shape
carat
color
clarity

GTG May 31st Palo Alto, CA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
AG - I looked at the transit trip planner, and unfortunately it looks like it will take me ~45 minutes to get to the Forest Hills Station via bus/muni from where I live (I''m ALL the way north, basically 1 block from Ghiradelli''s, so it is tough to get anywhere not on this side of town). Given how the muni is not always that reliable, I''d hate to miss a transfer or be running late and have you waiting...and also not be able to contact to let you know you since we can''t exchange contact info on here.

But, I may be able to get a ride to the Caltrain station from a friend of mine, so I think I will just take that. From what I can tell it is relatively easy walking distance from the station to the shopping area.

Thanks for the offer though!

RZ

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
RZ - that''s fine. I''d be happy to swing by that part of the city and pick you up too if you''d prefer that.

FYI, I have taken the Caltrain down, and it is an easy walk from the train station to the shopping center - its a little weird because it looks like you are going off on a dirt path, but just follow the signs and once you come out on the other side, you just cross a big road and then you are there. About a 5 minute walk, tops.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 12:54:08 PM
Author: Gypsy
I enjoyed eating there. Okay I''ll make a reservation for 10 people then for 11:30 on Saturday. It will be under my name ''Layla'' so just ask for Layla if you aren''t joining us earlier.

Did you mean reservation for 1:15? Sorry, just wanting to be sure I''m clear on where we are meeting.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry, yes. Reservation for LUNCH at 1:15 under Layla.

But we meet at 11:30am at the cafe to start bling shopping.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Got it - wouldn''t want anyone to get confused and end up being late for the bling shopping
31.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 5:04:20 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Got it - wouldn''t want anyone to get confused and end up being late for the bling shopping
31.gif

Snort. Call me when you are on the way. I can''t WAIT. If we have time I''d like to browse a couple of possible rewards for the new job. Something around $200-$300 probably. I''m thinking purse or wallet.
31.gif
But if it doesn''t happen, it doesn''t happen.

Should we do Darren M before or after lunch?

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
I''m afraid I have some disappointing news. I just found out today that Darren McClung will be closed this weekend because all the staff will be at the JCK and the antique jewelry shows in Las Vegas. However, there are lots of other stores at Stanford for bling shopping.

AN

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH... that is SO sad!!! Ahh well. We''ll be able to meet and shop and get to know each other... and we all have bling to ogle. It will be a blast nonetheless. And that just means we''ll have to plan ANOTHER GTG to see we can go there.
11.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Sad that Darren McClung is closed, but I''m sure we''ll find plenty of fun stuff to do
1.gif

Gypsy - we can definitely make time to look for a new job reward - you deserve it and then some. I''m a HUGE handbag fan, and always enjoy looking at them
9.gif

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2008 12:24:10 PM
Hello!
And we meet at 11:30... lets see, how about right outside the La Baguette cafe so that folks can grab coffee, pastries, tea whatever if they need to.

I''m gonna propose Babbos for Lunch at 1:15 ish?

ArtN-- I have to check my email, but I haven''t heard from her that I know of (but haven''t been checking that account very often).

So far we have Nine people likely.
So just look for the large group of ladies idling around out front of the cafe? :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well. You've seen Amber (and if you haven't go to the shopping board and look up her dress thread). So that will help you. I've seen you (your wedding dress thread) and could spot that ring of yours at 10 paces, and Asscher girl's picture is in her wedding thread (asscher on pave band ring), and I believe Mia's pic is in her dress thread (her face is blurred out but I know she's thin and has blond hair and a princess diamond).

I know Amber (three stone e-ring, WF shared prong wedding band), and Art Nouveau (it won't matter what jewelry she wears if your jaw drops, it's her), and Asscher Girl. And I can spot you. So there is cluster. It's a small shop front.

PSers generally spot each other by thier rings, even if your picture hadn't been posted you would have been curious about the woman staring at your ring, not your face... and you'll look at hers and think... hey that looks familar. LOL. And either I'll say "Violet?" or you'll say "Gypsy?"

