shape
carat
color
clarity

Guess the Color...

Jennifee

Shiny_Rock
More pictures. The larger is the HRD color H and the smaller is GIA H. I have to say in these pictures the color looks similar to me. Perhaps the GIA H (smaller) has a little less color but it is also smaller and so maybe you just can't tell as much....
jennifer101.jpg
. jennifer 102.jpg

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
The HRD oval looks darker.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
These are just pictures, really difficult to tell. :(

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
Any videos? In natural/diffused lighting?

In the top picture can you clarify which is which? I like the top stone, which looks to be the HRD? But it looks whiter..

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
I just helped a friend buy an oval and it was difficult. In real life and in motion it was surprisingly quite beautiful. In photos it didn’t look great which was a concern, but away from store lights in day to day lighting was the test.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for my previous post, I think mixed up the diamonds in the top picture.

Jennifee

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for my previous post, I think mixed up the diamonds in the top picture.

To me the larger HRD one looks better because it appears to have less of a bowtie... but that is my hardly educated opinion.

Jennifee

Shiny_Rock
I just helped a friend buy an oval and it was difficult. In real life and in motion it was surprisingly quite beautiful. In photos it didn’t look great which was a concern, but away from store lights in day to day lighting was the test.

It is sooo hard! I've wanted an oval for awhile now... but haven't had the time to really dive into the process. My first priority is that it preforms, second is size, and third is color.... and trying to find my perfect combination within budget is not easy and very discouraging.

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
My friend ruled purchasing overseas out completely - otherwise we definitely would have bought an opulence oval (Australia). He was on a time crunch so when a half decent one came along we turned it down, then got it back lol. The reason being, unless you have a lot of time and are willing to put in the long effort, spectacular ovals are very hard to come by. If you’re in a hurry, you have to concede somewhere.

Lovesparklesparle

Shiny_Rock
In the bottom pic, I don’t really like the contrast in the faceting on the left stone ie fat and bold centre vs crushed ice perimeter. They both exhibit this (which is normal) but I think the proportions on the right side stone work better.

Jennifee

Shiny_Rock
Just received more images today.... What do you all think? jennifer m 101.jpg HRD 170003064295-ASET  black (Fancy)-01jenniferm.jpg jennifer m 102.jpg HRD  170003064295-Officelight Gray-01jenniferm.jpg HRD  170003064295-Officelight black-01jenniferm.jpg

Jennifee

Shiny_Rock
as a starting point I've linked this before:

https://beyond4cs.com/grading/aset-reference-charts/

however I am sure others with far more knowledge and skills regarding ASETS will pitch in!

Yes I've seen that and have used it as a point of reference. My only problem is that when it comes to fancy shapes it seems to not be as straight forward as with rounds... It was so easy to pick out my round! I keep looking at the pictures of the oval and comparing it to the chart and really can't come to anything conclusive.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results