shape
carat
color
clarity

GREY''s ANATOMY-best show on TV!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I literally can not get enough of this show!! IMO there hasn''t been anything as good on TV since the first season of The Sopranos.

The human/flawed characters ... the awesome music ... drama + comedy + stunning tragedy. (Pink mist episode, anyone?)

It is SO GOOD it hurts ...

Fellow ANATOManiacs, show yourselves ...
2.gif

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
do you watch EVERY show I watch?? LOL

I missed yesterday''s episode (it''s on my DVR) cause I am dog / house sitting. So I won''t get to see it until tomorrow night!! I can''t wait!!!!

luthergirl

Rough_Rock
I love the show too! I missed last night''s episode...can anyone fill me in?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2006 12:41:29 PM
Author: Cailet
Maybe!!
2.gif
(Trading Spaces? Starting Over? - ok I''m blushing about that one)

but speaking of our OTHER fave show AI ... the heart patient Izzy''s stuck on KINDA LOOKS LIKE TAYLOR, no?? No??

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
I love this show too...but I missed it. What happened to Natalie Cole? Did McDreamy fix her anyrism (sp) or did she die?

I can''t believe Meredith told him she slept with George..and I can''t believe he got all upset about it!!! Helllllllo, go home to wife, she how Meredith deals with that!
20.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I really love watchig this show...George was really hurt...ended up cutting a chunk of hair off his head at Christina and Burke''s where he now lives...let''s see, Izzy and Alex volunteered to watch over Denny, the heart patient...Alex is there to chaperone and shadow Izzy...Bailey had to bring her newborn to the hospital to work cuz her husband is out of town(?)...I thought that was sort of strange since her hubby just had major brain surgery and in real life, not reel life, someone like that would have to recouperate for quite awhile...whatever. Christina was forced by Bailey to watch Bailey''s baby so she could perform surgery on an incoming ER patient...Of course, Christina was totally at odds with the whole childcare thing...she got overwhelmed pretty easily, especially with diaper changing and determining how to console a fussy infant...George steps in, takes the little one, and wha-La...the baby stops fussing, takes the bottle and everything is peachy.

McDreamy and Meredith seem to be on great terms with one another...Addison has an OB patient''s hubby totally lusting after her in a sort of "you remind me of an auburn-haired Catherine Denueve(sp?) sort of way" which was awkward but funny for Addison...George got the attentions of another young dr. who is brunette and very much taken with George...She involves him in a young hockey star''s messed up hand situation and the two connect chemistry-wise as well...makes for cute tv. I was glad to see George be desired by someone sweet and someone not part of the main players on the show...

Denny, the heart patient, has become worse with his congestive heart disorder and is forced to consider an alternative method to keep him alive so a donor heart can be found for him. He is resistent at first, almost resigning himself to certain death, then Izzy convinces him to give himself--and her--more time...so he gives in and says yes to the procedure.

At the end of this episode, Meredith gets into the elevator with George, who has been avoiding her ever since she was hurtful to George about she and him sleeping together. Meredith, at McDreamy''s advice, gets assertive and tells George that they are friends and friends are there when one or the other is ready to accept their apology and that she is so very very sorry about everything. She sounds and looks very sincere, but George is not even trying to make eye contact, cuz he is so mad and so hurt. He keeps his eyes looking upward over her head. When the elevator doors open, he leaves without looking or saying a word to Meredith. Meredith is left standing there, wondering and hoping that George will eventually forgive her callousness.

It is a good show...I get kind of disappointed when they don''t deal with situations in followup episodes though...like Bailey''s hubby and his recovery. And come on...she didn''t arrange for child care for the baby? I would think that would be a given, but I am just thinking out loud...

Anywho...that is just my opinion...Hope this overview is helpful to someone out there who missed the show...

luthergirl

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the episode recap--it was great and very much appreciated!

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I adore this show and love love love the music! I like to go to sleep around 9:30 - 10pm and yet Sunday night I have to stay up and watch this show, I won''t tape it and watch the next night.
I really hope that George gets over Meredith soon and hooks up with the new Dr. (I can''t remember her name) because she seems sweet and interested and that''s awesome : ) McDreamy''s response to Meredith sleeping with George was kind of amusing, he''s clearly made his choice to try with Addison, but it''s almost like he''s expecting Meredith to kind of hang around for him, for what?? She has to move on. Burke and Cristina are two of my favourites, I really enjoy their chemistry and that she is willing to try and open herself up to love and being in a relationship.
Sylvia (Natalie Cole)''s aneurysm is taken care by McDreamy and this complicated procedure that "fewer than 12 have been performed and I''ve done one and watched another" and so she has to be talked into having the surgery because she and her husband have reawakened their passion and love for each other and they agree that he will quit his job and they will use their nest egg to move to Paris if the surgery is a success, and if not, he has to do it by himself. My husband and I took odds as to her making it through the surgery : ) I guess we will have odds again next week to see if Denny makes it : )

I wish you well,

Bridget

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I am totally in love with this show... its taken the place of ER as my fav. medical show. So nice and fresh!

