shape
carat
color
clarity

Grey''s Anatomy next week...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2006 1:42:45 PM
Author: snlee
Date: 9/21/2006 1:19:50 PM

Author: FireGoddess

I rewatched the finale last night and I am ALL READY for tonight''s premiere!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Me too! And it made my cry yet again! I can''t wait for tonight!
36.gif

me too
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/20/2006 1:36:28 PM

Date: 9/19/2006 5:30:54 PM
Author: Rosebud8506
Good thing they are replaying the season finale an hour before the premiere!!

41.gif
I saw they were replaying the 2 hour season finale the DAY before the premiere...

So the season finale is playing tonight, the premiere, tomorrow.
Yeah I saw that too. Sorry! Mis-information.

At any rate, I did re-watch the finale and YES I did cry again when they put Doc down.... it was so sad!!!

36.gif
Less than an hour to go!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had to ff through putting Doc down...I could NOT handle that. I started tearing up. I full out bawled at the end when Denny died though...
39.gif

A few more hours to go for me!!! (Pacific time!)

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
so who watched???
it was pretty sad - definitely made me feel for Addison a bit more. I''ve been on the fence about her - and I still dont'' REALLY like her, but she''s growing on me

all in all i thought it was a good episode to start off the season - hopefully they will keep it up!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I watched!

I loved seeing scenes from the past we''ve always wondered about but never known *EXACTLY* what happened.

Probably helps newbies get into the show more too. A friend of mine was all "It''s easy to get into Grey''s Anatomy" yet she was asking me questions like "How come that girl dated McDreamy if he was married?" ummmmm: rent season one sister! Hee. I guess it''s a testament to the writing that it IS easy to "get into" even if you don''t know all the history.

So tonight I was telling Sweetie that my friend and I were discussing how CRAZY it was that it''s any QUESTION that she should explore things with the Vet. And he was like ... "Sure, it''s Chris O''Donnell" and I was like "NO! It doesn''t matter *WHO* is playing that part ... it could be HERVE VILLESHESE and she should STILL be all over that tiny tanned XXXX." He started laughing and said "Tiny tanned DEAD xxxx!"
3.gif

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
i totally agree!!! they should keep chris around longer - but with everyone saying he is only on for a couple of episodes and after tonight''s show i see her and mcdreamy getting back together...

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Boo-hoo! I was working late and missed the premiere tonight. Does anyone know when they''re going to replay it again, if at all?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was so excited to watch. i agree, the scenes with some of the backgroud info was great. the scene with addison and derek in NY when he left
23.gif

my favorite line for the night was calle''s when she and the vet were sitting in the kitchen talking and then meridith walks in and she says "I have to go into the other room for a few minutes......for no reason really...." and excused herself. I''m so glad she''s a regular now too, love sara ramirez. did you all know she won on Tony for Monty Python on broadway?

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn''t bet on her getting back with McDreamy. That tension of them not being together is the whole basis for the show. It won''t be as simple as that.

Does anyone else think the character development of McDreamy is weak?

I really like Addison and feel even more sorry for her now. Frankly, if I were her, I wouldn''t want McDreamy after he threw her out in the lighting storm. They made it seem like when he punched McSteamy it was because he was so head over heals in love with Meredith that he couldn''t stand anyone (especially that guy) hitting on her but when I see how he treated Addison when she slept with him, I think it is just all about his big ego.

I was disappointed Burke wasn''t on more. And why it is it, Diahann Carroll always plays everyone''s mother on these shows?

I like Cally too. But I don''t think George loves her. Too bad. She is fun. I hope they keep her on.
I really love all the characters although Christina is a train wreck. I was mad at her when she told Izzy that she didn''t even know Denny. That was just mean. She is just a mean, hateful person.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I so knew Addison was going to find the panties in his pocket. I can''t belive she washed them and put them on the bulletin board.

And Derek! What is wrong with him! He tells Mere she has to choose, but yet he still hasn''t said that he''ll leave Addison. He knows she wants him.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Man, I felt bad for Addison the whole leaving her out in the rain, but I have to say I can''t really blame McDreamy for reacting the way he did. I thought it was great that she washed and put up the underwear on the bulletin board.
11.gif
31.gif

I can''t wait to see what Mere decides!

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/22/2006 4:27:15 AM
Author: Milly
Boo-hoo! I was working late and missed the premiere tonight. Does anyone know when they''re going to replay it again, if at all?

it looked like it will be on again tonight?

