shape
carat
color
clarity

Green Tsavorite (again)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Leon Mege found this stone for me. Thoughts?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Wow Harriet I don''t know a thing about colored stones, but I love the color and shape of that beauty! Why does it look like there is a line across the stone though? I assume that must be something with the photograph.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2007 7:35:34 PM
Author: Sundial
Wow Harriet I don''t know a thing about colored stones, but I love the color and shape of that beauty! Why does it look like there is a line across the stone though? I assume that must be something with the photograph.
Ditto to all.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't know anything about coloured stones either! Leon said it was a bad picture. But, he'll have it in his hands tomorrow and we'll know more about the line then.

Sundial,
You don't know anything about coloured stones? But you have a pretty pink one!

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
Read your other post and I also would prefer a squarish cushion. It''s a lovely colour but just too long.
your cartier trinity looks lovely as a rhr.
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks. It''s so much fun too. I play with it constantly.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet, do you have the dimensions for it?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, just the weight (3.43).

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2007 7:42:19 PM
Author: Harriet
I don't know anything about coloured stones either! Leon said it was a bad picture. But, he'll have it in his hands tomorrow and we'll know more about the line then.

Sundial,
You don't know anything about coloured stones? But you have a pretty pink one!
Thank you Harriet. I just let my jeweler bring in some pink sapphires that fit my RHR setting and chose the one I liked best. I am sure you can trust Leon's opinion completely.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
wowzers. I want one
31.gif
31.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Skippy,
I always like "bumping" into you on my threads. You look so happy.
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I say hubba hubba! Would love to see a few more pics before committing, but I''m sure Leon''s not exactly going to pick a dog.
2.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, my! I think that tsavorite is stunning!!!! If it''s as bright and lively as its picture suggests, it should be incredible. I''ll be curious to hear what Leon says after he''s seen it in real life. I''d trust his judgement completely.

Harriet...I''m really envious of you with this project. Ever since I saw Pokey''s ring, I''ve dreamt of having Leon do one for me. Lucky you!!

What fun!

widget

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That truly is a yummy color Harriet. I know it''s not square, but I think it could be truly stunning, more finger coverage too, if that''s important.
9.gif
2.gif

I''m curious, did you tell Leon you like squares better?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Looks good too me - though I''d like to see more pics.

I''m going for a longer cushion myself (although 2ct smaller than that one.)

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
What weight should I go for? I don''t want my rhr to overshadow my e-ring.

Ellen,
I forgot to.
6.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 9:38:01 AM
What weight should I go for? I don't want my rhr to overshadow my e-ring.

Ellen,
I forgot to.
6.gif
Well, I'm not real versed in colored gems, but I would think maybe you go more by diameter than ct. weight. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. You need to decide what your preferred size is, but at least you have your rounds dimensions to kinda go by. And about overshadowing your round, my opinion is, it would take quite a large stone, as in much larger than this one. For some reason, fancies can get away with being much larger than a round, at least in my opinion (but I've heard others say that as well), and I'm not a size gal per say.

For instance, my round is 1.4, 7.25 diameter. I have an emerald cut Aquamarine ring I inherited that is about 5.25 cts. (don't know diameter). While it's personally too big for me, I could easily wear it, and it would look fine with my round. Does that make sense?

And lol, you might want to give him a heads up on that, unless you fall in love with this stone.
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 9:54:35 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 3/7/2007 9:38:01 AM
What weight should I go for? I don''t want my rhr to overshadow my e-ring.

Ellen,
I forgot to.
6.gif
Well, I''m not real versed in colored gems, but I would think maybe you go more by diameter than ct. weight. I''m sure someone will correct me if I''m wrong. You need to decide what your preferred size is, but at least you have your rounds dimensions to kinda go by. And about overshadowing your round, my opinion is, it would take quite a large stone, as in much larger than this one. For some reason, fancies can get away with being much larger than a round, at least in my opinion (but I''ve heard others say that as well), and I''m not a size gal per say.

For instance, my round is 1.4, 7.25 diameter. I have an emerald cut Aquamarine ring I inherited that is about 5.25 cts. (don''t know diameter). While it''s personally too big for me, I could easily wear it, and it would look fine with my round. Does that make sense?

And lol, you might want to give him a heads up on that, unless you fall in love with this stone.
2.gif
Hi Ellen,
Going by diameter makes sense as different stones have different density. Darn, I was hoping you''d suggest a smaller stone so I can save some money.
26.gif
I''ve told Leon already.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Harriet. That stone looks like it might be a nice one from the picture. I would ask LM about the clarity, brilliance, and zoning.