As for Bailey and having the baby at work, when the chief notices she has the baby, he asks why and she replied that the daycare was full, so i took that to mean there was one on site she normally uses, but its a first come, first served kinda deal.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Deco: I thought you and I were TV soulmates until you mentioned trading spaces and starting over. I can''t bring myself to watch those. BUT GREY''s ANATOMY! ROCKS!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I love the show . . . . and I ADORE George.
9.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Grey''s Anatomy....BEST Show on TV!!!

I actually bought the first season on DVD and proceeded to watch every episode over a weekend...Had to have the soundtrack....and am waiting on my Dr. McDreamy T-shirt to arrive...LOL

Yes...I''m obsessed
Libby

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just said to hubby last night, i think Grey''s Anatomy has taken over my top spot for favorite TV show. I love it, love the characters, props to the awesome casting director
36.gif
and writers
36.gif

and deco...you''re so right about denny/taylor
41.gif
...i will be so sad if denny goes, I really like his character and the relationship he and Izzy have started
37.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2006 3:39:15 PM
Author: Libster
am waiting on my Dr. McDreamy T-shirt to arrive...LOL

I want a George t-shirt then!! I''m so rooting for him (despite his haircut).

Great wrap up Deannana!!! I get excited for the PREVIEWS everyweek too! Haven''t done that since, hm, Alias seasons 1 & 2??

Oprah did something about the show & the Executive Producer is this cool mid-thirties, full-bodied african american gal with an adopted three year old!

I think it''s better than Desperate Housewives ... true?

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
All right, I''m admitting that I just love this show too!
30.gif
I can''t get enough of Dr. McDreamy! Why on earth is he still with Addison? I was so hoping she was going to meet Mark at the bar a few weeks ago.

I just started watching a few weeks ago and am totally hooked. I am borrowing the 1st season DVD from my cousin.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Grey''s Anatomy is my one must-see show every week!

Libster

Brilliant_Rock

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/13/2006 12:45:19 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 3/13/2006 12:41:29 PM
Maybe!!
2.gif
(Trading Spaces? Starting Over? - ok I''m blushing about that one)

but speaking of our OTHER fave show AI ... the heart patient Izzy''s stuck on KINDA LOOKS LIKE TAYLOR, no?? No??

um ok - I don''t watch Starting Over (never heard of it?) but I used to be a HUGE trading spaces fan.

and I''m not sure about the Taylor thing - me thinks you are a bit biased
2.gif
he he.
One thing is I can''t believe that they would let Izzy continue to be the doctor to that heart patient guy. Clearly she is attached and had a "date" with him. That''s GOT to be a conflict of interest. You kow they are just setting up for the guy to die and her to blame herself.

i don''t really like the Addison character. She seems like a good doctor - and you feel bad for her sometimes - but I don''t really like her so I don''t really sympathize with her. They either need to boot her or show more about her so that the audience feels more of a connection to her - then you have the dilema of liking both her and meredith and not being sure who you want to win the boy.

i''m am SO addicted to this show :)
i''ll have to go over and look at the website - I love the song they played on the last episode and I''ll have to see if I can find out who sings it....

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2006 1:33:01 PM
Author: Bridget S.

Sylvia (Natalie Cole)''s aneurysm is taken care by McDreamy and this complicated procedure that ''fewer than 12 have been performed and I''ve done one and watched another'' and so she has to be talked into having the surgery because she and her husband have reawakened their passion and love for each other and they agree that he will quit his job and they will use their nest egg to move to Paris if the surgery is a success, and if not, he has to do it by himself. My husband and I took odds as to her making it through the surgery : )
Did she make it through?

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
OH, yes she made it through the surgery! Sorry about that! : )

I wish you well,

Bridget

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2006 10:21:31 AM
I don''t watch Starting Over (never heard of it?) but I used to be a HUGE trading spaces fan.

Yes, I''ll say that Trading Spaces is more of a "used to LOVE" than still love, but Genevieve has been back lately, and now that that annoying Paige is gone - I still do Tivo it (not much on Sat nights anyway!!)

Starting Over is a daytime reality show for women, kinda like Real World with therapists. One of my best friends and I went crazy for it at first, but it''s kinda sizzled out for me too.

I gotta find the next NEW thing (beyond GREY, AI, Apprentice). My fiance claims I watch nothing but Court TV and home improvement shows ... I suppose those are my "if nothing else is on & I''m really using my laptop anyway" background entertainment of choice.
3.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely love love love this show!!! I cannot get enough. Every Sunday, around 10:45, I start to get a little sad since I know the episode is ending soon and I won''t be able to watch until the next week! And then when they show the preview for next week''s episode, I''m holding my breath and hoping that it''ll be an "all new" episode. Pathetic huh? Oh wells, whatcha gonna do?

