shape
carat
color
clarity

GTG May 31st Palo Alto, CA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello Ladies... I'm so excited to GTG with you all next Saturday at Stanford Shopping Center!!!

I wanted to post a confirmation thread.... and also find out where you all wanted to meet initially... get a lose itinerary going for any late comers to be able to find us at... and where you all would like for me to make lunch reservations, for how many and for what time!

I know Max's is popular, I've never eaten there so I'm game! I've personally eaten at Babbo's which has some of the best bread pudding I've ever had, has nice italian food and individual pizzas (so they have food for meat eaters and vegetarians alike) and great service... and then there is any place you all suggest. Oh, there is also a California Pizza Kitchen too. I'm happy to make the reservations as soon as we know how many and where!

Restuarants: http://stanfordshop.com/Dining.aspx

Jewelry:
Brighton Collectibles
Cartier
Gleim the Jeweler
Shreve & Co
Swatch
Tiffany & Co.
TOUS
http://www.darrenmcclung.com/ (Must see store!)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
only for ladies?
39.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2008 9:53:27 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
only for ladies?
39.gif
DEFINITELY NOT! I''m sorry! It''s just that most of the original RSVPers were ladies, and we haven''t had ANY men brave enough to attend any of the previous. Mea Culpa though. This, and all GTG''s are welcome to ALL PSers!!

darling

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy, what time were you thinking?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I''m pretty sure I can make it
1.gif

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I will be there - taking public transit of course! (Caltrain goes there - does BART as well?)

Also a vote for vegetarian-friendly place to eat!

RZ

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2008 10:33:04 PM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 5/24/2008 9:53:27 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
only for ladies?
39.gif
DEFINITELY NOT! I''m sorry! It''s just that most of the original RSVPers were ladies, and we haven''t had ANY men brave enough to attend any of the previous. Mea Culpa though. This, and all GTG''s are welcome to ALL PSers!!
Gypsy
J/K....i''ll be in S.D. next week.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2008 11:55:45 PM
Author: darling
Gypsy, what time were you thinking?

Um. I know that DM closes at 4:30. So I maybe around... 11:30am? That will give us time to hit a couple of stores (or just one if we find stuff we really love) grab some lunch then go back out to a couple of stores (for those who are interested). I can do a 12:45, 1:00, 1:15 or 1:30 reservation.

Rockzilla, I''m not sure honestly. I think Bart ends in Milbrea (spelling?) though, so I doubt it.

Hope you can Amber!

Dancing Fire...
5.gif
Maybe next time.
2.gif

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2008 1:53:42 AM
Author: rockzilla
I will be there - taking public transit of course! (Caltrain goes there - does BART as well?)

Also a vote for vegetarian-friendly place to eat!

RZ
Bart goes to Millbrae then you get to caltrain from that station and take it down to Palo Alto. Or just take caltrain the whole way down!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Count me in too!

I''ve eaten at Max''s it''s pretty good. I''m open to eating wherever though.

darling

Shiny_Rock
I just looked up Joe Escobar and noticed that their store is half hour drive away from Palo Alto. I have never been there, and since I never go to South Bay, I thought I would try to combine lunch and a visit to JE. I am still in need of a permanent setting for my stone, and should make a better effort at researching than I have been. Do any of you think the stores in the Stanford area would have just as good a selection as JE or should I plan on making the drive sometime after lunch?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d plan on making the drive... and if we find you something and you don''t need to go, all the better. JE is also right next to valley faire and CH premiere has a lot of high end settings (you can get them for much less at a PS vendor, but at least you can try them on). We''ll stop at Shreve for your setting for sure.

What kind of setting are you looking for?

darling

Shiny_Rock
I am planning on Leoning my stone, but have to do the looking and deciding on style first. I have had my 2.5 EC for over two years now, and can''t make up my mind just by looking at photographs. I was dead set on a halo before, but now I am not sure.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2008 12:31:49 PM
I am planning on Leoning my stone, but have to do the looking and deciding on style first. I have had my 2.5 EC for over two years now, and can''t make up my mind just by looking at photographs. I was dead set on a halo before, but now I am not sure.