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/22/2006 8:45:14 AM
Author: Allisonfaye
I wouldn''t bet on her getting back with McDreamy. That tension of them not being together is the whole basis for the show. It won''t be as simple as that.

I''m sure it won''t be simple - but I''m guessing Mere either "chooses" McDreamy or doesn''t choose at all and the vet walks. With him only slate for 6-9 episodes it doesn''t seem like she would choose him. Unless they go the TOTALLY cliche way of having her pick the vet and then he dies or has to move away or something?

Does anyone else think the character development of McDreamy is weak? TOTALLY - especially after this episode - he really really seems like a crazy egomaniac. I mean that scene in the bar - and then in the locker room with George? He really came off as a jerk to me last night

I really like Addison and feel even more sorry for her now. Frankly, if I were her, I wouldn''t want McDreamy after he threw her out in the lighting storm. They made it seem like when he punched McSteamy it was because he was so head over heals in love with Meredith that he couldn''t stand anyone (especially that guy) hitting on her but when I see how he treated Addison when she slept with him, I think it is just all about his big ego.
I''m still not to "liking" Addison - although I loved that she put the panties on the bulletin board!!
11.gif
11.gif

I was disappointed Burke wasn''t on more. And why it is it, Diahann Carroll always plays everyone''s mother on these shows?

I like Cally too. But I don''t think George loves her. Too bad. She is fun. I hope they keep her on.
I really love all the characters although Christina is a train wreck. I was mad at her when she told Izzy that she didn''t even know Denny. That was just mean. She is just a mean, hateful person.

Another vote for Cally!! Yeah, she''s gonna get her heart broken.

Also - I''m really bored with the head dude - can''t remember his name - I don''t care if he had an affair with Mere''s mom, I don''t care if his wife is leaving him - hopefully they will spice him up a bit more

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
It was a good one! I wonder where they are going now with Miranda''s character? How come all of a sudden she is acting more human?? I don''t think George is really in love either - I wonder what they will do with that story.

I think Mer will "choose" Finn, I agree, the chase between the two of them is the basis of the show, so they will stretch that out. He didn''t exactly admit that he would leave Addison either - I wonder what she is thinking when she posts the panties on the bulletin board? Its hard to judge the both of them when in fact they both are cheaters.

Can''t wait for next week!

Also: I am glad Izzy got up off the floor, it sounds like she is going to try to "move on".
36.gif

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
oh yeah? what was up with miranda?? (I had to think for a minute who you were talking about - I always think of her as Bailey!!)

I''m wondering if either she did something wrong that led to Denny''s death or what? Cause it looks like she is avoiding Izzy next week. And she was so emotional and non-Bailey like this week!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i dunno, guess i''m the only one that''s not an addison fan. i didn''t mind her at first but i started watching in the middle of season 2. once i saw the reruns, i like her MUCH less! and i didn''t feel sorry for her in the episode last night. i mean SHE cheated. out and out. with HIS bestfriend. it''s not like mcdreamy punched her, he just put her outside, in the rain yes, but then he left her. she had the warm cozy house after.

now, i do think mcdreamy is a jerk for tagging mer along. and i don''t love the vet because i feel like i don''t know him. i need more back story or something. i mean he''s alright...

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I''m with jcrow...if I came home and my wife had cheated on me with my best friend, I would totally put her out in the rain!! And he realized it was cruel after a second and let her back in so it really wasn''t that bad; and he let her have the house in the end. I felt sorry for her there but not for his treatment, more because she realized her mistake and didn''t know if he''d be able to forgive her for it.

That said, I reeeally dislike McDreamy, and am not crazy about Addison either. I''m getting to like her a bit better now as they flesh out her character a bit, but still not so much. And I want the vet to be a real character!!! So far he''s just generic-nice-person and it''s kinda boring. Give him some real backstory and a personality!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/22/2006 9:48:59 AM
Author: Cailet
oh yeah? what was up with miranda?? (I had to think for a minute who you were talking about - I always think of her as Bailey!!)

I'm wondering if either she did something wrong that led to Denny's death or what? Cause it looks like she is avoiding Izzy next week. And she was so emotional and non-Bailey like this week!!
Yeah what was the deal with that? And saying "I'm so sorry" to Denny before she ID'ed his body? I kept wondering if something else happened in the finale that I somehow missed... even though I watched it about 9 million times on YouTube.
9.gif
It did seem like more than just normal sympathy... as though she felt guilty or was more involved than we realized.