Grey''s Anatomy is definitely my favorite show on TV right now. And to answer Deco''s question, GREY''S ANATOMY IS BETTER THAN DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, although I watch that every week too, but during 9-10, the TV only has 1/2 my attention and then as soon as the 10:00 hour strikes, I am completely in this do-not-disturb-or-talk-to-me-zone-unless-it-is-during-commercial-break-time!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2006 2:29:48 AM
Author: Milly
I absolutely love love love this show!!! I cannot get enough. Every Sunday, around 10:45, I start to get a little sadsince I know the episode is ending soon and I won''t be able to watch until the next week! And then when they show the preview for next week''s episode, I''m holding my breath and hoping that it''ll be an ''all new'' episode. Pathetic huh? Oh wells, whatcha gonna do?
YES YES YES ... me too!!

In this age of TV seasons on DVD I URGE anyone who hasn''t started on the ANATOmaniac Highway to find an onramp ASAP!!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I SO feel the same way! My hubby says he knows on Sunday night he has until Grey''s Anatomy comes on to have a conversation with me or our daughter, cuz then we both are into the show and will NOT be interrupted! Heck, he even teased that if he scheduled a date for a Sunday night, I''d probably make him bring me home by 10pm...and I said, "Yes...you would have to or you would be SO sorry!" In reality, he wouldn''t ask me to go out on a Sunday night cuz he knows better!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
On my must watch list in order, and I''m not (or didn''t used to be) a TV person!

Grey''s Anatomy ~ Totally could not agree more that it''s the best show on TV, hands down! (Denny is so sexy...the dimples do it for me) I love everyone, but Meredith is the last on my like list and isn''t the show supposed to be mostly about her??

24 ~ Jack is "the" man (Not my usual cup of tea, but they throw in enough Soap Opera to keep me hooked)

Desperate Housewives ~ A bit bland this week though?

AI ~ My new guilty pleasure! I''m almost ashamed to admit it!

Prisonbreak ~ The brothers are hot, and it''s clever.

And....my new other favorite show now that I have the cool DVR Cable thing is the Late Late show with Craig Ferguson. The dude from the Drew Carey show (which I''ve never really watched). He makes me laugh out loud every show! It after David Letterman, and I tape it every night now! I highly recommend trying it out!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2006 7:24:48 PM
Author: tawn
24 ~ Jack is ''the'' man (Not my usual cup of tea, but they throw in enough Soap Opera to keep me hooked)

Hee hee ... I watch 24 too! Mostly ''cause my FI loves it and it''s one thing I will watch w/ him w/o too many complaints. It lost me last season early on ... but this one has been okay. I read that Dave Barry the humorist live blogs 24, so I read some today and it is really funny ... talking back to the screen like my FI & I do EVERY EPISODE.

Every episode the show that warning, "This episode contains graphic language and violence" -- to which my FI & I scream "NO S*IT!" It cracks us up -- dunno why!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/15/2006 7:56:38 PM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 3/15/2006 7:24:48 PM
24 ~ Jack is ''the'' man (Not my usual cup of tea, but they throw in enough Soap Opera to keep me hooked)

Hee hee ... I watch 24 too! Mostly ''cause my FI loves it and it''s one thing I will watch w/ him w/o too many complaints. It lost me last season early on ... but this one has been okay. I read that Dave Barry the humorist live blogs 24, so I read some today and it is really funny ... talking back to the screen like my FI & I do EVERY EPISODE.

Every episode the show that warning, ''This episode contains graphic language and violence'' -- to which my FI & I scream ''NO S*IT!'' It cracks us up -- dunno why!
My husband made me watch it with him last year, and I zoned my way through the first few episodes...ut then I watched it "for him" while he was away for a few weeks and got hooked! But, it wasn''t a show I would have watched without him!

I talk back to the TV as well, and tell them what to do...and not to do! But they never damn well listen to me!! I''m amazed at how many people bite the dust in each episode, talk about population control! Makes me want to stay out of LA too!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2006 9:45:15 PM
Makes me want to stay out of LA too!
HA HA HA!! We say every week -- why would ANY President in the "24" world EVER want to go to LA?? Don''t they read the papers! Somehow the President, VP, ex-Presidents, First Ladies ... EVERYONE is ALWAYS in LA!!!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I love this show too and I''m totally in love with the plastic surgeon, McSteamy! I''ve only seen him in a couple episodes, but he''s HOT HOT HOT!
emsmilep.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I love Greys Anatomy!! I never miss it. I just love George. And Kristina is SSSOOOO much like me it is funny. My BF keeps pointing out our ''issues'' we share.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results