shape
carat
color
clarity

Group Shot of New Additions!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
So I went to see the stones that I mentioned the other day and bought a few. I set out with the intention of buying one or two, ended up with um, 10! Granted some are small and all of them were inexpensive. I'm not sure if they are real until I can find time to take them to a GG, but they are beautiful and all of them have a comforting amount of inclusions (except the larger blue aqua that my daughter loved, so I had to buy). The orange-yellow spess is a bit of a train wreck inclusion wise, but the color was so pretty that I just had to buy it anyhow. I've never actually seen a pad in person and I'm in LOVE with that peachy pink color.

Okay enough rambling! One is in full sun, the other is in the shade outside. I have loads of pics of them up close, upside down, indoors, outdoors...yeah. I'll spare you though, unless you want to see a specific one. I'd love to hear any feedback too, of course!

Top left pear - Santa Maria Aqua
Top middle pear - Padparadscha Sapphire
Top right step cut pair - Rubellite Tourmalines
Middle left round - Rubellite Tourmaline (a bit dark, but I like it...looks to need a little bottom trim!)
Middle middle pear - Aqua (Brazil)
Middle right step cut Aqua (Brazil)
Bottom left cushion cut Spessarite (it's close to Fanta, but not quite IMO)
Bottom middle oval cut "cherry" Tourmaline
and last but not least...
Bottom right cushion cut Rubellite Tourmaline (I think this one has DanielM U prong written allll over it!)

Tammy77 Shade.JPG

Tammy77 Full Sun.JPG

happybear

Shiny_Rock
Wow :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
Lovely stones! :appl:

Can we have a close up on the pad? I've not seen one in person so can only admire here.....

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm jealous of that spesserite!!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have many good pics of the pad, but here's one...and a couple of the spess for Athena. :)

Pad Indoors.JPG

Spess Indoor.JPG

Spess Side Indoor.JPG

athenaworth|1313038229|2988363 said:
I'm jealous of that spesserite!!

Me tooooo! I am not normally a fan of orange stones but I love the color! :bigsmile:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely collection you got! I really like the little Pad.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Appreciate the close up pictures! Can I trouble you for the stats on each individul stones?

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
From the top left and going across then down, here's how each of them has been listed. I need to take a couple of them to a gemologist to have them checked out, but here's how they've been listed, including supposed country of origin, if it was given to me, there's no clarity listed on any of them -

Row 1
Pear-shaped, aquamarine, Santa Maria, 5x6.8mm
Pear-shaped, padpa, Ceylon, 4.5x6.5mm
2 Step-cut, rubellite, 5x5mm

Row 2
Round, rubellite, Mozambique, 7mm, 1.55ct
Pear-shaped, aquamarine, Brazil, 5.9x9.9mm, 1.17ct
Step-cut, aquamarine, Brazil, 5.2mm, 0.90ct

Row 3
Cushion, spessartite, 2.47ct
Oval, tournmaline, 7.5mm, 1.50ct
Cushion, rubellite, Nigeria, 6.12x8.85mm, 1.00ct

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tammy I'm glad you had fun and picked up some pretty stones. A couple of thoughts for you ...........

1. Check that the Rubellites remain a nice red/purple colour indoors under incandescent lighting. I suspect your two little ones may not and they may brown out a bit but for what you've paid, they'll still be a bargain :wink2:

2. I also suspect your "padparadscha" is a beryllium diffused sapphire. If this were an untreated Padparadscha, you would be paying thousands and anybody who knows anything about gemstones wouldn't sell one (if it were an untreated Padparadscha) for a small amount. However, if you don't mind treated sapphires (and some of them can be very pretty) then again, this is a bargain!

Hope this helps.

T

talamasca

I think you got a lovely collection :love:

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
LD - The only one that browns out is one of the ovals. All of the others hold their color very well. ::) Re: the "pad" you are most likely right about it. I don't mind treated stones and have been careful to not get too greedy with the transaction. I just like the way it looks and I'm not in a huge hurry to get to a GG because I don't plan to sell any of them for profit. :))

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You may not think that spess is fanta orange, but damn I wanna drink it! It's just splendid and sealed the deal for me that a spess is my next stone.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
I may think it's Fanta ;)) I just don't want to say it is for sure because I know how desirable they are and I'd rather err on the side of caution! :)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tammy77|1313080172|2988601 said:
LD - The only one that browns out is one of the ovals. All of the others hold their color very well. ::) Re: the "pad" you are most likely right about it. I don't mind treated stones and have been careful to not get too greedy with the transaction. I just like the way it looks and I'm not in a huge hurry to get to a GG because I don't plan to sell any of them for profit. :))

Sorry I meant to say ............ a GG is unlikely to be able to assess the sapphire for BE diffusion. This has to be done by a lab. I forgot to add that on my post as I was in the middle of cooking dinner! Apologies!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results