I heard that McSteamy is coming back... wonder how that will affect things? I'm worried about Meredith choosing Derrick and having it be on-again/off-again for the next 5 million episodes... that storyline is going to become really old, really quick, if so. Addison does nothing for me though... I don't like OR dislike her... not sure why.

I actually like Christina... I think she's probably representative of a lot of "real life" surgeons out there... who are so blinded by having achieved what they've been working for all these years, that all they see are bodies to be fixed and forget their human side. She does come across as cold sometimes, like telling Izzy she can't love Denny... but I think that's just her matter-of-fact way of thinking... us emotional people forget that other people don't always think that way!

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
my friend is actually finishing up his surgery rotation and he kind of reminds me of christina. He''s actually a SUPER nice guy when he isn''t in the hospital but I can totally see him being like her when he is there. I think it''s kind of like what Calle was saying - they spend soooo much time in school the whole personable/social part of them is totally messed up and a lot of doctors (according to my friend) kind of use the col/clinical view of things as a shield to having to see so much horrific stuff all the time.

epheremy - I totally agree with you on Addison. There are occassions where I like what she does (pulling Alex to be on her ward, putting the panties on the bulletin board) -- but I don''t really like HER -- and I don''t really dislike her either.

I think - all last season I just didn''t buy that she would come all the way to Seattle after a couple of months to try and fix her marriage. She seemed so cold - and almost like it was a competition instead of her actually caring about the marriage. I was always wondering why she was there? With the little bit of backstory I guess they are trying to give her a more "human" side - but we''ll see, I''m definitely not on team-Addison yet!
2.gif

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
For anyone else who missed part or the entire episode last night, ABC is running it again tonight (Friday, 9/22). I missed the first 20 minutes!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow!! What an episode! I''m a little irked at TiVo...I did catch the whole thing (and the hour long special beforehand) but TiVo can''t find the Thursday 9pm listing for GA each week....it is set to tape the rerun every Friday!!! I have no idea why it can''t find the original showing each week. I have to do something about this!

Anyway, I really liked it. It seemed Miranda was VERY emotional between saying ''I''m sorry'' to Denny''s body and almost breaking down and crying outside the door of the guy whose wife died of the plague.

I still feel bad for Addison. I don''t know why, but I really, really like her. I KNOW she cheated (those rain scenes were heartwrenching) but she has put up with a lot since, with him continually punishing her about it. He never should have picked her...she could have gone back with McSteamy last season when he came to get her, but she didn''t. And now Derek is telling Meredith to choose? I hated that!!!! I can''t stand Derek when it comes to the Meredith thing. I know lots of people are rooting for them to get together, but I''m not one of them.
2.gif
And Addison found Meredith''s panties....and put them on the lost and found. Good for her. That had to be traumatic. Sets up for a humorous episode next week...that and Christina''s run in with her boyfriend''s parents....

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
looks like Grey''s was the #1 show! Even beat out CSI

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...I missed 95% of Grey''s Anatomy due to back to school night for my jr higher--argh!!! Sounds like it was quite a show...I agree with what alot of you say about the show...We need more backstory or more fill-in-th-blank stuff on Addison, on head guy with a wife but secretly loves Ellie Grey. I can''t really like or dislike Addison. She came on to the show to me kinda bitchy and cold. She is a physically pretty woman, but that is where the buck stops. I can''t take to her...not yet. Would have loved to have seen that out in the rain sequence. Sounds touching in a cold very McDreamy way.

He is very ego driven. He doesn''t know really what the hell he wants. He truly loves himself...not these women so much. He wants them to want him. He doesn''t want to choose and doesn''t fully feel he has to. Pompus ass. I still love him on the show cuz it is a necessary element and I love how I hate him for it. Good casting!
emthup.gif

When I heard a major player was going to die, I did think of Callie, George''s girlfriend...sorry. I love what she adds to the show but if its not her, than it might be Meredith''s mom. I do not feel it will be any one of the main characters. Izzie will be back...I just know it. She is in mourning and this season, we will see more development of her character. Christina and Burke are great together. I feel Sandra Oh was such a perfect actress to do her justice. Again, superb casting...
emstar.gif

Meredith is a whining, indecisive woman and Ellen Pompeo does a fantastic job in portraying her. I want her to wake up and get a spine about her life. I know the premise of the show probably would change more than some like, but omg!, she needs to get past dropping her panties for everyone!
emcrook.gif

Bailey...love her! The character may be hiding something. The show has started to really share more of this character when the actress became preggo, they had to reveal her character had a husband and worked the pregnancy into the script. Well, who is to say that they won''t reveal more? Maybe some not-previously-seen stuff about the Denny case...who knows? I am just throwing that out there.

