shape
carat
color
clarity

Grossularite Mint Garnet from Gene

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mochi

Ideal_Rock

Picture 945.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
This was taken on a gold scrapbook paper...

xgemstones 003.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Malaya, Malaya, Grossularite, Umba

This picture looks like a painting...

xgemstones 004.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
YAY....what a beauty Mochi!!! I''m SO glad you got this pretty one. As always, your photos blow me away!!!
36.gif

Lori

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s just gorgeous mochi....
30.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Loverly color and cut!!!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
The sun peaked out today for a bit so I took a few pictures...

gemstones 105.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
It picks up the surrounding color, my orange t-shirt...

gemstones 106.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock

gemstones 107.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Max got a little too close to the stones, so he was scolded. He decided to pout and hide under the bed..

gemstones 108.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock

gemstones 109.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock

gemstones 110.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock

gemstones 111.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock

gemstones 112.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock

gemstones 113.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock

gemstones 114.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
This is Max...the Terror...

gemstones 115.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
woohoo new mochi photos!! It''s such a great stone- just love the cut. Not to mention Max...
30.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
I just love the new photos! How awesome! Such a great find from Gene.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Max is a cutie, and the cutting is much clearer in these sets of photos. That stone was probably a very complex cut, and I like that it resembles a snowflake. Did you try taking some pics under hallogens or incandescents?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Couple of pictures taken under my kitchen lights...does not represent the color of the stone at all...
38.gif

BTW...Max will be a year old next month. He almost didn''t make it. After his nuggie surgery and when he was in the receovery room, he coded and had to be revived. We (my hubby and I) really think he was annoxic for quite a while because we noticed such a difference in his behavior. He''s still loving but it''s very hard for him to retain any new tricks.
40.gif

gemstones 136.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I''ll try to take a few in my bedroom lighting...

gemstones 137.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/23/2009 9:35:32 PM
Author: mochi
Couple of pictures taken under my kitchen lights...does not represent the color of the stone at all...
38.gif

BTW...Max will be a year old next month. He almost didn''t make it. After his nuggie surgery and when he was in the receovery room, he coded and had to be revived. We (my hubby and I) really think he was annoxic for quite a while because we noticed such a difference in his behavior. He''s still loving but it''s very hard for him to retain any new tricks.
40.gif
It''s looks a tad bit more blue under your hallogens, or is that just the reflection from the hallogens? I love the chrysoberyl under the hallogens. Now that''s a look I haven''t seen before - yum yum.
3.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Blahhhh.... I cannot capture the color. It is such a lighter mint color. Your mint ring is the best color I have seen yet, TL.

gemstones 149.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/23/2009 11:01:37 PM
Blahhhh.... I cannot capture the color. It is such a lighter mint color. Your mint ring is the best color I have seen yet, TL.
Which mint ring? I have so many. I'm a mint junkie. Thanks for the compliment (although I don't know the ring you're talking about).
emembarrassed.gif

Since we have the same camera I think (I have the Nikon S220), I'm taking pics in macro mode on the auto setting. Did you try that? Or take some pics of it under the glass case in the box. That might help if it's against a white background.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Yes..I''m using the macro setting without flash. My DH is so perplexed it looks that he''s wanting to go spend $$$ on a macro lense for his big camera.
32.gif

The one I''m thinking of is the trillion mint that you took pictures of. It''s a pretty mint color. It''s in a gold setting.

I think this stone would benefit from a bezel gold setting.

gemstones 150.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
another one... Ok, gonna go try under the glass box.

gemstones 151.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mochi, your new pictures are fantastic. You are the queen of taking pictures
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

The picture of Max hiding under the bed is priceless LOL LOL. That is the cutest thing, I ever saw. He is a cutie pie.

When we scold Mazie, she just woofs at us. HA.

Have you decided how to set your beauty yet???

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/23/2009 11:10:47 PM
Yes..I'm using the macro setting without flash. My DH is so perplexed it looks that he's wanting to go spend $$$ on a macro lense for his big camera.
32.gif

The one I'm thinking of is the trillion mint that you took pictures of. It's a pretty mint color. It's in a gold setting.

I think this stone would benefit from a bezel gold setting.
Oh THAT ring. Thanks for the lovely compliment. That was a pain to get the true color out of, so I know what you're going through right now.
39.gif

I would say bezel, except it might cover some of that amazing snoflake edging that Gene did. I really think the cutting on your garnet is phenomenal, and I would want to see all of it. Maybe a heavy gallery instead? I think this would be the perfect setting for it, but because I saw it modified for another snowflake cut Gene did (see the ice queen's white topaz ring in Gene's jewelry section of his website).

http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=203&rn=1361&action=show_detail

This ring above has a very heavy and ornate gallery, but it also can showcase the edges of the stone, which are very lovely and add to the "snowflake appeal."

mochi

Ideal_Rock
39.gif
38.gif
14.gif
29.gif
39.gif

This is really not the way it looks IRL!!

gemstones 167.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results