I'm 5'7" have long brown hair, size 14, and am persian. I'll be wearing my engagement ring.
2.gif

Plus, you have my email dear. I can email you a pic if you're concerned, or my cell number. LOL.

ETA; For anyone who doesn't have thier ring or face posted and hasn't been to a GTG... yes, there will be a cluster of women, looking at each other's rings. Look for the most distictive of the rings, or for faces that have been posted. Actually Violet your ring will be one of the most distictive as it's in your AV and it's a singlestone halo.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies,

I know it''s a trek from Roseville, but I was really hoping to make it to your GTG, but I just don''t see how I can make it happen. Rusty and I have a retirement party to go to fairly early, and I just know if I actually get all the way down there to meet up with all of you lovely ladies, I certainly would not want to have to cut it short to come back home. We also have a workbook to work on before our next pre-marital counseling appt. on Tuesday, and we''ve done pretty much NADA!

So, I suppose I will have to try to meet everyone at the next one, when hopefully all of my wedding chaos and schoolwork has settled down a little bit. Gypsy, I saw you mentioned September...please keep me in mind if you plan another GTG. Maybe I can talk MINIMS into coming with me for the long ride!
9.gif

Have fun everyone, and take lots of pictures!

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
This gtg is 2 mths too early! I will be moving back to the Bay Area in 2 mths.. I hope I will be able to go to the next one..
1.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I really hope threepwood and Harleigh can make it to the next GTG - I''d love to meet you gals
10.gif

violet - it shouldn''t be a problem. As Gypsy said, check posts for some faces, and that will help. I think there''s a pic of Rockzilla someplace as well - as I recall she is tall and blond and gorgeous (in other words, the opposite of me, so if you see two ladies, one tall and blond and thin and gorgeous and one short and dark, looking at each others'' rings, you''ll know you''ve found the place
3.gif
).

darling

Shiny_Rock
I am in for sure now. See you tomorrow ladies.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Looking forward to meeting you darling (and everyone else)
9.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I won''t be able to make the GTG tomorrow. Have a great time ladies!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Where is everyone meeting at 11:30??

Babbo"s. I am not familiar with them. What stores are they near?

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I will be there - the blonde girl in a big brown plaid coat! (or carrying it, if it is warm enough.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
We''re meeting at La Baguette Cafe at 11:30. I never know where anything is at Stanford (even though I go there all the time!). But here''s a link to the directory and map. http://www.stanfordshop.com/Directory.aspx?lmnu=1

Hope to see you there!

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
La Baguette is near Macy''s and across from Tiffany''s. Should we make Tiffany''s the first stop, so anyone who''s late will know where to find us. Babbo''s is in the same area as Max''s and the fruit market. It''s the European like street with murals painted on the wall.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

AN

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY! We are going to have a blast! See you all at La Baguette at 11:30.

Or at Babbos at 1:15 (ask for Layla).

We''ll have to do another GTG so everyone who can''t make it will join us next time.

Thanks for posting the directories and the information.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
See you all at 11:30 at La Baguette!!! Can''t wait!
1.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
It was so nice to meet all of you and see a few familiar faces from the past GTG. Thanks for sharing all your goodies. I can''t wait to see the photos! Everyone has such gorgeous stuff. I love halos, I love solitaires, I love pave, I love OECs, I love everything Art Nouveau owns, and did I say I love OECs? Thanks for a fun afternoon.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
It was so much fun to see everyone and check out all the bling. As always, PS members are such interesting and fun people. Extra thanks to Layla for arranging the outing - it was great!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
No pictures?
15.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a wonderful time, and I promise to post more pictures later. Here''s a teaser.
2.gif

May31gtggyps.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2008 3:27:29 PM
I had a wonderful time, and I promise to post more pictures later. Here's a teaser.
2.gif
Beautiful, can't wait to see more and hear who they belong to
3.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2008 3:27:29 PM
I had a wonderful time, and I promise to post more pictures later. Here''s a teaser.
2.gif

Fantastic picture!

Glad to hear you all had a great time.

Can''t wait for the details!
35.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Looking forward to the reports and more pictures!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results