In terms of the shape, if you are trying to re-create Pokey''s ring, this isn''t it. However the shape is very nice and it''s probably a matter of whether this stone shape/size would look good on your hand. I suppose you could set it East-West or North-South.

For our benefit, will you have him price the setting and the stone separately?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 10:06:04 AM
Author: starryeyed
Hi Harriet. That stone looks like it might be a nice one from the picture. I would ask LM about the clarity, brilliance, and zoning.

In terms of the shape, if you are trying to re-create Pokey''s ring, this isn''t it. However the shape is very nice and it''s probably a matter of whether this stone shape/size would look good on your hand. I suppose you could set it East-West or North-South.

For our benefit, will you have him price the setting and the stone separately?
Hi Enabler,

I''m not trying to re-create Pokey''s, but the HW cushion micropave. Will do.

PS. Please help me with my watch hunt.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 10:13:49 AM
Hi Harriet. Sure. I love watches.

I think I recall a Franck Muller Curvex with diamonds on a black strap for around $10K? Gorgeous.

Watches can be such a personal thing. I think you should think about:

1. The size of your wrist and what size/shape watch would look good.
2. Your wardrobe and strap color. If you wear mostly black (as any NY''er does!), the black strap will be fine. Do you wear mostly black-based stuff in the summer too? If not, or if you find yourself wearing browns, perhaps a metal bracelet is more versatile. Or you could think about getting a "summer" strap.
3. If you stick with straps, find out what a replacement strap costs, and how available they are. I almost fell over when I went to get a replacement strap for my first Cartier. Hundreds of dollars and many weeks of waiting for the exact color I wanted.
4. What is your thickness tolerance for the case?
5. What functions are important to you?
6. You may be able to save some money by getting a stainless steel watch with diamonds, rather than WG.

That FM is nice because it looks like it can be dressed up or dressed down. Have you tried it on?

Have you stopped into Tourneau on Madison? I don''t think they carry FM, but you may be able to try things on that are a similar size/shape to get an idea.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 10:57:29 AM
Author: starryeyed

Date: 3/7/2007 10:13:49 AM
Hi Harriet. Sure. I love watches.

I think I recall a Franck Muller Curvex with diamonds on a black strap for around $10K? Gorgeous.

Watches can be such a personal thing. I think you should think about:

1. The size of your wrist and what size/shape watch would look good.
2. Your wardrobe and strap color. If you wear mostly black (as any NY''er does!), the black strap will be fine. Do you wear mostly black-based stuff in the summer too? If not, or if you find yourself wearing browns, perhaps a metal bracelet is more versatile. Or you could think about getting a ''summer'' strap.
3. If you stick with straps, find out what a replacement strap costs, and how available they are. I almost fell over when I went to get a replacement strap for my first Cartier. Hundreds of dollars and many weeks of waiting for the exact color I wanted.
4. What is your thickness tolerance for the case?
5. What functions are important to you?
6. You may be able to save some money by getting a stainless steel watch with diamonds, rather than WG.

That FM is nice because it looks like it can be dressed up or dressed down. Have you tried it on?

Have you stopped into Tourneau on Madison? I don''t think they carry FM, but you may be able to try things on that are a similar size/shape to get an idea.
Hey Starryeyed,
1. I have tiny wrists and like the tonneau shape.
2. Lawyer attire, so maybe no diamonds.
8.gif

4. As thin as possible,
5. Basic functions.

I tried the FM on at Bergdorf''s and loved it. Btw, come over to my watch thread in "Jewelry pieces."

Thanks!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
that stone!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH I love that stone. Can''t wait to see what Leon says.

Linda

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want something more square. So ladies, that stone is up for grabs.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is he looking for another one for you then? And did he say what that line is/was in the stone?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
He has another one on the way. No, he hasn''t said anything more about this stone because I told him I didn''t want it.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
FYI: That''s a 3.23 ct, selling for $1,625 per ct.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2007 8:08:55 PM
Hi Skippy,
I always like ''bumping'' into you on my threads. You look so happy.
1.gif

awe, Harriet, that is so sweet! I am usually very happy go lucky; that is what my fellow coworkers and friends say. heehee.
Actually, that made my day.

I am in love with Green Tsavorite; I so want one! I can''t wait to see you Leon Mege ring!!!
3.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Skippy,

What's your secret?
1.gif
You may have to wait a whle to see my LM tsavorite ring -- I have very exact specifications for it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results