I think it is good to add McSteamy back. Yummo! I feel that Addison needs to steam up the tv lenses of the show with some va-vavoom since McDreamy is just so not it right now. Besides, sounds fun to watch...

I am very distraught that McVet is leaving as well. He sounded very much a great fit for Mer but she is not ready to see it for herself. McDreamy keeps getting her distracted. The writers need her to have more self development so she can be the one who is strong and knows she doesn''t need McDreamy.

I LOVE Grey''s Anatomy!!! So relieved its back!
emlove.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2006 4:05:38 PM

proved to be a good move for ABC them. hubby even gave up watching CSI to watch Grey''s with me
30.gif

FG- i agree with everything you said. I like addison too and mcdreamy telling mere he''s in love with her, asking her to choose, WHILE he is still MARRIED. I know addison was wrong too but last night showed her affair was a one time thing. his with meredith has lasted a lot longer and even after he and addy were supposed to be working on their marriage and things seemed to be getting better b/t them. I love that she posted the panties on the lost and found board too
11.gif
. i really do like all the characters and the quirks that make them who they are. i hope mcsteamy comes back too..

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
In thinking about the show a lot lately I think for me it comes down to the fact that I don''t respect McDreamy whatsoever. I think he is a coward of a man. He crucifies the flaws in everyone else but can''t see that he himself is JUST as flawed.

He and Meredith love each other. I get it. I actually think Addison would be better off with McSteamy - someone who actually loves her...than to continually be punished and mistreated by Derek. But she has committed to being with him, and I think he''s acting like more of a jerk than she did by her one indiscretion in the first place....which is ironic to me.

I hadn''t heard a major character was going to die though...
6.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2006 4:44:08 PM
Author: mrssalvo

proved to be a good move for ABC them. hubby even gave up watching CSI to watch Grey''s with me
30.gif
That''s sweet of him! I got the best of both worlds...I TiVoed CSI while I was watching Grey''s. CSI was QUITE disturbing.....

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2006 4:42:15 PM
Author: DeannaBana

When I heard a major player was going to die, I did think of Callie, George''s girlfriend...sorry. I love what she adds to the show but if its not her, than it might be Meredith''s mom. I do not feel it will be any one of the main characters. Izzie will be back...I just know it. She is in mourning and this season, we will see more development of her character. Christina and Burke are great together. I feel Sandra Oh was such a perfect actress to do her justice. Again, superb casting...
emstar.gif

i hadn''t heard this, but they just made Calle a regular cast member, including her in the credits, so i''d be surprised if they gave her the boot.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2006 4:57:26 PM
Date: 9/22/2006 4:44:08 PM

Author: mrssalvo

looks like Grey's was the #1 show! Even beat out CSI

proved to be a good move for ABC them. hubby even gave up watching CSI to watch Grey's with me
30.gif

That's sweet of him! I got the best of both worlds...I TiVoed CSI while I was watching Grey's. CSI was QUITE disturbing.....

it was sweet of him. I even offered to give up the big t.v and watch grey's on one of our smaller ones but he wanted to be together :) I've mentioned Tivo several times to him, but so far it's a no go. from the previews CSI did look disturbing. i love that show but it does freak me out at times. so are they going to be showing the thursday night grey's on friday's all season?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It seems they are...at least for awhile. I have to find out what the heck is going on, but for the next 2 weeks TiVo wants to tape Grey''s on Friday night because it can''t find Thursday night''s showing.

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/22/2006 4:56:20 PM

I hadn''t heard a major character was going to die though...
6.gif

i Hadn''t heard that either!!! But defintiely makes me think they will go in the old cliche way: Mere chooses McVet -- McVet dies -- in some manner that requires him to have a shaved head?? (cause the recent pics I saw of Chris and that is the hair he is currently sporting!)

I kind of hope they don''t go that way as it will be just another excuse for Mere to be moping around.

Ooohhhh- and the Addison /McSteamy thing may have STARTED as a one-time thing but when McSteamy was on he was telling Mere how he and Addison were together the whole time McDreamy was out in Seattle! So seems like a pretty major thing to me....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results