother''s Day is coming up! I think your kids should pitch in and get you the setting
2.gif

I was gone for 2 weeks - the vacation was absolutely amazing! I should start a thread with some pics - although how I''ll decide which to post I don''t know (I came back with a LOT of pictures). The Kindle was fabulous - such a great buy and totally worth it I think. Just not having to deal with a dozen books was great, and the battery charge lasted forever with the wireless off. Are you thinking of getting one? Where''ve you been the last few weeks?

You should definitely start a thread - I''d love to see your NZ pics!! And uh, I wasn''t out of town or anything fabulous - I just gave up PS for Lent (and it was quite a sacrifice too - I missed it much more than I thought I would and often wondered what everyone was up to); I tried to use the time to do other things, like volunteering more at my kids'' school and preparing more home-cooked meals. It was good for me, but I''m so happy to be back! Hey, I think I have a question about your trio of stack rings - I''m gonna try to find your thread so I don''t off-topic this one (but I may have done that already).

Here ya go: NZ Thread

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/12/2009 8:36:12 PM

Date: 4/12/2009 8:13:58 PM
Author: cushioncutnut

Date: 4/11/2009 9:38:16 PM

Date: 4/11/2009 9:05:38 AM

What a gorgeous collection....but I have to say the new tourmaline ring takes center stage!!!! Did LOGR custom make the exact dimensions for your stone? I can''t get over how it looks like a custom piece!!!! Just Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Thanks CCN! What I love about this stone is that it glows even in dim lighting - I love my other rings but they look the best in daylight. This one I can enjoy all day
1.gif

I did ask LOGR to customize the dimensions. The stone is 6.6 mm so I asked them to make it a 7x7 instead of 8x8 (and to make sure it''s the same setting, and not their standard 7x7 with the prongs taken off). The setting fit perfectly. And thank you again!

This is great to know because I thought with a bezel setting, it had to be the exact dimensions of the stone!! It turned out perfectly! I can''t get over it! Thanks for the info.....! Now ya gots me thinkin''....
31.gif

It worked out really well! I got superlucky and snagged it in an auction, so even paying the extra to customize, it wasn''t too bad. I did ask them to make it a bit bigger because I was afraid the bezel would come in too small, and it totally worked out. Yay!
1.gif

So will there be a LOGR bezel making its way to you soon?
27.gif

I hope so...but not anytime soon. I have another project going and have yet to spring this one on the DH! I am sure I will be on sparkly restriction after that. I did keep a picture of your ring in my file for future referrence!!
21.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 9:32:01 AM
Date: 4/12/2009 8:36:12 PM

Date: 4/12/2009 8:13:58 PM

Date: 4/11/2009 9:38:16 PM

Date: 4/11/2009 9:05:38 AM

What a gorgeous collection....but I have to say the new tourmaline ring takes center stage!!!! Did LOGR custom make the exact dimensions for your stone? I can''t get over how it looks like a custom piece!!!! Just Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Thanks CCN! What I love about this stone is that it glows even in dim lighting - I love my other rings but they look the best in daylight. This one I can enjoy all day
1.gif

I did ask LOGR to customize the dimensions. The stone is 6.6 mm so I asked them to make it a 7x7 instead of 8x8 (and to make sure it''s the same setting, and not their standard 7x7 with the prongs taken off). The setting fit perfectly. And thank you again!

This is great to know because I thought with a bezel setting, it had to be the exact dimensions of the stone!! It turned out perfectly! I can''t get over it! Thanks for the info.....! Now ya gots me thinkin''....
31.gif

It worked out really well! I got superlucky and snagged it in an auction, so even paying the extra to customize, it wasn''t too bad. I did ask them to make it a bit bigger because I was afraid the bezel would come in too small, and it totally worked out. Yay!
1.gif

So will there be a LOGR bezel making its way to you soon?
27.gif

I hope so...but not anytime soon. I have another project going and have yet to spring this one on the DH! I am sure I will be on sparkly restriction after that. I did keep a picture of your ring in my file for future referrence!!
21.gif

Tell me again, what''s this current project?
1.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, how did I ,miss this thread! It turned out really lovely :)

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Perfection
30.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BEG! I meant to post before now on this thread (sorry)! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the tourmaline and i''ve been waiting to see what you''d do with it. This is incredible - it looks great on you and i adore the color of this stone!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 4:14:41 PM
Author: stepcutnut
Oh my, how did I ,miss this thread! It turned out really lovely :)

Thanks Stepcutnut!
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 5:54:14 PM
Author: Porridge
Perfection
30.gif

Aw thank you!!

ETA: Your dog in your av is way too cute!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 9:27:17 PM
Author: violet3
BEG! I meant to post before now on this thread (sorry)! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the tourmaline and i''ve been waiting to see what you''d do with it. This is incredible - it looks great on you and i adore the color of this stone!

Thanks Violet! I''m so happy with how it turned out - although who knows? Maybe there''s a reset in the works a few years from now too
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results