Well, we will have a TON of fun helping you, I know that! DM does lovely custom work as well, so I think you''ll get a good idea of different styles available. Can''t wait to see your EC!

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I took a look at the restaurant list - how do people feel about p.f. changs? CPK would work as well...

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2008 9:51:26 AM
I just looked up Joe Escobar and noticed that their store is half hour drive away from Palo Alto. I have never been there, and since I never go to South Bay, I thought I would try to combine lunch and a visit to JE. I am still in need of a permanent setting for my stone, and should make a better effort at researching than I have been. Do any of you think the stores in the Stanford area would have just as good a selection as JE or should I plan on making the drive sometime after lunch?
I''m not that up on the stanford stores but I''ve been to JE. It''s a decent sized showroom so it''s definitely worth a visit. What I can''t figure out is why the Derco store on Santana Row went away. They had a lot of interesting custom settings to look at when I went there last fall. I just checked their site and I guess they''re at the westfield mall in sf now.... Papersource is on santa row btw, LOVE that place!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Hey... since this is my first GTG with you ladies what's the agenda exactly? Hit all the jewelry stores? What is everyone looking for?

and P.S. Can't wait to see your lovely OEC rockzilla! I wonder if I was looking at your stone before you got it. Ari was showing me a 1.42 J VS before I got mine! Hehe. Mine's a J VS as well so I'm excited to see yours live and in person!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Its looking like I can almost definitely make it - I''m a veggie, but I''m open to whatever for restaurants. Babbo''s sounded tasty from Gypsy''s description, but I''m open to anything.

Oh, and I''ll probably be making the drive down from the city if anyone wants a ride on the way down - not sure about when I''ll be coming back though, so probably best not to plan on riding both ways. But I know that Caltrain runs back up to the city pretty late - I think DH and I caught it at like 11pm or something last time we were down there, and that was the last train on Saturday night.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''m a maybe.......

might skip the meal and just do the looking or the other way around.

movie zombie

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely would love to show off my OEC for the first time since...well, since before it was MY OEC...

Amber, what area of the city do you live in? Maybe I could carpool down with you?

RZ

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
I''d like to come too!

There is a chance that I will have to work though, so I might not be able to make it.

What do these GTG''s entail? I''m guessing some eating and jewelry gawking? But is everyone planning on buying something?

Oh, is it weird if I bring my wedding band that I''m not supposed to wear yet? I want to feel somewhat blingy!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
mia - don''t worry, the one I went to no one bought anything. Its really just to gawk at each others'' baubles, take some fun pics, wander around and look at yummy jewelry at stores, and sometimes we end up looking at other stuff as well (like nice handbags LOL). I hope you can make it
1.gif

RZ - I''d be up for carpooling from the city. I live in the West Portal/Forest Hill area, so we could meet at the Forest Hill Train Station, which is really easy to get to. I''m totally happy to give you a ride down, but as I mentioned above, I''m not totally sure about when I''m coming back so can''t guarantee on the way back.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in for Saturday
1.gif
And 11:30 is good for me! Can''t wait to see everyone!
9.gif
I''m not picky about food, as long as it''s really good
3.gif

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! I''ll be there!

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
I can make the GTG this Saturday. Any restaurant is fine with me. Anyone heard from Widget? Hope she can join us.

Art Nouveau

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
have fun! i will be out of town this weekend so won''t be able to meet up with everyone.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello!
And we meet at 11:30... lets see, how about right outside the La Baguette cafe so that folks can grab coffee, pastries, tea whatever if they need to.

I''m gonna propose Babbos for Lunch at 1:15 ish?

ArtN-- I have to check my email, but I haven''t heard from her that I know of (but haven''t been checking that account very often).

So far we have Nine people likely.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for Babbos too. I''ve always wanted to eat there!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
mmm...Babbo''s sounds good to me
1.gif

Rockzilla - when you check this thread again, let me know if you want to carpool. I''m thinking to get down there around 11:30 we should leave SF around 10:45.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I enjoyed eating there. Okay I''ll make a reservation for 10 people then for 11:30 on Saturday. It will be under my name "Layla" so just ask for Layla if you aren''t joining us earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results